Sloped Wall (inverted)

CyberHunter

6 replies to this server topic

Please! 

This is just another one of the many building aspects I had hoped would come with the Structures Plus update that was watered down to the "Homestead Update". 

And to be honest, I didn't miss it at first because on xbox we don't have mods so I had never played around with it. I constantly find places it would have been nice to have it with, but just rolled my eyes and found another way to make it work most of the time. 

But then I played Atlas... Not only do they have ways to flip the sloped walls and triangles - but they have the stacking foundations, roof corners, roof valleys, half stairs, large walls (behemoth sized), and different sized gates (2x2, 3x3, 8x12). They have a different building system that groups together the items of a similar size/style so that you don't have to craft individuals of each, but rather some can simply be selected and placed based off a generic crafting cost (it would require a major re-work so not a likely inclusion, but would also cut down dramatically on the number of engrams you have to flip through). They also have a snapping guide which tells you how many snap point exist for the piece and allows you to flip through them to select the one you want to use. 

Now all of that goes beyond what this suggestion holds, but it does give an idea. 

As for the suggestion itself, please. As either and item or as a snap point - it would be nice to have it. 

a simple added rotation in our 'e' command would do it.  then in the code they just need to adjust the snapping point.

This is one of those 2+ yr bugs that annoys everyone in PVE.  Just like white on metal walls.    Why did it get missed? I was told because of something with colorblindness.

Maybe this was for crosseyeness?   :P

22 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

that groups together the items of a similar size/style so that you don't have to craft individuals of each, but rather some can simply be selected and placed based off a generic crafting cost (it would require a major re-work so not a likely inclusion, but would also cut down dramatically on the number of engrams you have to flip through).

I understand this point, but just no. Also,add sloped wall, roof corner(And inverse), stack foundations, and rework the snapping system!

Archived