No Cryo Sickness for Babies on PVE

JameyRM

Suggestion

I feel like having cryo sickness penalizes raising babies, and is counter their purpose. They were created, if I am not mistaken, to attempt to fix the issue of server caps and tamed dino induced lag. Having babies affected by cryo sickness discourages people from freezing them and thus reducing server load.

Suggestion for how it should work

- Cryo sickness debuff still occurs even when releasing a baby

- babies are immune to the effects of the debuff

6 replies to this server topic

7 minutes ago, JameyRM said:

Sure, but that proves my point, while they are hatching and raising that many babies, it creates server lag and caps as well. They should kill them instantly if they are not needed, and not bother with cryo. A simple shotgun to the face or a decent sword will kill them fast enough

A Rex can hatch with 2.5k health, I can hatch 80 Rex's at once, not create server lag with 24 other people logged onto an official Xbox server, and pod them all then take my time sorting through the stats before the first one has even started to show blood

Without cryo pods the most simultaneous safe hatch is about 40 Dino's as you need to check each Dino and then walk the keepers off to one side, swords pikes and shotguns can hit the wrong creature. 

A max damage sword with 200 melee on a character can still take 3 hits to kill a baby Rex or giga and another to clean up the body, im sorry but cryo pods are simply faster. Add in the time to repair swords or make 150 shotgun ammo compared to free cryopods from extinction.

I just don't see the benefits in that you are saying, 

With cryo pods it can take an hour to get through 300 giga eggs

Without them it was a 7 hour process sometimes longer

Will also edit in, I don't know any top stat breeders that plays on a capped server, islands have a cap of 20k Dino's right? Center has 12k? Extinction and scorched 20k? Yea no top tier stat breeder is holding servers at cap, you can go and ask around if you like.

What about a compromise then? Still have them under debuff, but don't give them the full torpor effect? That's the main thing I have an issue with. I don't really care if my babies take 80% damage or not, just annoying to have a few in pods ready to go, and then they are all knocked out so can't move them or anything

1 minute ago, JameyRM said:

What about a compromise then? Still have them under debuff, but don't give them the full torpor effect? That's the main thing I have an issue with. I don't really care if my babies take 80% damage or not, just annoying to have a few in pods ready to go, and then they are all knocked out so can't move them or anything

The 40 minute torpor timer on a 0.0% baby

Yea that seems rediculous

14 minutes ago, JameyRM said:

I feel like having cryo sickness penalizes raising babies, and is counter their purpose. They were created, if I am not mistaken, to attempt to fix the issue of server caps and tamed dino induced lag. Having babies affected by cryo sickness discourages people from freezing them and thus reducing server load.

Suggestion for how it should work

- Cryo sickness debuff still occurs even when releasing a baby

- babies are immune to the effects of the debuff

I don't agree with this

I don't see how cryo sickness discourages people from.cryoing babies on PvE, I cryo my babies all the time, it makes it easier to kill things that hatch wrong when they take 80x more damage

It also makes it relatively easy to line them all up when you can cryo them and throw them back out, it makes it easier to see what colours they have all over in one screenshot when they are asleep as a baby too

Archived