Change the search filter back! (Search Raw Meat)

mgnt232

Suggestion

A few updates ago they implemented some sort of search filter update. 
Now If I go for a meat run for babies there is NO WAY to search for just "raw meat", it will ALWAYS pulls up the hundreds of "raw prime meat".
So instead of searching just "w m" and getting the raw meat for babies (old way), I have to type "prime" then drop all, THEN "raw" to get the meat used for the babies.

Just an extra layer to the busy box that doesn't need to be there, if I want the raw prime meat, I will search for prime.
I can't be alone in this, please upvote if you feel the same

9 replies to this server topic

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 4/25/2019 at 9:07 PM, FriendlyVillain said:

Another alternative I would suggest is glob, it would save reinventing the wheel.

Suggesting this sort of thing is likely to make it more difficult. If they tried to make this sort of thing 'work'  in the first place, and this caused this, then this could encourage them to try something else to try and make it work.

Honestly, it worked just fine as it was before...

I actually think that because of the way it is currently working, that someone actually BROKE it...

Type in any letters, and you end up with a HEAP of results.

"i t" will return prime meat, as well as keratin and chitin (Along with anything with i and t in its name, no matter where it is placed)...

This does need to be looked at though, as it currently is annoying and counter-intuitive.

• Volunteer Moderator

Yes, I hate that change too. The easiest way to fix this without removing the new implementation would be to simply give players the choice by adding an "exact match" checkbox (or a new option in the advanced settings) that when checked, would ensure that what we type is included as is instead of matching every characters individually.

More folks that are annoyed by the new filtering:

Archived