Increase # of kibble made by size of egg and oviraptor egg collection

Amylis

Suggestion

My first suggestion for the next pass of the Kibble Rework is to make it so larger eggs produce more kibble per cook to reduce the number of massive egg laying dinos needed to make enough kibble for most players need. My second suggestion would be to implement an oviraptor egg collection AI.

Currently collecting eggs is a lot like collecting poop, after a short amount of time on the ground the unfertilized eggs disappear. Since most players can only collect eggs while online, right now they need their female egg laying dinos to produce enough eggs during the time they are playing to produce the kibble they want to make. This results in players having 10+ large dinos where their only purpose is to sit idle and produce eggs. This results in people building massive bases to hold them all which hurts PvE server perfomance with their large bases and too many dinos. Since the homestead update, the need to have 10+ of every single dino has been fixed so THANK YOU ARK DEVS!!! :) Then each egg is used to create a single unit of kibble, regardless of the size of the egg. If I were to put an egg the size of my computer into a cooking pot (with other ingredients), I'd expect to get more than one handful of kibble from it. In contrast, if I were to put a dodo egg into it, I'd expect to get at most a handful of kibble from it.

I dont recommend that it be a high amount, maybe just x5 units of kibble from extra large eggs. Implementing an oviraptor AI would allow players to collect eggs while offline, to make egg collection mirror the production of jerky in a preserving bin rather than like collecting poop. Both suggestions would reduce the number of eggs needed and reduce the number of dinos needed which should reduce the sizes of bases, reduce the number of tames, improve server performance, and reduce grinding in a way that doesn't feel like cheating. I've seen this general idea floated with people saying the AI would reduce server performance, but I'd think that the reasons above would more than offset it. If needed, make it so oviraptors eat the eggs they collect, for high nutrition like an achatina, to encourage only dedicated egg farmers to have them.

P.S. It'd be wonderful if dung beetles had a similar AI, but to target poop to reduce the grind a little for fertilizer. But if it were to cause server lag, there'd be no way to offset it.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived