ascension Scorched Earth : Ascension (after the boss)

blazybolt

Suggestion

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 replies to this server topic

5 minutes ago, PileDRiver said:

Seriously not a good idea. I think everyone is done with maps. New maps every year just feels stupid. New game mode and stuff.  They're just making excuses like, " if you look in the lore, you can tell" or "scorched was complete" or even "the resoucres would be better in new content." Nope all these things are just excuses. Yes you can see xp notes but that happens on all maps, no scorched earth is incomplete as Jeremy said it was coming with new engrams, you just choose not to do it and we are telling you we want the reosurces to go to this and not other content. Just saying the facts. 

Seriously though lets look at the original timeline. 1 year of early acess then dlc. 1 year of early acess means tek would have been in the game. Instead you guys launched the dlc.  Simply put socrhced earth was meant to be released when the game was complete. As shown by aberration we can confirm that scorched would have had an ascension if released properly. This is evident by Jeremy's statement.  The truth is scorhced came out too early. Seriously people love scorched but in official its hard to live with the disadvantages of geny decay. Remove that and add ascension and boom great game. 

Don't ignore this because we clearly are wanting this more than anything despite your rejections in the stream. 

8 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already completed story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why would we?

7 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is correct.

Wildcard have indeed sad that, but it doesn't mean the fans don't want it. TBH the fact that it still is in game suggestions shows that people really want this. In fact people have pushed to get ahold of modders so that they can make this a reality and push it in the main game.  In fact at the very start of last year it was said that it and the tek wyvern saddle could come out.  Also the claim it was finished is flawed considering that the phoenix ended up being added, and it was originally said way back when sourced was released it would get lots of new content (phoenix isn't lots). 

Also the claim regarding the lore is not valid because it only says how helena got off the station,  not us. We should be able to get off the station to aberration through an ascension because the chances are that ascension would be how we got to aberration.  The thing is we are not helena and we need to see a cutscene to find out. Otherwise we just magically teleported which is not true. Also this map has only died out because of generator decay. Otherwise the map would be playable for most people because surprisingly enough the map is loved. It is just unlivable on official due to the stupid generator needing constant repair not being difficult but a pain in the ass. Well that and Ragnarok. 

Maybe just a cutscene for beating the manticore?

Maybe a full blown Ascension even though I feel that the cave in the desert looks alot like what I would expect from an ascensionesque cave on scorched, it spirals down into the dark depths, it looks like the bottom of the cave has been destroyed so even though I support a scorched earth Ascension I am much more in favour of just a scorched earth cutscene

On April 23, 2019 at 5:52 PM, divisd1 said:

Also if we are going off of what the explorer notes say, this is #29 of Helena's from SE. 

The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains. Wali believes that it was destroyed by the obelisks, just like the city in the southeast.

I didn't press her for details, not that I'd have gotten any. Wali's more tight lipped about those ruins than anything. I had to practically beg her to take me to the southeastern city, and while we were there, she spent most of her time just gazing out into the distance.

No sense in bringing her mood down with that rubbish now. After all that she's done for me, I'd like give her a nice, proper farewell.

At least add in the ruins or make it more obvious which ruins they are talking about so we can follow in their footsteps.

The city they are referring to is the destroyed coliseum area. The devs said that back when they intended to give SE an ending, the entrance to the Tek cave was going to be in that coliseum. 

On 4/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, Cedric said:

but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

Imagine "Return of the Jedi" hiting Cinemas, with the last 5 Minutes left out.
And then havin G. Lucas giving that excuse why that is.

Normally i don't pull that Joker but this time it hit's the Spot: we paid for a complete product. A Cinematic that shows a proper Ending belongs to a Story like wheels to a car.

Someone explain to me why this is still a topic of conversation? SE doesn't need ascension. The story is finely laid out. Helena and Rockwell DID NOT ascend to leave SE so why in the world would we?

The Systems of the Arks were explained to us to be failing from long before we were spawned on them thanks to Helena's integration on Extinction. SE's ascension programing failed and we and everyone else are free to come and go as we please without the Overseer's permission. Honestly the Overseer is probably inactive and the station is running on auto pilot. 

I dont wan't useless ascension content on an old map. I want something new to work for and discover. SE had its time and now its time for new stuff.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, Cedric said:

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

It wouldn't have to be a full ascension/cinematic.

Just the Ruins/Terminal where she left. When you use the Terminal to upload yourself a short Cinamatic: "Flash of light, you go into the Arc Network, a glimpse of Abberation, Flash again... Credits/Music".

ATM transitioning from SE to Abberation just feels empty/non-immersive.

9 hours ago, ThatPat99 said:

Exactly. All hey have to do is add ascension and maybe a new tame or two with more viability than the Phoenix, and Scorch might actually be popular again. As it stands, WC could shut down every Scorch server, and hardly anybody would notice or care

What I'd like to see them do is add in three more artifacts/caves and two more bosses. So that, like the Island, it has 3 bosses. Two artifacts needed to summon each. 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:00 AM, UDGxKnight said:

Someone explain to me why this is still a topic of conversation? SE doesn't need ascension. The story is finely laid out. Helena and Rockwell DID NOT ascend to leave SE so why in the world would we?

The Systems of the Arks were explained to us to be failing from long before we were spawned on them thanks to Helena's integration on Extinction. SE's ascension programing failed and we and everyone else are free to come and go as we please without the Overseer's permission. Honestly the Overseer is probably inactive and the station is running on auto pilot. 

I dont wan't useless ascension content on an old map. I want something new to work for and discover. SE had its time and now its time for new stuff.

Ok then.  Explain how they and us got to aberration. Seriously. If you can't explain how we  got to aberration then  you are not telling the story correctly. If you leave a gap in the story then we want it filled. Also SE only truly  died due to generator decay and ragnarok. It has a lot  of potential with just an ending as people love the map.  

Scorched needs an Ascension Endgame.

I understand that new content is a good thing, it keeps the game going, but I honestly rather Wildcard go back to their older Content and fix it up. Scorched Earth is practically useless unless you are trying to do a Story Playthrough or getting all the Explorer Notes, which quite frankly people just use a command for on their Singleplayer anyway. There is no point to SE and no one buys it anymore, or puts it on their servers because everything is available on a free map anyway. Not to mention Ragnarok is an incomplete looking map. Various areas of biomes are blank with nothing but dinos spawn (eg the South part of the swamp, various tops of snow mountains etc.) , not to mention various bugs that never have been fixed (Ice wyvern overspawns, LifesLabyrith letters not showing anymore, lava is not friendly to Magmasaurs). The out of the world praise that Rag gets is just so baffling to me.

WC, you've stated you want to make current content better. Then honestly prove it. Because I know a fair amount of people who don't buy SE because Rag has everything but the Phoenix, and the amount of people that care for a Phoenix is little. They even ask why I run SE on my Cluster when Rag is better, which I say "that is your opinion, not mine".

Here, I'll make it easy for you WC, a list of changes for SE, we can call it the "Scorched Earth Revival" plan:
 1 - Add an Ascension, I don't care if its just a Tek Cave like gauntlet with Wyverns in it, make it give 15+ levels upon a Alpha Completion. Extra Levels are something even PvP players would go after.
2 - Add the Ice Wyvern to SE, why mention it in the Managamr dossier if you don't change it to be on SE, Ice Wyverns are not Rag exclusive since they appear on Val too.
3 - Add a unique creature variant for some of the dinos on SE, much like Aberrant Dinos and X-Dinos, call them Desert Dinos and make them immune to Sandstorm and other things of SE, doesn't have to be all of the dinos that appear on the map. They don't have to have any fancy %health/damage changes, just make them immune to certain status effects and give them a desert like colour palete.
4 - Rework the Weather system a little. Sandstorms are stupid, I call it AFK time, make it so if you are wearing Desert/Tek Gear makes you immune to to Sandstorm. Have Tek Teir structures and gear work in an electrical storm.
5 - If you don't want to remove some of the SE dinos from Rag then add some new ones, I can already think of two from a certain mod which is sponsored. The concovanator and Acro are super solid creature that would fit the SE theme. If not make something up, if its a place for a lot of Mythology based creatures then add some of those.

My rant is done. I just think its stupid how Rag gets all the love when its a buggy mess and SE just gets shafted because theres not point to fixing it. People whinge and cry about breeding rates not being high enough for the birthday event we got but when it comes to something like this and people make logic arguements to why SE should be improved get ignored for all of time. I've always sat in the background not minding things as they go along but I'm getting sick of it. It seems that the only way to make a change by WC is to cry the loudest power their salt generators and not make logic arguments based of facts and reasoning.

Scorched earth ascension would be very nice because it would basically finish the ark story because on each map you ascend  and go to the next map to ascend even if you don’t get extra levels (it would be nice though) just to have a change up to the specimen implant, spice it up a little give it a new look!

18 hours ago, Feropron said:

True.  But without the cutscene its kinda half assed.I mean yeah the levels and  tekgrams are there as they should be. But without the cutsene its a bit of a bland experience when you really  think about it. I mean  the cinematics help tie us to the idea that we are progessing towards earth and ascension was at one point planned but is  now scrapped for literlly nothing else but  cutting corners. 

As for this. I'm  sorry, please don't be offended,  but have you played pvp? The flamethrower is an amazing equipment. Primative is not great but the blueprints you find are just cray with alot of damage and durability.  It probably is the best weapon with it damage going through armor. A tek variant would be mega broken and the tek weapons and one that would act like an arthropleura would literally render arthros useless  and ruin bases. The arthro offset allows people to break tedious vaults  because they take increased turret damage and c4 helps run bases. The arthro is a dino which is why this works.  This lance doesn't have that so people who literally turret run bases  are just able to  ram through. Also C4 needs to be placed which takes about 3-5 seconds plus if you have the bug even  longer. This still allows people to get shredded if they don't place c4 in time. This lance can make you invicable when primative. Knowing wildcard, they'll make it like other tek weapons and add them to extinction drops with the lance being a tekgram from titans. That would be mega broken.  Sorry but this just doesn't work. 

Flamethrower damage has a cap, and once you hit that, any additional damage % is just making it more expensive to repair. And I'm not saying the lance should instantly destroy a structure, it'd still take a moment to burn through, during which you're still getting shot at. And each titan already unlocks a tek weapon, so it could just be unlocked through alpha manticore or a alpha scorch overseer. It could just have maybe half the structure damage of an average arthro. Especially since tek bps have crap stats and massive costs, so if the turrets kill you while you're melting your way in, you just gave them your crazy expensive alien blowtorch. Unless you have a better idea for a tek weapon that's thematically suited to Scorch

• Wildcard Community

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

Also if we are going off of what the explorer notes say, this is #29 of Helena's from SE. 

The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains. Wali believes that it was destroyed by the obelisks, just like the city in the southeast.

I didn't press her for details, not that I'd have gotten any. Wali's more tight lipped about those ruins than anything. I had to practically beg her to take me to the southeastern city, and while we were there, she spent most of her time just gazing out into the distance.

No sense in bringing her mood down with that rubbish now. After all that she's done for me, I'd like give her a nice, proper farewell.

At least add in the ruins or make it more obvious which ruins they are talking about so we can follow in their footsteps.

1 hour ago, Lowly said:

I agree this would be super awesome, but going with the developers statements so far.

There are no plans for SE Ascension but forever ago Jeremy did say that a cutscene was planned for scorched earth, so if we could entice them into doing the cutscene first then padding in an Ascension would be an easier task to levy them into by saying, look at scorched player counts since the cutscene was added, people want more from that map

I know but the thing is if they do this. They need to remove the generator maintenance. People only went to scorched for tames because the problem was they had to keep fixing the generator which was an unfair disadvantage to players who lived in the island. Also Ragnarok was a big mistake though that is something we can sort out after ascension honestly. They said they have no plans but now we are pushing this and this will probably be a top suggestion honestly so we can't be ignored.  Generally though it needs new creatures as well to buy time. BTW take out scorched creatures from extinction. They are useless and if you bring scorched engrams then people will complain because you didn't bring abb engrams so just take out the scorched creatures. (Except for corrupted obviously). 

Aside from the generator maintenance and scorhced earth ascension,  the rest can come after.

5 hours ago, THEBEAST0503 said:

I agree scorched doesnt really get played on anymore because of rag desert. A boss ending would make it more popular. It really has alot of potential

whatever finally :

Spoiler

a boss ending its just normal, cuz overseer want to stop us on the island, why not on scorched earth? all map story have a cinematic, its the story, even if 2 people story from island, never transfert on scorched earth but on abberation, rockwell and Helena yes

Archived