Ability to save official tribe base & dinos to single player

LarryLafer

Suggestion

8 replies to this server topic

I have just read that metal cables have a 8 day timer before auto decay, I ugraded the important parts of my base (cryo fridges, generators ect) to metal to increase the decay timer only to find out after 8 days my power will be gone and cryo fridges will be unpowered.

I have spent time remaking my base in single player using creative mode in the hopes that they enable official to single player one way transfers and I can continue to enjoy the game.

I play on Xbox One and am a solo player on official pve, I would like to see a one way transfer from official servers to single player to keep the dinosaurs I have tamed and bred without the use of cheats to spawn them into a single player world.

With a full time job and family it has become mearly impossible to keep up with feeding all of the dinos or fuel requirements to keep generators running for cryo fridges.

The only way to transfer the dinos you work hard for into single player right now is to use commands to spawn in a dino however they do not have the same stats or mutations different stats and you have to change their colours using another command so this is not a solution.

A one way transfer from official to single player would solve this problem as we would still be able to enjoy the game in single player when we have time without worrying that if we go away for any amount of time for work or holidays then all of our hard work and time invested will be undone by auto decay and dinos starving to death.

I love this game and want to continue playing it however the time that I have to play the game is spent upkeeping the few dinos out of cryo fridges and making gasoline/oil harvesting to keep my base powered.

I have spent months breeding and raising dinos and in a couple of months time I am going away for two weeks. I don't want to come back from my holiday to no dinos and no base, I dont have the time in my life to rebuild my base in metal and so am looking to transfer everything to single player as I feel burnt out and I just want to enjoy the game I have put a lot of time into without worrying about decay timers.

Thank you.

I could see it being added to the in game obelisks as a "request download" feature. Then when you log out of the server it queues that save file to download. The only issue I can see is where the file would go and how to access it easily, maybe adding the option to load a saved map to the host/local that would replace any existing data for that particular map.

I suspect it would have to be a PVE exclusive/configurable on unofficial option, though. Otherwise PVP players could download their maps and scout any base on their server.

28 minutes ago, Cymas said:

I suspect it would have to be a PVE exclusive/configurable on unofficial option, though. Otherwise PVP players could download their maps and scout any base on their server.

I doubt many PvP players would want to play single player, but maybe just to test.

I don't necessarily think the whole map file is needed. If a script could be run on the map save to remove all other tribes structures and dinos. That way you are only getting yours. Your character file, tribe file, and altered map file.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, LarryLafer said:

save a copy of my official tribe base & dinos to my single player game

Yes yes YES!!!!

I have so many tames on official, I am so passionate about them, I wish I could get a copy of all of them for my singleplayer.
Remaking it by hand with spawn codes takes hours, DAYS of spawning, and this leads to a lot of crashes. And the force-tamed creatures just arent the same as my beloved ones.

Players can already copy their tames to ArkPark, so I dont see why we cant have copies for our singleplayer Arks.

Copying buildings might be a bit much, but at minimum, I want my tames copied over.
What a blessing and stress relief that would be, if I could copy my official server tames to my SP.

3 hours ago, Cymas said:

I could see it being added to the in game obelisks as a "request download" feature. Then when you log out of the server it queues that save file to download. The only issue I can see is where the file would go and how to access it easily, maybe adding the option to load a saved map to the host/local that would replace any existing data for that particular map.

Of it logged what tribe you was in when you requested to save the map to singleplayer at an obelisk and only saved Dino and structures locations for the tribe you was in when you saved, then there could be no PvP abuse that I can see, other then someone saving there tribes structures and then selling that save to a different tribe, at which point that is no worse then someone insiding you and then we add in checks, only admins or people with the correct tribe rank can request a save, or it only saves your personally owned tames and structures and /or directly attached structures

Archived