Going north

DarotheWolf

So imma go up north for the first time soon. I live on the southern side of the island near the beginnings area. I am still mostly a noob. I plan to go with only a pteranodon as a mount and wearing a mix between hide and chitin. My plan is to pick up a low level wolf and Carry it home to tame it. My main fear is argys. What should I do to prepare?

7 hours ago, DarotheWolf said:

So imma go up north for the first time soon. I live on the southern side of the island near the beginnings area. I am still mostly a noob. I plan to go with only a pteranodon as a mount and wearing a mix between hide and chitin. My plan is to pick up a low level wolf and Carry it home to tame it. My main fear is argys. What should I do to prepare?

I second the suggestion of taming an ARGY first.   Pteras can only pick up a few dinos, plus their HP and weight in too low for a lot of carry around dangerous dinos.

You should fly to an area somewhat near (but not too close) to an area with Argies, and then build a column trap with a dino gate at one end (put it at the opposite end that you expect to be drawing the Argy from).   (also I recommend building a tiny stone building nearby, with a bed in it, in case you die)

Then with your Ptera on Passive, fly up to your chosen Argy, get it to agro on you and slowly fly to the trap, letting the Argy get close or even hit your Ptera occasionally , to keep it agro'd.  The fly into the trap thru the Dino gate, and then out the other side thru the space between columns. The Argy can't fit thru.  Then park you Ptera just out of reach of the Argy, dismount, and run around to close the dino gate.

Then sit back and tranq the Argy from a safe distance. once KO'd, you can either feed it kibble, or go out and kill a Stego for prime meat.

You can do this repeatedly, to get multple argies so that you can level them up into certain specialties. (Battle Argy = Melee and Health; Transport Argy = Weight & Stamina; etc.)

Once you have an Argy, you can pick up and tame wolves, any many more dinos.

8 hours ago, DarotheWolf said:

My main fear is argys.

Please beware of the Yutyrannus too, they can fear your dino and you lose control over it for 20 seconds. The worst case would be your dino getting stuck in a pack of direwolves or something. Also bring a sleeping bag and enough cooked meat with you just in case!

North is scary, but since it has my favorite base spot on The Island I live there. 

If you are just picking up the wolf with an argy to tame elsewhere, you should be fine. As mentioned, just be mindful of Yutyrannus since they can scare your bird into more dangerous enemies and also hidden Purlovia since they will jump out and knock you off your bird and probably right into a mob of direwolves or  daedons roaming around.

This is Mobile forum! (Or this topic  has been moved)

I did about the same as recommended. I build a Argy trap on the NE side of the Redwoods, along the river. Enough Argys there and not so much trouble. Beware of Terror Birds and Scorpions.

You will love your Argy! I've put most in Stam and Melee, then you can kill even Alphas with it. Best flyer until Griffin.

Good luck.

Archived