blazybolt

ascension Scorched Earth : Ascension (after the boss)

Suggestion

77 replies to this server topic

Scorched earth ascension would be very nice because it would basically finish the ark story because on each map you ascend  and go to the next map to ascend even if you don’t get extra levels (it would be nice though) just to have a change up to the specimen implant, spice it up a little give it a new look!

I AGREE! I know in one of the streams that the devs did, they said they weren't going to add in an ascension because they felt the storyline was complete for SE. I think it is very odd that every map besides SE has an ascension, and a lot of players that follow the storyline when progressing through the game (The Island -> SE -> Aberration -> Extinction) would probably feel a larger sense of completion if there was an ascension. Also add in the wyvern tek saddle already! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UDGxKnight said:

They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already completed story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why would we?

This is correct.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

Also if we are going off of what the explorer notes say, this is #29 of Helena's from SE. 

The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains. Wali believes that it was destroyed by the obelisks, just like the city in the southeast.

I didn't press her for details, not that I'd have gotten any. Wali's more tight lipped about those ruins than anything. I had to practically beg her to take me to the southeastern city, and while we were there, she spent most of her time just gazing out into the distance.

No sense in bringing her mood down with that rubbish now. After all that she's done for me, I'd like give her a nice, proper farewell.

At least add in the ruins or make it more obvious which ruins they are talking about so we can follow in their footsteps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already completed story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why would we?

7 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is correct.

Wildcard have indeed sad that, but it doesn't mean the fans don't want it. TBH the fact that it still is in game suggestions shows that people really want this. In fact people have pushed to get ahold of modders so that they can make this a reality and push it in the main game.  In fact at the very start of last year it was said that it and the tek wyvern saddle could come out.  Also the claim it was finished is flawed considering that the phoenix ended up being added, and it was originally said way back when sourced was released it would get lots of new content (phoenix isn't lots). 

Also the claim regarding the lore is not valid because it only says how helena got off the station,  not us. We should be able to get off the station to aberration through an ascension because the chances are that ascension would be how we got to aberration.  The thing is we are not helena and we need to see a cutscene to find out. Otherwise we just magically teleported which is not true. Also this map has only died out because of generator decay. Otherwise the map would be playable for most people because surprisingly enough the map is loved. It is just unlivable on official due to the stupid generator needing constant repair not being difficult but a pain in the ass. Well that and Ragnarok. 

• Thanks 2

Maybe just a cutscene for beating the manticore?

Maybe a full blown Ascension even though I feel that the cave in the desert looks alot like what I would expect from an ascensionesque cave on scorched, it spirals down into the dark depths, it looks like the bottom of the cave has been destroyed so even though I support a scorched earth Ascension I am much more in favour of just a scorched earth cutscene

2 hours ago, Lowly said:

Maybe just a cutscene for beating the manticore?

Maybe a full blown Ascension even though I feel that the cave in the desert looks alot like what I would expect from an ascensionesque cave on scorched, it spirals down into the dark depths, it looks like the bottom of the cave has been destroyed so even though I support a scorched earth Ascension I am much more in favour of just a scorched earth cutscene

That is true but I think a better ascension would be to have the oversser as three weaker island bosses followed by the overseer as the manticore. Then when you beat that,(like tek cave but more so arena) You teleport to the main panel and face off a programmed hyrda possessed by the overseer. Afterwards you get the cutscene. All you need is 20 dinos and it is unique enough to be worthy of a fight. 

1 minute ago, ToxicAntidote said:

That is true but I think a better ascension would be to have the oversser as three weaker island bosses followed by the overseer as the manticore. Then when you beat that,(like tek cave but more so arena) You teleport to the main panel and face off a programmed hyrda possessed by the overseer. Afterwards you get the cutscene. All you need is 20 dinos and it is unique enough to be worthy of a fight. 

I agree this would be super awesome, but going with the developers statements so far.

There are no plans for SE Ascension but forever ago Jeremy did say that a cutscene was planned for scorched earth, so if we could entice them into doing the cutscene first then padding in an Ascension would be an easier task to levy them into by saying, look at scorched player counts since the cutscene was added, people want more from that map

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lowly said:

I agree this would be super awesome, but going with the developers statements so far.

There are no plans for SE Ascension but forever ago Jeremy did say that a cutscene was planned for scorched earth, so if we could entice them into doing the cutscene first then padding in an Ascension would be an easier task to levy them into by saying, look at scorched player counts since the cutscene was added, people want more from that map

I know but the thing is if they do this. They need to remove the generator maintenance. People only went to scorched for tames because the problem was they had to keep fixing the generator which was an unfair disadvantage to players who lived in the island. Also Ragnarok was a big mistake though that is something we can sort out after ascension honestly. They said they have no plans but now we are pushing this and this will probably be a top suggestion honestly so we can't be ignored.  Generally though it needs new creatures as well to buy time. BTW take out scorched creatures from extinction. They are useless and if you bring scorched engrams then people will complain because you didn't bring abb engrams so just take out the scorched creatures. (Except for corrupted obviously). 

Aside from the generator maintenance and scorhced earth ascension,  the rest can come after.

Edited by LightningCloud957

2 minutes ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I know but the thing is if they do this. They need to remove the generator maintenance. People only went to scorched for tames because the problem was they had to keep fixing the generator which was an unfair disadvantage to players who lived in the island. Also Ragnarok was a big mistake though that is something we can sort out after ascension honestly. They said they have no plans but now we are pushing this and this will probably be a top suggestion honestly so we can't be ignored.  Generally though it needs new creatures as well to buy time. BTW take out scorched creatures from extinction. They are useless and if you bring scorched engrams then people will complain because you didn't bring abb engrams so just take out the scorched creatures. (Except for corrupted obviously). 

Aside from the generator maintenance and scorhced earth ascension,  the rest can come after.

You've lost me a little bit

In PvE I don't see a lot of people using generators one scorched, I see alot using wind turbines but I forgot that PvP would be different, I personally go to scorched for the scenery and change of atmosphere not so much the tames

12 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

12 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is correct.

Aside from the fact that the final notes of helena and Rockwell don't imply anything it still is not a valid argument when considering the events of aberration.  Aberration had Helena and everyone use a portal to get to earth that they  made, not the arks. Ascension was not how they got to earth yet we still got a cutscene of landing in extinction.   Also you can argue that unlike helena we ascend to earth from aberration because we beat the boss that was preventing us from going to earth.  From what I recall Rockwell became the overseer and therefore its safe to assume the portal is an ascension tool now that we re calibrated the ark.   That's exactly why we should ascend from scorched earth to aberration. 

8 hours ago, LaughAssassin said:

Aside from the fact that the final notes of helena and Rockwell don't imply anything it still is not a valid argument when considering the events of aberration.  Aberration had Helena and everyone use a portal to get to earth that they  made, not the arks. Ascension was not how they got to earth yet we still got a cutscene of landing in extinction.   Also you can argue that unlike helena we ascend to earth from aberration because we beat the boss that was preventing us from going to earth.  From what I recall Rockwell became the overseer and therefore its safe to assume the portal is an ascension tool now that we re calibrated the ark.   That's exactly why we should ascend from scorched earth to aberration. 

Yes we did indeed "ascend" from Aberration. However, that only happened because Rockwell took over and the systems recognized him as the Overseer and we had to go through him according to the systems. Helena and Co. all circumvented that because they exploded the previous Overseer, which in hindsight means they completed the requirements to ascend cuz they killed it, and they created the teleportation system to go to Earth probably by adapting the systems that would have normally teleported them if they hadn't wrecked the Ark. I would assume the Ark adapted their new system as the new path for ascension to the next test. Although like we were told on Extinction we would never have made it to Earth without that new route being made cuz the tests were unreasonable and not completable. For reasons I don't comprehend I can only assume that Scorched Earth's ascension system had a system failure and is no longer required to take place, which just like we were told about the tests being broken it makes some sense if not all functioned properly at all anymore. We have no semblance of a time scale of when Helena and Rockwell went through SE but we can assume the tests had already been breaking down by their time (wiping out a "civilization" for not progressing seems like a malpractice to me).  

Ok so the story is complete no ascension for Scorched Earth. Let's say we added in a small cave only accessible on foot no dinos allowed. Fight your way to the end to a terminal that's the port to Aberration. Have a tribute maybe all 3 levels of Manticore, Alpha Wyvern trophy, Alpha Deathworm trophy, and let's say 100 of each wyvern talon to activate it. A little cutscene maybe a skin and something on your implant saying you escaped scorched. Just saying

• Like 3

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2