Better Character models/animations/more hair styles

Rextimina

Suggestion

I would love to get a update to our human character (like a TLC) make it so maybe we can be more unique from each other, like able to customize our faces and stuff so we look like other characters or just more unique then being a slightly different version of the same person. and along with this remade human player the outfits/armors can be touched up to be more fitting to the new models maybe even allowing for little customization to the armors we make (like ability to just change how it looks, like a alternate version of the armor so not adding new armors just giving the player a choice of style of the armors look.). Another thing to go with it is to maybe make better animations for the player as well, maybe even update the combat system along with it. More hair styles of all kinds of styles that maybe reference other games be cool too.

these ideas are like my own as well and fit perfectly with the idea.

11 replies to this server topic

On 9/14/2019 at 9:28 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

See the source image

I totally agree that the character models need to be updated. I mean, Helena's head as she appears in Extinction looks better than our character, and she's basically JUST a head. They should also give our characters better facial animations for stuff like if they get hurt etc. Also, when you mention "an alternate version of the armor so not adding new armors just giving the player a choice of style of the armors look", I'm pretty sure you mean skins.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, Udam said:

i think what they could do is kinda what ATLAS did but with some extra steps!

upgradable stuff like body fat , mussel , hight , eyes, Nose , Arms , hands , feet , legs , lower legs , waist , chest , fingers etc!

able to change like Skin type:

Smooth: makes the skin look like the Base female for both

normal: just makes it look like Average skin

Rough: makes the skin looks like the Base male but for both male and female!

Old: makes your skin look old and wrinkly 

Able to add permanent war paint! that you can remove anytime but if you die it will stay on!

able to Stop hair length at (blank)

able to add (blank) body hair want to have body hair? sure if not sure!

hands grip onto items properly like Longnecks and other weapons that don't look right!

Male and Female Frame looks don't change frame of the body. (so same hitbox)  

and a few hair styles

Bald (lack thereof) , bun , Curly etc! 

yeah love the ideas, and well in a way skins but not like you having to do something to get them, just like right click and it says style 1-20 or something and it be the same cloth, hide, riot, etc . It just look different. Another idea would maybe redo the ui and then the armor system and maybe make it modular armor, picture wearing cloth armor under riot gear armor plates, or putting a ghilie over riot gear, or even adding fur to riot and vice versa and etc, things to make everyone more unque looking I think would be great in general.

recently though about it as well and be great way to put more lore into ark and have some of the variations of armor and stuff be different armors from different points in human history. New Idea I had to also like rework the animations of first person to somewhat sync with what our character looks like in third person, so the armor going all the way up your arms, or even being maybe a true first person camera being able to see your characters body and everything maybe. now a lot of this I think can maybe be thigns servers can turn on and off so they can say what they want and don't want.

Been thinking about it a lot lately and just wish I knew how to mod or something to make what I'm thinking of a reality but that require coding and such.

This is a post I get behind. 

Are there other things to fix? Probably.  Are there other things that could be added that may be more useful? Possibly. 

However this really brings it a bit more individuality to players in the game. As it is, if you want to play with a character that is unlike most others, you will most likely appear very unique- to put it nicely, which is all well and good for some, but not always liked by everyone. Which means you end up with many characters looking very similar to each other. So revamping the character creation menu would be nice, though for those of us with an established character, we may be trapped with what we have unless they would also provide access to redesign your character somehow. 

New clothing/armor and hairstyles would be a way to allow for some more creativity without changing an entire system. PC has a large variety through their mods, but those of us on console, do not, not really. We have some event skins, but most are event or holiday based and do not make up a complete set of armor when worn. 

For the clothing/armor options I would honestly be happy with some additional skins that we could add to full armor sets. With the leveling system they have, additional armor is somewhat unnecessary. (referring to journeymen, mastercraft, ascendant levels) If they didn't exist in that manner however, and were instead kept a flat level, seeing a higher leveled Hide set with better stats may work. New name, new level, new look, a more costly recipe, but essentially the upgraded version of a Hide armor set. That is only one example however, as it could apply to the rest. 

To revamp the clothing/armor in that way however, would be a complicated re-work. Which is why I would be more inclined towards, and happy with, some skin sets that we could either win as an achievement, or craft to place on top of the armour as we do with others currently in game. At this point, I would even be willing to pay for them. They figured out a way to attach a HLNA to an account, I would imagine the could do so for a skin set. Only unlike the HLNA, you could toss/deleted it from your inventory if you so wished so it wouldn't cluster your line items. They would simply have to have it set to where it is attached to an account so those in game who have not paid for it could not wear it. Hairstyles could be handled in a similar fashion. 

Those are just my thoughts though. It is something we discuss often in my cluster as we joke about how we look and how we must all be related to look so similar. ?

This is a post I completely agree with. I almost always go female because I really hate how the male model looks. Specifically the face. Having a way to just change things like the jaw's looks, and maybe muscle definition, without having toothpick arms and such, would help. The shape of the jaw alone would let you have many different looks, honestly.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, SapphireSam7 said:

This is a post I get behind. 

Are there other things to fix? Probably.  Are there other things that could be added that may be more useful? Possibly. 

However this really brings it a bit more individuality to players in the game. As it is, if you want to play with a character that is unlike most others, you will most likely appear very unique- to put it nicely, which is all well and good for some, but not always liked by everyone. Which means you end up with many characters looking very similar to each other. So revamping the character creation menu would be nice, though for those of us with an established character, we may be trapped with what we have unless they would also provide access to redesign your character somehow. 

New clothing/armor and hairstyles would be a way to allow for some more creativity without changing an entire system. PC has a large variety through their mods, but those of us on console, do not, not really. We have some event skins, but most are event or holiday based and do not make up a complete set of armor when worn. 

For the clothing/armor options I would honestly be happy with some additional skins that we could add to full armor sets. With the leveling system they have, additional armor is somewhat unnecessary. (referring to journeymen, mastercraft, ascendant levels) If they didn't exist in that manner however, and were instead kept a flat level, seeing a higher leveled Hide set with better stats may work. New name, new level, new look, a more costly recipe, but essentially the upgraded version of a Hide armor set. That is only one example however, as it could apply to the rest. 

To revamp the clothing/armor in that way however, would be a complicated re-work. Which is why I would be more inclined towards, and happy with, some skin sets that we could either win as an achievement, or craft to place on top of the armour as we do with others currently in game. At this point, I would even be willing to pay for them. They figured out a way to attach a HLNA to an account, I would imagine the could do so for a skin set. Only unlike the HLNA, you could toss/deleted it from your inventory if you so wished so it wouldn't cluster your line items. They would simply have to have it set to where it is attached to an account so those in game who have not paid for it could not wear it. Hairstyles could be handled in a similar fashion. 

Those are just my thoughts though. It is something we discuss often in my cluster as we joke about how we look and how we must all be related to look so similar. ?

I do agree with a lot of this that you said. though just for like certain things like different looks to armor parts I was just thinking it be you make the armor then you can right click it and then have a list of different versions of looks/ skins for said armor. Then I don't mind more hairs added through events and such but I do hope wed just get normal updates to just add some that are there to use from the start then having to go about the map to get them.

Now one thing I think would be better then just small updates to players would be like a dino TLC lvl of updates to players like remaking the models and some systems with the player animations and stuff. I literally have been fantasizing about someone making a mod that over hauls the player characters in all aspects from the model to the animations they have. Like resizing all the weapons and armor to not look off on the player models, maybe allow hair to be seen under helmets and hats, idle animations you can choose to make your character feel more unique etc. Just things to breath new life into the game. Like maybe maybe even animations that have our character actually pet/hug our dinos XD.

I literally have tons of ideas for how the character customization and such can be improved, and if I had the skills or knew friends I could help guide with the vision/idea I would do it to help make the game better cause I love ark but some things just rub me the wrong way, and being carbon copies of everyone in game do that to me the most. Also to me donig this change would make it so much better lore wise, since all on the ark are meant to be different cloned people from time I believe and not literal clone army, cause what would be the point of making nothing but identical clones  back to earth.

Oh and another thing my like Ark 2.0 idea which is sort of the idea I have been calling my like ark overhaul ideas is that once the update or mod is installed you'd get a item in your inventory that is like a syringe that if used would have your character put it in their implant and that would allow you to redesign your character again. Id say you can also craft them but they should be somewhat hard to craft kind of like mind wipe stuff.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:28 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

See the source image

I totally agree that the character models need to be updated. I mean, Helena's head as she appears in Extinction looks better than our character, and she's basically JUST a head. They should also give our characters better facial animations for stuff like if they get hurt etc. Also, when you mention "an alternate version of the armor so not adding new armors just giving the player a choice of style of the armors look", I'm pretty sure you mean skins.

Yes I completely agree with that, In fact that character model too me would be the main reason they should update the player models so that they match up to the rest of the game and keep the quality all in line so the next game can focus on just fully improving things and not taking steps back to red do things they could have fixed before hand. And honestly I d love to just be able to get my characters to cosplay other characters like regina from dino crisis. I like to cosplay in the game kind of sometimes XD. And yeah skins but ones that you don't have to collect, they are just there to change up the look if you want it to, but they will still be/look like your wearing hide or leather etc.  They could also always make new armors to fill out the tiers a bit more with more clothing options per tier.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________aregina.jpg

5 hours ago, Rextimina said:

yeah love the ideas, and well in a way skins but not like you having to do something to get them, just like right click and it says style 1-20 or something and it be the same cloth, hide, riot, etc . It just look different. Another idea would maybe redo the ui and then the armor system and maybe make it modular armor, picture wearing cloth armor under riot gear armor plates, or putting a ghilie over riot gear, or even adding fur to riot and vice versa and etc, things to make everyone more unque looking I think would be great in general.

recently though about it as well and be great way to put more lore into ark and have some of the variations of armor and stuff be different armors from different points in human history. New Idea I had to also like rework the animations of first person to somewhat sync with what our character looks like in third person, so the armor going all the way up your arms, or even being maybe a true first person camera being able to see your characters body and everything maybe. now a lot of this I think can maybe be thigns servers can turn on and off so they can say what they want and don't want.

Been thinking about it a lot lately and just wish I knew how to mod or something to make what I'm thinking of a reality but that require coding and such.

agree but the armor styles may be hard to do. love the idea though.

maybe some new skins you can unlock like "Beast master armor" Abernant armor , Mammoth Hunter armor, Dodo King armor, Bone armor, captain set etc

and about the player i could be in a Form of TLC for both you and Stats like.

4 types of model/skin types Smooth , Default , oLD and Younge (can mix some)

different body types like Muscular , skiny , Fat or Default (can have mix)

Different eye , nose , ears and hand types

Better animations 

Hit boxs are Equal 

Able to change Sounds of person 

and Buffs to humans in terms of stats like

HP: stays the same

Staiman: stays the same but you can still run, attack , Walk and swim without stamina  as long you have oxygen or health 

Food and Water: Goes Up by 100 per level (base game) and you gain buffs for eating good! (but nothing bad happens if you eat bad)

Weight: When you start out you have 200 base wight. but if you are overweight you can still move slowly but it cost more stamina 

Oxygens: goes up by 50 per level and helps you run Much longer.

Melee: stays the same but its called strength and it helps your resistance against damage by a small amount

fortitude is the same.

and Crafting speed is the same!

However if you survive long enough you can earn Small perks like plus 100% crafting skill , more Hp and other good buffs but if you die around 3 times then it will go away and you need to be active like running around, eat good and not die 

i think what they could do is kinda what ATLAS did but with some extra steps!

upgradable stuff like body fat , mussel , hight , eyes, Nose , Arms , hands , feet , legs , lower legs , waist , chest , fingers etc!

able to change like Skin type:

Smooth: makes the skin look like the Base female for both

normal: just makes it look like Average skin

Rough: makes the skin looks like the Base male but for both male and female!

Old: makes your skin look old and wrinkly 

Able to add permanent war paint! that you can remove anytime but if you die it will stay on!

able to Stop hair length at (blank)

able to add (blank) body hair want to have body hair? sure if not sure!

hands grip onto items properly like Longnecks and other weapons that don't look right!

Male and Female Frame looks don't change frame of the body. (so same hitbox)  

and a few hair styles

Bald (lack thereof) , bun , Curly etc! 

On 3/5/2020 at 6:12 AM, Udam said:

agree but the armor styles may be hard to do. love the idea though.

maybe some new skins you can unlock like "Beast master armor" Abernant armor , Mammoth Hunter armor, Dodo King armor, Bone armor, captain set etc

and about the player i could be in a Form of TLC for both you and Stats like.

4 types of model/skin types Smooth , Default , oLD and Younge (can mix some)

different body types like Muscular , skiny , Fat or Default (can have mix)

Different eye , nose , ears and hand types

Better animations 

Hit boxs are Equal 

Able to change Sounds of person 

and Buffs to humans in terms of stats like

HP: stays the same

Staiman: stays the same but you can still run, attack , Walk and swim without stamina  as long you have oxygen or health 

Food and Water: Goes Up by 100 per level (base game) and you gain buffs for eating good! (but nothing bad happens if you eat bad)

Weight: When you start out you have 200 base wight. but if you are overweight you can still move slowly but it cost more stamina 

Oxygens: goes up by 50 per level and helps you run Much longer.

Melee: stays the same but its called strength and it helps your resistance against damage by a small amount

fortitude is the same.

and Crafting speed is the same!

However if you survive long enough you can earn Small perks like plus 100% crafting skill , more Hp and other good buffs but if you die around 3 times then it will go away and you need to be active like running around, eat good and not die 

I do like these ideas a lot and does sound really good. the skins idea  I do think it be cool to have more full armor sets like you said, but  in a way more so saying like....just slight small alternate versions to all armor pieces, but all same stat wise. Like how the cloth gloves are rags, can maybe have ver1 of the skins just being like the rags only cover the hands and don't go up the for arm etc, just style changes. Kind of how Atlas seems to have a more stylistic approach to its armor and you don't have everyone in same outfit always per say.

Oh and it goes without saying that the armor and tools with this tlc would fit more and not really stand out as much as they do and look over sized and stuff on the character models. probably a better first person view as well, so its not floating arms and maybe can see your body so when your looking down you know where your feet are.

Better animations of course would be amazing as well, they can still keep their flare, like the pulling out  a pick ax animation and such but just make things feel more polished and fitting sounds best. It would be cool to be able to customize the set of animations our characters use, like idle animations, and etc, to give our characters more unique personalities along with the looks. But its not as important of a addition as just better animations and character model improvements.

More options to make us all more unique also would help with making the games lore more a part of game play as well. And on the subject of hit boxes making them more even is great, though, even with this change I do not want to stop people from making their character how they want, so it should still allow for people to make their dwarfs, really tall and skinny/fat, funny mutant kind of looking characters but to a more detailed degree in a way.

So in terms of stats, I would say it be good to keep the point system, but with each level your stats have a preset amount they would go up anyway, and with the points your given can make them more unique to your play style but still get the base character improvements per level. I do agree with the stats doing more benefits now to the player as well.

in terms of the crafting I think it should after  the player hits certain levels, you have a chance for your created items to come out as like apprentice, journeyman, master crafted, etc based on your level and putting stuff into  the crafting stat helps them craft faster and improves the chance along with maybe allowing you to craft higher tier items sooner if you put a ton into but, like... you'd have to put like all your points into it to get that kind of bonus. Basically making that stat have more utility to any play style really and making at least having green to blue tier items by crafting a thing so that not all our armor is like paper that breaks the moment anything hits it.

I do agree with your assessment of the other stats, though fort can also help  maybe with health regen.

A bonus for dying less does sound good, it would just have to be balanced fairly especially when you can like make a base and be super safe with certain tames and stuff, making it harder to really die.

Oh and we really do just need more hair, I love the idea of stopping it from growing past certain lengths as well so that even with same hair styles can still look unique. The inclusion of body hair and paints and stuff can work as well, but in terms of war paint it can be more like something you ca do in the game world than during creation so it can be changed every so often as you please, oh and that also makes makeup a thing as well.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, Rextimina said:

I would love to get a update to our human character (like a TLC) make it so maybe we can be more unique from each other, like able to customize our faces and stuff so we look like other characters or just more unique then being a slightly different version of the same person. and along with this remade human player the outfits/armors can be touched up to be more fitting to the new models maybe even allowing for little customization to the armors we make (like ability to just change how it looks, like a alternate version of the armor so not adding new armors just giving the player a choice of style of the armors look.). Another thing to go with it is to maybe make better animations for the player as well, maybe even update the combat system along with it. More hair styles of all kinds of styles that maybe reference other games be cool too.

these ideas are like my own as well and fit perfectly with the idea.

See the source image

Archived