ascension Scorched Earth : Ascension (after the boss)

blazybolt

Suggestion

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 replies to this server topic

On 5/2/2019 at 5:01 AM, PeterManize said:

The problems far, and really, far outweight the qualities. The exclusivity of creatures on Scorched Earth, was completly shattered with the integration of Ragnarok has an Official DLC with the exception fo the Phoenix. Since THAT was a realization of the Development team, in which it was easily predictable, that Ragnarok would cast a shadow so dark on Scorched Earth, that it would leave a horrible burn on the company.

exactlyyyyy!! and the phoenix? seriously, okay in solo, PVE its can be cool, but in PVP (the most player) nobody tame a phoenix, the slot from scorched earth is always full, than scorched earth.

Seriously they dont want to invest in this content, but, more people play on scorched earth, as far i'am concerned, if they do ascension i buy the DLC, but this map 25e? ragnarock same 0e.. LOOOOOL

seriously, 65 voted.. need to back and do the ascension..work ok but money back, in PVE more people want to try this new experience, more server full, and you know WILDCARD, for survive, you, dev, and studio, need people on server, need player, this ascension bring player on PVE, PVP, solo, so you win!!!

dont understand they dont want to do this seriously.. they do a new event (okay cool) but they need a patch to patch the patch event and they work hard finally : 0e in the pocket

3 hours ago, ThatPat99 said:

Exactly. All hey have to do is add ascension and maybe a new tame or two with more viability than the Phoenix, and Scorch might actually be popular again. As it stands, WC could shut down every Scorch server, and hardly anybody would notice or care

Funnilly enough people like scorched but that damn generator decay and storms (which now only affects tek generators) are such disadvantages that people never lived because they  didn't want the disadvantages. People love the map alot and I'm pretty sure its one of the most loved dlc between it and abberation.  I like how they don't put drakes in valguero because they don't wanna devalue abb. Aside from the fact that no one cares about rock drake, they are literally abb scouts, abb tek because there is nothing else tek available and  litrally outhshined by good bred megalos for reapers have they not devalued scorched with EVERY DINO from scorched being on rag? I mean this whole devalue bs is ironic because rock drakes are not poopty wyverns but they fear that drakes will devalue abb but wyvs and golems wouldn't devalue scorched. funny thing is they could take out golems and return them to scorched. As for wyvs, limit it to fire and ice.  AS well, they could add two to three new creatures and make em practiical. And add an ascenion and the game is revived lol. But genesis...

It's werid how scorched has the most love by fans and least love by wildcard. 

On 4/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, Cedric said:

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

seriously, they ask a game suggestion most voted, and they said that.. the ascension from this map is asked for long time.. this seems like politic actual..

Seriously so bad! stop your game suggestion and do what Wildcard can do, if you cant do what people ask, close your website, do your game, and dont listen people playing game from the beginninng

18 hours ago, Vincenta13 said:

WC said, wait game suggestion most voted, i see, Ascension for SE is asking for long time, and now this vote is on the top10 topic most voted.. so i think its a good idea to invest on this content.
The right question is not, invest in other content, and not ascension, but, invest in this content, AND other things

Especially when other content will break the game. This will most likely have only minor bugs. Thats all it really comes down to honestly.  

5 hours ago, DuncanMacleod08 said:

Instead of ascension since wildcard keeps pushing the not in storyline bs even in this game suggestion post they need to add same ruins listed within notes rockwell and helena visited and more storyline that says how they got off scorched and let people follow in their footsteps.. As all we are saying is scorched storyline feels lacking when compared to island and abberation side... Just put some tlc into scorched and revamp story or add new areas and ruins to visit from the notes and expand saying how they escaped scorched... Even if its some lame giant cave system that led to abberation they found or something..... Also agree quit playing scorched due to generator bs if you weren't lucky enough to get into high wind zone was bad should have tek solar panels unlock after manticore kill that are safe from the decay... 

That's actually a good idea. Throw in some kind of Tek Flamethrower or thermal lance, a Tek machine that pulls water from the air, and the tek wyvern saddle they already have in the files, and that gives you a reasonable amount of stuff. Realistically, I don't even care if they add a cutscene or just reuse the Overseer for the Ascension. I just want the extra levels

8 hours ago, LaughAssassin said:

Aside from the fact that the final notes of helena and Rockwell don't imply anything it still is not a valid argument when considering the events of aberration.  Aberration had Helena and everyone use a portal to get to earth that they  made, not the arks. Ascension was not how they got to earth yet we still got a cutscene of landing in extinction.   Also you can argue that unlike helena we ascend to earth from aberration because we beat the boss that was preventing us from going to earth.  From what I recall Rockwell became the overseer and therefore its safe to assume the portal is an ascension tool now that we re calibrated the ark.   That's exactly why we should ascend from scorched earth to aberration. 

Yes we did indeed "ascend" from Aberration. However, that only happened because Rockwell took over and the systems recognized him as the Overseer and we had to go through him according to the systems. Helena and Co. all circumvented that because they exploded the previous Overseer, which in hindsight means they completed the requirements to ascend cuz they killed it, and they created the teleportation system to go to Earth probably by adapting the systems that would have normally teleported them if they hadn't wrecked the Ark. I would assume the Ark adapted their new system as the new path for ascension to the next test. Although like we were told on Extinction we would never have made it to Earth without that new route being made cuz the tests were unreasonable and not completable. For reasons I don't comprehend I can only assume that Scorched Earth's ascension system had a system failure and is no longer required to take place, which just like we were told about the tests being broken it makes some sense if not all functioned properly at all anymore. We have no semblance of a time scale of when Helena and Rockwell went through SE but we can assume the tests had already been breaking down by their time (wiping out a "civilization" for not progressing seems like a malpractice to me).  

Even though Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend, they did have to visit this Ark's Overseer. So... kinda figure the player should get the opportunity to do that as well. Because right now, this is the only DLC that feels unfinished and it just feels plain lazy that the developers aren't adding an ending of some sort... which is a shame, because the caves on this map are amazing and the lore is really interesting.

2 hours ago, ThatPat99 said:

Cutscenes are cool, but not needed. And ordinarily I wouldn't say this, but just reuse the Overseer and arena, and make all three alternate forms manticore, getting larger and stronger each time. Realistically, most of us just want the bonus levels and the Wyvern Tek Saddle anyway. Heck, throw in the other four pieces of wyvern armor skins, because that's been sought after for a while and it'll definitely offset any negative opinions. Or just ask the guy that fixed meshing to make you a cutscene. It's already heavily implied in the notes that helena and rockwell went through some sort of process to get to aberration, which was never explained in any way, so it clearly isn't complete storywise. And then we can have a nice, even 150 player level. Possibly 180 after Genesis, assuming 15 of them aren't simulated

True.  But without the cutscene its kinda half assed.I mean yeah the levels and  tekgrams are there as they should be. But without the cutsene its a bit of a bland experience when you really  think about it. I mean  the cinematics help tie us to the idea that we are progessing towards earth and ascension was at one point planned but is  now scrapped for literlly nothing else but  cutting corners. 

2 hours ago, ThatPat99 said:

Yes, but the actual flamethrower kinda sucks and the damage doesn't really scale with quality. A tek thermal lance could do greater damage to tames and steadily burn through structures, which could partially negate the need for explosives. Especially since most handheld or thrown tek weapons aren't great for destroying multiple structures. It would be like a handheld arthropleura in a sense, and any OPness could be kinda offset by the fact that you'd probably need to soak the turrets first

As for this. I'm  sorry, please don't be offended,  but have you played pvp? The flamethrower is an amazing equipment. Primative is not great but the blueprints you find are just cray with alot of damage and durability.  It probably is the best weapon with it damage going through armor. A tek variant would be mega broken and the tek weapons and one that would act like an arthropleura would literally render arthros useless  and ruin bases. The arthro offset allows people to break tedious vaults  because they take increased turret damage and c4 helps run bases. The arthro is a dino which is why this works.  This lance doesn't have that so people who literally turret run bases  are just able to  ram through. Also C4 needs to be placed which takes about 3-5 seconds plus if you have the bug even  longer. This still allows people to get shredded if they don't place c4 in time. This lance can make you invicable when primative. Knowing wildcard, they'll make it like other tek weapons and add them to extinction drops with the lance being a tekgram from titans. That would be mega broken.  Sorry but this just doesn't work. 

Ok so the story is complete no ascension for Scorched Earth. Let's say we added in a small cave only accessible on foot no dinos allowed. Fight your way to the end to a terminal that's the port to Aberration. Have a tribute maybe all 3 levels of Manticore, Alpha Wyvern trophy, Alpha Deathworm trophy, and let's say 100 of each wyvern talon to activate it. A little cutscene maybe a skin and something on your implant saying you escaped scorched. Just saying

I SURE WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT, WISH I HAD THAT OPTION IN THIS WEBPAGE/FORUM WILDCARD!

IT IS SO CONVENIENT TO HAVE  USER ACCOUNTS REGISTER IN, BUT QUITE MANIPULATIVE TO NOT GIVE THEM THE FREEDOM TO LEAVE WHEN THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING REJECTED, HUMILIATED AND EVEN HARRASSED. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HYPOCRISY, FOR BEING

SUPPORTIVE

ABOUT YOUR OWN COMMUNITY MEMBERS, INDEPENDENTLY OF WHERE THEY STAND.

LET ME GO. DO NOT USE ME AS A NUMBER IN YOUR POPULARITY CALCULATIONS, I DON'T BELONG THERE, NOR HERE.

As many people have said in this post before, Scorched Earth needs an endgame bossfight as well as a proper Ascension. Why bother adding in new content that is likely to break the game even more when you can add/fix the current content in the game. Listen to your community they clearly want this, and they clearly care about the current game you gave crafted for them. The community really wants to you focus on what you have currently, not what you don't have.

Archived