Dedicated slot for gas in items like Cooker, Grill, Forge, Chem bench

Aushegun

Suggestion

PS4 console user

I would like to see a special slot added to all items that use gas for power. You put the gas in there, but it stays put, like a dino's saddle when you do a transfer all.

So let's say you load up your Indy Grill with meat. You place in units of gas as well, and start cooking.  Minutes later, you access the grill, and hit transfer all into your character. The cooked meat transfers back to you, but the gas stays with the Grill in it's special slot. The only way to remove the gas, would be to specifically select it, just like when removing a saddle from a dino.

50 replies to this server topic

Good idea. I wonder I am new to this game and I wonder if the Devs actually read anything here. Tryin to see if its worth putting more money into this. Not gonna deny the amount of detail that was given into the game is impressive like a triple a title, but there too many bugs, and the dino AI could be better. Also the way dinos can just put half of their bodies through walls and mountains/rocks is just not very pleasing to the eye to see. Wonder if the devs are really working on this or their are just trying to sell somethin.

Also makes it like metal raft, consuming the gas using percentage when switched on, so switching it on off for many times won't waste gas. Or add new structure GAS TANK that can be connected to whatever structure needing gas using gas pipe.

I usually make a small box near my fabricator/grill/industrial forge/chem bench, filled with gas, so when I need to craft or cook or forge I take one or two if I want to cook longer, so I won't waste too much. I also usually test how much metal is burned using one gas, so I can decide how many gas should I use to avoid wasting it.

This idea doesn't make sense within the mechanics of the game. There is a simple reason there isn't a dedicated slot, and that is to allow the player control over how much fuel they want to put in. With the way it currently is, you can fill up your preferred fuel as much as you want and let it go as much as you need.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, StiTched said:

Actually, not a fan of this.

I really appreciate that Ark has a simple interface.  I like that what you use in which items is not pointed out for you at every step, I like that every time I open an interface I DON'T have neon arrows telling me to put x item in y dedicated slot(s) to create z item with slots of different types everywhere for everything.

Remember this is a survival game; the simplistic interface can really add to that. It also keeps it flexible for recipes where the standard fuel/ingredients mixture doesn't happen. Sometimes I don't want just one item for fuel; I see it being mentioned across all items (which you would kinda have to for consistency) but I'll be super angry at y'all if I have to set up 3 campfires to burn 3 stacks of wood down to charcoal over time because only one slot is for wood now.

I can see where you are coming from, but I really don't think it's an "issue" :)

I agree with some of your points, a fix would be to have a "primary" fuel slot where that fuel is used as a priority, still burns and makes charcoal. but also anything in the inventory will also burn too.

I agree with this I would even suggest that anything that uses gas should be able to be switched to electric. Can even be something that we have to put in the fuel slot. Samething wtih Tek stuff it should be able to work with element in it and if there is a generator nearby it should be able to be switched over and work with it.

I like the general thrust of this idea but I have a few questions regarding the specifics of how OP believes this should work.

What if you want to put several stack of fuel into a crafting station?

Are there multiple slots; if so, how many?

Or do they expand dynamically to accommodate more fuel; If so, to what degree?

What about dynamic fuel source crafting stations like camp fires and refining forges; Would they have one or multiple slots; and would there be fuel type assignment to each slot if multiple or not?

Does this mean I have to manually drag fuel when I do want it out or in?

If I drag it into the load inventory as apposed to the fuel inventory does it pop back to my inventory; Auto sort itself into the fuel inventory; Or go where I actually put it?

What happens to resulting gasoline when oil and hide are cooked together in a refining forge?

Archived