ascension Scorched Earth : Ascension (after the boss)

blazybolt

Suggestion

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 replies to this server topic

On 5/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, UDGxKnight said:

Someone explain to me why this is still a topic of conversation? SE doesn't need ascension. The story is finely laid out. Helena and Rockwell DID NOT ascend to leave SE so why in the world would we?

The Systems of the Arks were explained to us to be failing from long before we were spawned on them thanks to Helena's integration on Extinction. SE's ascension programing failed and we and everyone else are free to come and go as we please without the Overseer's permission. Honestly the Overseer is probably inactive and the station is running on auto pilot. 

I dont wan't useless ascension content on an old map. I want something new to work for and discover. SE had its time and now its time for new stuff.

It is still a topic because a lot of people want it and it should be included. And you are blatantly wrong. Regardless of what the devs have tried to get you to believe, it does mention an ascension sort of transition off of SE in the notes. They go through a portal in an old ruined city. They at least need to add that in if they are following the lore. Besides that, stop being so negative about this. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others don't. And why add new stuff when you can make your current stuff even better? Your argument makes no sense.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, WafflePancake said:

The city they are referring to is the destroyed coliseum area. The devs said that back when they intended to give SE an ending, the entrance to the Tek cave was going to be in that coliseum. 

Exactly. All hey have to do is add ascension and maybe a new tame or two with more viability than the Phoenix, and Scorch might actually be popular again. As it stands, WC could shut down every Scorch server, and hardly anybody would notice or care

2 minutes ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I know but the thing is if they do this. They need to remove the generator maintenance. People only went to scorched for tames because the problem was they had to keep fixing the generator which was an unfair disadvantage to players who lived in the island. Also Ragnarok was a big mistake though that is something we can sort out after ascension honestly. They said they have no plans but now we are pushing this and this will probably be a top suggestion honestly so we can't be ignored.  Generally though it needs new creatures as well to buy time. BTW take out scorched creatures from extinction. They are useless and if you bring scorched engrams then people will complain because you didn't bring abb engrams so just take out the scorched creatures. (Except for corrupted obviously). 

Aside from the generator maintenance and scorhced earth ascension,  the rest can come after.

You've lost me a little bit

In PvE I don't see a lot of people using generators one scorched, I see alot using wind turbines but I forgot that PvP would be different, I personally go to scorched for the scenery and change of atmosphere not so much the tames

Tbh the thing with scorched is that it is an objective disadvantage to live on that map. There are great spots, its a great place to live and many people would probably live in scorched as it has some of the best spots like its caves, 10/10  and other spots that make scorched op. Unfortunately when a generator constantly decays and a certain weather, i.e electrical storms stop tek generators from operating then we have a problem where enemies are able to walk inside your base or simply use a golem since your tek turrets won't shoot which weakens an enemy base significantly compared to you building the exact same base on literally any other map.    These huge disadvantages have created a narrative that people hate scorched when really it was these obvious issues that have given rise to the hate in the early days of scorched and created the misconception that scorched is a bad map. Then Ragnarok destroyed scorched since all you get from scorched is the phoenix and now scorhced is dead because of these issues. Seriously there are 3 things in a scorched tlc wildcard need to do to allow themselves to rescue scorched and make it playable. First, add ascension and 3 new engrams, i suggest , the long forgotten wyvern saddle, the tek forge and maybe some new tek crop plot that can be connected to a pipe, increase growth speed and have the same increase as tek trough. Second, add a couple more mythical creatures that can be useful  in pvp and be EXCLUSIVE  to scorched alone and never be released elsewhere.  And finally  change the electrical storms to only affect weapons and have them not affect things like tek generators and remove the stupid generator decay. 

I think wild card should focus on more maps that arent better than the last ones but rather on the same scale 

valley- one huge river that floods into a ocean at the bottom of the map and the rest of the edges are just mountains with a massive valley in the middle simple maybe but more maps adds alot more variety to ark which is the same old maps idk 

On 4/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, ElectricMoose21 said:

Scorched Earth Ascension, unlike other content, i.e a new map/game mode  cannot be as harmful.

Another 15 levels from Ascension is a big deal, as are any new creatures or changes to the existing ones. Scorched creatures were top of the game at one point, and easily could be again if tampered with. 

From what I have seen on this post as well as the community in general, people really want to some form of TLC for Scorched Earth. I understand that your working on Genesis but when you launched Valguero you didn't have every creature from Aberration the map because you didn't want abberation to lose value. What about Scorched Earth when Ragnarok released? 

The pheonix can't be used as an excuse to justify what you did to SE as the pheonix is pretty useless in both pvp and pve

You said in the most recent community cruch that you wish to make current content better, so what about Scorched Earth? What Scorched Earth needs is something that you can't get anywhere else (apart from an acsension) like a few new creatures and maybe it's own special Tek cave/Tek grams. As I said before you don't want Aberration to lose vaule with Valguero, so why not do the same with Scorched Earth?

19 hours ago, Feropron said:

True.  But without the cutscene its kinda half assed.I mean yeah the levels and  tekgrams are there as they should be. But without the cutsene its a bit of a bland experience when you really  think about it. I mean  the cinematics help tie us to the idea that we are progessing towards earth and ascension was at one point planned but is  now scrapped for literlly nothing else but  cutting corners. 

As for this. I'm  sorry, please don't be offended,  but have you played pvp? The flamethrower is an amazing equipment. Primative is not great but the blueprints you find are just cray with alot of damage and durability.  It probably is the best weapon with it damage going through armor. A tek variant would be mega broken and the tek weapons and one that would act like an arthropleura would literally render arthros useless  and ruin bases. The arthro offset allows people to break tedious vaults  because they take increased turret damage and c4 helps run bases. The arthro is a dino which is why this works.  This lance doesn't have that so people who literally turret run bases  are just able to  ram through. Also C4 needs to be placed which takes about 3-5 seconds plus if you have the bug even  longer. This still allows people to get shredded if they don't place c4 in time. This lance can make you invicable when primative. Knowing wildcard, they'll make it like other tek weapons and add them to extinction drops with the lance being a tekgram from titans. That would be mega broken.  Sorry but this just doesn't work. 

Come to think of it, a Tek drill or jackhammer would a good addition, similar to the chainsaw, but as a pickaxe

2 hours ago, Lowly said:

Maybe just a cutscene for beating the manticore?

Maybe a full blown Ascension even though I feel that the cave in the desert looks alot like what I would expect from an ascensionesque cave on scorched, it spirals down into the dark depths, it looks like the bottom of the cave has been destroyed so even though I support a scorched earth Ascension I am much more in favour of just a scorched earth cutscene

That is true but I think a better ascension would be to have the oversser as three weaker island bosses followed by the overseer as the manticore. Then when you beat that,(like tek cave but more so arena) You teleport to the main panel and face off a programmed hyrda possessed by the overseer. Afterwards you get the cutscene. All you need is 20 dinos and it is unique enough to be worthy of a fight. 

12 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already completed story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why would we?

12 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is correct.

Aside from the fact that the final notes of helena and Rockwell don't imply anything it still is not a valid argument when considering the events of aberration.  Aberration had Helena and everyone use a portal to get to earth that they  made, not the arks. Ascension was not how they got to earth yet we still got a cutscene of landing in extinction.   Also you can argue that unlike helena we ascend to earth from aberration because we beat the boss that was preventing us from going to earth.  From what I recall Rockwell became the overseer and therefore its safe to assume the portal is an ascension tool now that we re calibrated the ark.   That's exactly why we should ascend from scorched earth to aberration. 

I AGREE! I know in one of the streams that the devs did, they said they weren't going to add in an ascension because they felt the storyline was complete for SE. I think it is very odd that every map besides SE has an ascension, and a lot of players that follow the storyline when progressing through the game (The Island -> SE -> Aberration -> Extinction) would probably feel a larger sense of completion if there was an ascension. Also add in the wyvern tek saddle already! 

On 4/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, JordansARK said:

Scorched earth ascension would be very nice because it would basically finish the ark story because on each map you ascend  and go to the next map to ascend even if you don’t get extra levels (it would be nice though) just to have a change up to the specimen implant, spice it up a little give it a new look!

Then you go through all that work just to lose your bling at extinction's finish.  Seems so sad really, id rather keep it because it looks so cool.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:53 AM, ElectricMoose21 said:

Wildcard have indeed sad that, but it doesn't mean the fans don't want it. TBH the fact that it still is in game suggestions shows that people really want this. In fact people have pushed to get ahold of modders so that they can make this a reality and push it in the main game.  In fact at the very start of last year it was said that it and the tek wyvern saddle could come out.  Also the claim it was finished is flawed considering that the phoenix ended up being added, and it was originally said way back when sourced was released it would get lots of new content (phoenix isn't lots). 

Also the claim regarding the lore is not valid because it only says how helena got off the station,  not us. We should be able to get off the station to aberration through an ascension because the chances are that ascension would be how we got to aberration.  The thing is we are not helena and we need to see a cutscene to find out. Otherwise we just magically teleported which is not true. Also this map has only died out because of generator decay. Otherwise the map would be playable for most people because surprisingly enough the map is loved. It is just unlivable on official due to the stupid generator needing constant repair not being difficult but a pain in the ass. Well that and Ragnarok. 

True, helena didnt ascend off of Aberration by killing rockwell.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:05 PM, divisd1 said:

Little known fact, the dev kit has a manticore variant of the overseer boss. So it looks like at one point they were maybe working on it.

This is a good point and we know from the notes that all the arks have overseers because aberration had 1 too.  Also the point of the arks is to preserve life but its also to evolve humanity to overcome harsh conditions in a gauntlet of trials and upon completion you ascend to the next trial.  Now correct me if im wrong because i dont have all the notes, the note speaks of the journey to the city but not the ruins themselves until after you get to extinction right?  Theres room to add 1 more helena note here about a 2nd stronger overseer.  Think about it, even if im wrong, helena wouldnt write about the boss fight after the actual portal/ascension room if she already wrote about it right?  So theres room for this to already exist.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kurrail said:

Ok so the story is complete no ascension for Scorched Earth. Let's say we added in a small cave only accessible on foot no dinos allowed. Fight your way to the end to a terminal that's the port to Aberration. Have a tribute maybe all 3 levels of Manticore, Alpha Wyvern trophy, Alpha Deathworm trophy, and let's say 100 of each wyvern talon to activate it. A little cutscene maybe a skin and something on your implant saying you escaped scorched. Just saying

Lets see, the mountains are in the west,  to the west of the southern portion of the mountains is the largest ruins on the map, the colosseum.  If its like rome then the colosseum should belong to a huge city.  Mabye have the city buried like the 1 you get the artifact in.  The colosseum could be on the north end so you enter through it and travel south to match the geography of the note.  Idk about you guys but that colosseum always felt out of place/had an important presence feeling but as is its worthless.  Heck if you wanted to go lazy they could just make an outdoors overseer fight there that has a manticore form as well(setup like the titans) then the ascension chamber be inside the colosseum with a door that open after you win the fight.

1 minute ago, ToxicAntidote said:

That is true but I think a better ascension would be to have the oversser as three weaker island bosses followed by the overseer as the manticore. Then when you beat that,(like tek cave but more so arena) You teleport to the main panel and face off a programmed hyrda possessed by the overseer. Afterwards you get the cutscene. All you need is 20 dinos and it is unique enough to be worthy of a fight. 

I agree this would be super awesome, but going with the developers statements so far.

There are no plans for SE Ascension but forever ago Jeremy did say that a cutscene was planned for scorched earth, so if we could entice them into doing the cutscene first then padding in an Ascension would be an easier task to levy them into by saying, look at scorched player counts since the cutscene was added, people want more from that map

4 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I still really want this.

I agree we all want this. Honestly the reason people on official stopped playing was cause of genny decay. That was a disadvantage that could be avoided on other maps. People still played but had main bases elsewhere because of easier maintenance. However when ragnarok came out that created another reason not to visit scorched. With or without scorched rag would have been fine but it killed scorhced.  An ascension may give incentives but maybe implement the flame turret and 3 new creatures, a winged snake, a thunerbird and cockatres(and saddle).  Tek Wyvern Saddle, Tek forge(also smelts organic polymer to poly 5-1)  and Tek Water Reservoir(when powerd generates water). Done just made scorched worth it. 

23 hours ago, PuggyBluet said:

I would probably say tek wyvern saddle, tek forge and tek spyglass. Even the playing field a little bit and give scorched an incentive. I mean tek forge is amazing, an official super spyglass evens the advantage of pc having smart breeder and can export stats and tek wyvern saddle could possibly counter manas and add armor to wyvs which could be useful right now. Also, all three of these things exists in the game in some form. Tek forge S Plus,  Tek wyvern saddle, dev kit and tek spyglass, super spyglass mod. Flamethrower would be useless since the current flamethrower exists and has bps( meaning they would have to add it to extinction like railgun to get bps) which is why I think they didn't add tek shot guns. A tek machine for water is really cool though so that could work just as well but assuming they would do it like rockwell i think forge is honestly better. Though tek machine for water is actually an amazing fix to the irrigation issued caused by wildcard. Would fix the irrigation issues.

Yes, but the actual flamethrower kinda sucks and the damage doesn't really scale with quality. A tek thermal lance could do greater damage to tames and steadily burn through structures, which could partially negate the need for explosives. Especially since most handheld or thrown tek weapons aren't great for destroying multiple structures. It would be like a handheld arthropleura in a sense, and any OPness could be kinda offset by the fact that you'd probably need to soak the turrets first

11 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

What I'd like to see them do is add in three more artifacts/caves and two more bosses. So that, like the Island, it has 3 bosses. Two artifacts needed to summon each. 

They'd have to alter the existing explorer notes. It says on one of them something about the station's lone guardian. You could argue that bosses are guardians and the overseer is something else above them, and sneak another boss in that way. Something like a overseer pharaoh-robot would be cool and appropriate.

I'm surprised they didn't think to add a burrowing tame, like the dune thresher from Diablo. Or a giant tortoise similar to a titanosaur. Some kind of creature that's buffed by one or more weather conditions would be good too

Me personally, I got bored on Scorch pretty quick, especially since most of the tames can be acquired on other maps. Generator decay didn't help either, although you can still get pretty consistent power with the right area and several wind turbines, last I checked. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a battery device to the game that for example, can provide one hour of power if powered for 10 hours, and give it a maximum power capacity of maybe 6-12 hours that it can power your stuff

On 4/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, Cedric said:

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

Cutscenes are cool, but not needed. And ordinarily I wouldn't say this, but just reuse the Overseer and arena, and make all three alternate forms manticore, getting larger and stronger each time. Realistically, most of us just want the bonus levels and the Wyvern Tek Saddle anyway. Heck, throw in the other four pieces of wyvern armor skins, because that's been sought after for a while and it'll definitely offset any negative opinions. Or just ask the guy that fixed meshing to make you a cutscene. It's already heavily implied in the notes that helena and rockwell went through some sort of process to get to aberration, which was never explained in any way, so it clearly isn't complete storywise. And then we can have a nice, even 150 player level. Possibly 180 after Genesis, assuming 15 of them aren't simulated

17 hours ago, ThatPat99 said:

They'd have to alter the existing explorer notes. It says on one of them something about the station's lone guardian. You could argue that bosses are guardians and the overseer is something else above them, and sneak another boss in that way. Something like a overseer pharaoh-robot would be cool and appropriate.

I'm surprised they didn't think to add a burrowing tame, like the dune thresher from Diablo. Or a giant tortoise similar to a titanosaur. Some kind of creature that's buffed by one or more weather conditions would be good too

Me personally, I got bored on Scorch pretty quick, especially since most of the tames can be acquired on other maps. Generator decay didn't help either, although you can still get pretty consistent power with the right area and several wind turbines, last I checked. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a battery device to the game that for example, can provide one hour of power if powered for 10 hours, and give it a maximum power capacity of maybe 6-12 hours that it can power your stuff

We don't need to worry about them changing the explorer notes. There're several bits of info in the Notes that don't line up with what we know about the game. For example, in one of her Aberration notes, Mei Yin said she tamed a Rock Drake by shooting it with tranq arrows. We know that's not right. Another example is in Helena's dossier for the roll rat, she says it's rolling attack can damage metal, but it can't in game.

If I were to choose two new bosses to be added SE, I would go like this:

Easy Boss: A giant SCORPION, with a long scythe stinging tail. It can also pick up tames in its vice-claws and crush them for a bit before throwing them. It can summon smaller Pulmonscorpious minions to fight for it.

Medium Boss: The Manticore. Keep that as it is.

Hard Boss: Cerberus. A giant, vicious, 3-headed dog. One head can spit fire, one head can shoot lightning, and the third can spew poison. The three heads can also pick up a tames in their mouth and gnaw on them. Once it hits a certain bit of health, it spawn in wyverns to fight for it.

When playing on single-player, the different obelisks will summon the different bosses.

Green: Sunmons Scorpion.

Blue: Summons Manticore

Red: Summons Cerberus.

Personally I could not care any less about the story line or cinematic whatever, just give us 15 more levels lol. I feel this is ultimately what most people are after.

Especially with rockwell being basically impossible without playing ab and raising drakes. Where as the other bosses can be defeated with an army you can raise anywhere, most just want the levels. At this point no one is starting fresh on ab... so anyone that hit max level after island ascension is basically stuck

Archived