Anky: Forge Saddle

Cymas

Suggestion

We have smithy saddles, mortar saddles, etc why not add a forge saddle for the anky? It would be breakable/repairable (for balance of course), use sparkpowder for fuel and produce at the same rate as the refining forge. Also give the anky weight reduction on metal ingots to make it viable, even 50% would do. But do make it so the forge would burn any animal that tries to carry it while it's active, and give it the same amount of heat production as a refining forge.

4 replies to this server topic

On 5/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

Because the phoenix already does that and the last thing this game needs it more overlap and crossing of unique features to render yet more dinosaurs useless in exhange for making already useful dinosaurs even more useful.

The phoenix is the one animal I want the most...but I've never had one because if you don't play on official, it's almost impossible to find a cluster running Scorched Earth. But the phoenix is a living forge so I don't think there's really any overlap--in this case you'd still have to fuel the anky forge saddle whereas a phoenix just does it naturally. So it would be an upgrade from the anky, essentially.

I like the suggestion. 

We already have three creatures already that act as a smithy. The Argy, the Beaver, and the Thorny Dragon. 

As a forge, we have one, the Phoenix. It is a hard to tame, difficult to find, unbreedable creature, that is limited to one map for consoles. Whereas the smithy creatures are pretty abundant on most maps. 

So to me it make sense, and as such I am all for the Anky acting as a Forge.

As an additional note however, I would probably include the added factor that it is either a separate saddle that allows the access to the functions and/or that it can't be ridden while it is smelting, but beyond that, I think it is a neat idea. 

Archived