ascension Scorched Earth : Ascension (after the boss)

blazybolt

Suggestion

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 replies to this server topic

On 8/23/2019 at 8:51 AM, ThatPat99 said:

That's actually a good idea. Throw in some kind of Tek Flamethrower or thermal lance, a Tek machine that pulls water from the air, and the tek wyvern saddle they already have in the files, and that gives you a reasonable amount of stuff. Realistically, I don't even care if they add a cutscene or just reuse the Overseer for the Ascension. I just want the extra levels

I would probably say tek wyvern saddle, tek forge and tek spyglass. Even the playing field a little bit and give scorched an incentive. I mean tek forge is amazing, an official super spyglass evens the advantage of pc having smart breeder and can export stats and tek wyvern saddle could possibly counter manas and add armor to wyvs which could be useful right now. Also, all three of these things exists in the game in some form. Tek forge S Plus,  Tek wyvern saddle, dev kit and tek spyglass, super spyglass mod. Flamethrower would be useless since the current flamethrower exists and has bps( meaning they would have to add it to extinction like railgun to get bps) which is why I think they didn't add tek shot guns. A tek machine for water is really cool though so that could work just as well but assuming they would do it like rockwell i think forge is honestly better. Though tek machine for water is actually an amazing fix to the irrigation issued caused by wildcard. Would fix the irrigation issues.

9 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Someone explain to me why this is still a topic of conversation? SE doesn't need ascension. The story is finely laid out. Helena and Rockwell DID NOT ascend to leave SE so why in the world would we?

The Systems of the Arks were explained to us to be failing from long before we were spawned on them thanks to Helena's integration on Extinction. SE's ascension programing failed and we and everyone else are free to come and go as we please without the Overseer's permission. Honestly the Overseer is probably inactive and the station is running on auto pilot. 

I dont wan't useless ascension content on an old map. I want something new to work for and discover. SE had its time and now its time for new stuff.

LOL they do all the content one time (boss etc..) but they dont put this in the game finally

17 hours ago, ToxicAntidote said:

That is true but I think a better ascension would be to have the oversser as three weaker island bosses followed by the overseer as the manticore. Then when you beat that,(like tek cave but more so arena) You teleport to the main panel and face off a programmed hyrda possessed by the overseer. Afterwards you get the cutscene. All you need is 20 dinos and it is unique enough to be worthy of a fight. 

Little known fact, the dev kit has a manticore variant of the overseer boss. So it looks like at one point they were maybe working on it.

Instead of ascension since wildcard keeps pushing the not in storyline bs even in this game suggestion post they need to add same ruins listed within notes rockwell and helena visited and more storyline that says how they got off scorched and let people follow in their footsteps.. As all we are saying is scorched storyline feels lacking when compared to island and abberation side... Just put some tlc into scorched and revamp story or add new areas and ruins to visit from the notes and expand saying how they escaped scorched... Even if its some lame giant cave system that led to abberation they found or something..... Also agree quit playing scorched due to generator bs if you weren't lucky enough to get into high wind zone was bad should have tek solar panels unlock after manticore kill that are safe from the decay... 

5 hours ago, Cedric said:

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

You say that but the thing is most of your playerbase want this, this was one of the most upvoted suggestions despite you guys saying no, (until this recent mistake of yours).  The fact is your playerbase believes that the resources should be invested into this. This is probably  the only  content the community will accept. Simply put, a new boss, some new creatures on an existing map won't create many problems.  Aberration and Extinction broke the game to where we are now. Scorched Earth Ascension, unlike other content, i.e a new map/game mode  cannot be as harmful.  Those resources are better in this setting. 

Also you can tell we  want this when we still push for it after it was gone. Don't worry about getting hopes up people just want to push you guys to do it.  

On 4/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, Cedric said:

While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.  Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S.  Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content.

WC said, wait game suggestion most voted, i see, Ascension for SE is asking for long time, and now this vote is on the top10 topic most voted.. so i think its a good idea to invest on this content.
The right question is not, invest in other content, and not ascension, but, invest in this content, AND other things

4 hours ago, Vincenta1367 said:

WC say one day, do this, but not have the time.. now have the time, think this come soon, now with the game suggestion vote, i think to, cuz already 19 want it

This is actually higher than you think. Its the 4th most voted because the votes got screwed up when the suggestions were merged wrongly. Those 19 are additions to at least 30 people if not more.  This goes to show the wildcard devs should reconsider saying that no. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:57 AM, Cedric said:

Whoops, I merged this the wrong way (caused the one with the least votes to be the primary one).  My bad!

Wildcard generally seems to refuse to change or add anything to their dlc's outside of occasional bugfixes. Remember the dodorex halloween thing on the island? And the Dodovern on Scorch. I expected a dodoreaper or Dodo Titan last Halloween, but we got nothing. It's been a while since they've really added anything to the game, and it feels like the developers jumped ship (?) to Atlas. Which itself feels like a weak attempt to turn what could've been a ocean dlc into a separate game. And then make people buy it. Which also kind of explains how all three dlcs have almost nothing water related, and jellies are still OP. Because they were working on Atlas and wanted to make it so people who like water stuff would get bored and buy their water-centric game. At this point, I really doubt they'll add anything substantial to the game unless they can figure out a way to put a price tag on it. Even if it is something they forgot to do and should've been added already

I feel like it should be a priority though. Make the content you already have released be better by listening to what the community is suggesting. Obviously many people want it. Some for the cinematic, some for the sense of completion, and some just for the additional levels. I can guarantee you that one way to make the community happy is to focus on improving current content instead of introducing tons of new broken content. Things like working on reducing meshing, TLC passes for some of the ugliest dinos in the game, and adding in some kind of endgame scene for SE are just a few ways to do that. Plus, back in the day when the community crunches used to have Q&A sessions, Jeremy told us a Scorched Ascension was coming. We were also told a long time ago that there would most likely be some special tek engrams that we would gain from SE, like the tek wyvern saddle. Remember the Hive creature that has been in the dev kit for years? That was supposed to come out sometime, but never has as well. I feel like just saying "we feel the story is complete now" is just an excuse for not having to make an ending scene for scorched. Just my opinion. But seriously, take the suggestions from your community and treat them as actual possibilities if you are going to ask them for suggestions.

18 hours ago, KingofFire105 said:

it is stupid that there is NO ASCENSION ON SCORCHED EARTH. without it its basically incomplete.

Yeah, even though it was PLANNED from the BEGINING. It's honestly so frustrating that wildcard would simply ignore this even though they made sure abberation stayed relavent with Val not have rock drakes and reapers, etc. It's really painful that even after there lawsuit and getting all the money from everything else, they still haven't done a ascension for Scorched Earth! Even though it was meant to happen!

This is a crazy idea but if we give Ragnarok a sense of originality we can replace Scorched Content on Rag. Then we can do alot more with a huge scorched TLC that makes scorched greater than before. We need and ascension badly but this may fix all the problems at onceish. Just the only problem being it would take a longish time but there is no map design required.  I noticed this and when I looked at it I kinda saw it as a way of killing the idea Rag killed scorched, a revival opportunity and a way of getting ascension. 3 birds with one stone. 

Lorewise, they definitely mentioned the Ascension in the notes. And currently, the max level cap is 135, which is a odd number. 150 is a clean even number. And the Tek is just some random crap stolen from island bosses, and it isn't even the full armor set of I remember correctly. They have the Tek wyvern saddle in the files, and I think there's definitely room for a Tek structure that can slowly pull water from the air for drinking and irrigation, which would be useful to tribes that want to build in an area without water sources. A powerful short-range Tek weapon would be cool too, such as a thermal lance that can cut through structures and armor. Scorch could also use a few new creatures with more usefulness, like a small shoulder pet that can detect nearby water

On 5/3/2019 at 7:20 AM, R0b0tic said:

I think wild card should focus on more maps that arent better than the last ones but rather on the same scale 

valley- one huge river that floods into a ocean at the bottom of the map and the rest of the edges are just mountains with a massive valley in the middle simple maybe but more maps adds alot more variety to ark which is the same old maps idk 

Seriously not a good idea. I think everyone is done with maps. New maps every year just feels stupid. New game mode and stuff.  They're just making excuses like, " if you look in the lore, you can tell" or "scorched was complete" or even "the resoucres would be better in new content." Nope all these things are just excuses. Yes you can see xp notes but that happens on all maps, no scorched earth is incomplete as Jeremy said it was coming with new engrams, you just choose not to do it and we are telling you we want the reosurces to go to this and not other content. Just saying the facts. 

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

Whoops, I merged this the wrong way (caused the one with the least votes to be the primary one).  My bad!

3 minutes ago, divisd1 said:

I feel like it should be a priority though. Make the content you already have released be better by listening to what the community is suggesting. Obviously many people want it. Some for the cinematic, some for the sense of completion, and some just for the additional levels. I can guarantee you that one way to make the community happy is to focus on improving current content instead of introducing tons of new broken content. Things like working on reducing meshing, TLC passes for some of the ugliest dinos in the game, and adding in some kind of endgame scene for SE are just a few ways to do that. Plus, back in the day when the community crunches used to have Q&A sessions, Jeremy told us a Scorched Ascension was coming. We were also told a long time ago that there would most likely be some special tek engrams that we would gain from SE, like the tek wyvern saddle. Remember the Hive creature that has been in the dev kit for years? That was supposed to come out sometime, but never has as well. I feel like just saying "we feel the story is complete now" is just an excuse for not having to make an ending scene for scorched. Just my opinion. But seriously, take the suggestions from your community and treat them as actual possibilities if you are going to ask them for suggestions.

5 hours ago, Cedric said:

18 minutes ago, ElectricMoose21 said:

You say that but the thing is most of your playerbase want this, this was one of the most upvoted suggestions despite you guys saying no, (until this recent mistake of yours).  The fact is your playerbase believes that the resources should be invested into this. This is probably  the only  content the community will accept. Simply put, a new boss, some new creatures on an existing map won't create many problems.  Aberration and Extinction broke the game to where we are now. Scorched Earth Ascension, unlike other content, i.e a new map/game mode  cannot be as harmful.  Those resources are better in this setting. 

Also you can tell we  want this when we still push for it after it was gone. Don't worry about getting hopes up people just want to push you guys to do it.  

Clearly according to the community, the resources should not go elesewhere. You can see that this is only behind pvp concerns and pvp/pve balance changes. This tells you that people want it depiste what you said at the homestead dev stream, especially when considering you guys claim the resources are hard but there are many suggestions. The problem is you guys think new content would be better but we differ. Specifically now, new content breaks the game, an ascension boss and cutscene with new tek may rebalance the pvp meta but it won't break the game like extinction snow owl meshing or mesh holes on extinction that broke the center. Honestly we don't need new dlc or even maps right now, the only content we should this ascension.

Archived