Appearance and Name changing

born2biscuit

Suggestion

We need to add a way to change your characters appearance and name.

I think the best way to do this is to add a tek structure to the game called a tek tank or tek chamber ect. So basically it is a big tube your player would enter and be suspended in fluid.

(I've attached images so you get the picture of what im saying)

So the idea is you craft this item and then it requires to be connected to a water source, generator power, element, and specimen implants from at least 5 different survivors.

Ill explain:

1.Water source- needs water to fill the tube of course

2.Generator- has electrical parts of course

3.Element- the idea is the water will mix with the element and produce a blue liquid that fills the tank 

4.Specimen Implants- The idea of this is that you would use "DNA DATA" from these implants to restructure your own DNA and thus have a different appearance and also would finally give the specimen implants a purpose and value.

So how would the mechanic of the item work exactly?

After placing the required element and implants into the inventory of the tank your player would enter it and it would fill with the water/element fluid. After this your player should be required to stay suspended in the tank for a set amount of time. There should be a timer you can see. During this time you cannot leave the tank at all or you will forfeit the operation. Once the timer runs out there should be a "hit E to change appearance" option that replaces the timer. Then once hitting E you should be taken to the character customization menu that we all get when creating a new character. 

While suspended in the tank your player should also get the XP buff and health regen effects that you get from the tek sleeping pod.

It should go without saying but if you are raided while you are in the tank and the tank is destroyed the player dies and loses the chance of the appearance morph.

All values on the amount of time required to be in the tank, how much element and implants required, crafting materials, ect would be left up to the developer to decide for game balancing. Also, I imagine this item would require some water and player body animations and poses for it to look good.

So yeah thats my idea for appearance and name changes in a lore friendly way somewhat. 

bacta-tank-luke-han-leia.jpg

bacta_tank_render.jpg

depabactaalone.png

CQAOZa4WcAAGH38.jpg

34 replies to this server topic

1 time Name Change

Allow a 1 time character name change. I see how this can be abused; however, limiting to a 1 time instance can help with that. Personally I have a level 132 survivor that I created quite a few years ago and have since developed a new "gamertag" that most people know me by. Allowing a name change would be much more convenient than having to grind a new character back up to lvl 132.

This isn't the first time I have seen a request similar to this. 

Some have asked not just for a name change, but for a character re-design. 

Which makes sense. It is one thing to create a character that you think you may play with for a while, it is another to create one that you will be using year after year. And sometimes a change would be slight... even it is a slight change.

I am not sure which method would be best to make either happen... but I can see where it would be nice to be able to do so. 

Character Models

Wildcard is it possible to allow each player an optional character model reset, it could be similar to a mindwipe where it’s a craftable item or just a feature included in the settings. I believe this would help out a lot of players like myself who created their characters unlike how they wanted and don’t want to lose progress on bosses. I’ve done every boss on alpha on official servers and creating a new character isn’t an option anymore. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be a feature implemented or just a one time reset server wide on your character model.

This is honestly an issue for PvP purposes, as currently smaller characters are the preferred models for their hit box sizes, alternatively you could just change the hit box size for all character models, either way this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you if you spent time reading this, I love and support this game and just want to continue enjoying it in a PvP aspect where I feel I’m equal to others. 

The reason you can’t change name and appearance is so that other players who don’t like a player for some reason (eg. built behemoth gates around base so they couldn’t get out) And that player changes their name and appearance..... then they can walk free. (eg. looking for “goodgrief” and the person has now changed their name to “Star” and changed their eye color gender skin tone and body dimensions and they never find out) unless you have a message in the chat log or whatever that soandso has changed their name to bla bla bla and showed their old and new appearance, it also requires you drinking a very exsoensive stew that costs tons and takes 9/10ths of your Heath or something.

This is incredibly important, and should've been implemented in 2016. I was looking for instructions on how to do it, and all I find is ignored suggestions for implementing it?

I made abnormal looking character as a joke and just kept playing with it. I have a life outside of the game, and starting a new character means I'm not touching this game again. Just let us change physical characteristics, it's not gonna be the end of the world. Also with my character's height, the head/shoulders stick out of ceilings that are 1-wall tall.

Thanks.

Character name change and gender/appearance change

We NEED a way to do change names and gender/appearance! It's could be a simple crafted item like the Mindwipe Tonic, or even a 1 time option in the menu. I'd even be happy to pay for it at this point.

This is a very common wish from players that could be done very easily. People change over the years that we play this game.

PLEASE WILDCARD, YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Up vote this so we may finally get a solution to this very simple issue. I play on official servers, so there's no possible way to do this at this point.

Archived