mgnt232

Suggestion

Most creatures should be able to breed. With that said I understand some things like Mantis/griffin/wyvs/golems/reapers ect for rarity and balance reasons. It was not too long ago that water breeding did not exist.

But why can we not breed something like Achatina, Araneo, Lymantria, Pulmonoscorpius, and even Arthropluera / Onyc? 

The dinos are already in the game, this seems like an easy win for WC. Just make them able to pop out a baby and we will play and breed them for MONTHS on Ark.

I'd say 95% fo your player base doesn't care how the breeding happens (baby/ a cocoon/ an internal raise) just make it happen. You can think of something

14 replies to this server topic

Insect breeding phase should happen as it would open up a lot of stuff to breed like mantis,spider,Arthos,scorpion,dung beetle games been out for long time and have wanted to breed and get color mutations on the insects in game for years.. only be right to add it in and give us more of a reason to tame these insects.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, Weberm35 said:

I thought this was where they were heading when the gave us the phase 2 breeding which was water tames but they have not mentioned any further on the breeding phases.  I was hoping for phase 3 to be invertebrates which would include, Dung beetles, Acthinas,  Araneo, Athropluera, pulmonoscorpius,  Lymantria,  Mantis, Karkinos and lamprey.  Phase  4 would be mystical breeding,  griffins, phoniex, Wyverns, rock drakes, and rock golems.

What do you mean Pulminoscorpius? I have been breeding them for a while now. I want Mantis to be breedable now.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, mgnt232 said:

Most creatures should be able to breed. With that said I understand some things like Mantis/griffin/wyvs/golems/reapers ect for rarity and balance reasons. It was not too long ago that water breeding did not exist.

But why can we not breed something like Achatina, Araneo, Lymantria, Pulmonoscorpius, and even Arthropluera / Onyc? 

The dinos are already in the game, this seems like an easy win for WC. Just make them able to pop out a baby and we will play and breed them for MONTHS on Ark.

I'd say 95% fo your player base doesn't care how the breeding happens (baby/ a cocoon/ an internal raise) just make it happen. You can think of something

Yes please.

Achatina: Not even sure how slugs/snails IRL breed and multiply
Araneo: Egg sack laid - against a wall/pillar - w/1-3 eggs/babies inside - that you cannot pick up or move (like frog eggs) because they are "sticking" to the surface
Lymantria: A "sticky" cocoon that you can not pick up/move - w/the 1-3 babies coming out as larva and as they transition from stage to stage they eventually change into the final level (like frogs do)
Pulmonoscorpius: Other than them being classed as insects, I've never understood why they aren't breedable.
Arthropluera: I know people that love them - so follow the stages of the IRL pregnancy/birth of a centipede/
millipede
Onyc: Not sure why these aren't breedable as they are not insects. Other than the 'fun' of creating their life-cycle animations.

Rock Elemental: They are currently non-gendered so that would have to be altered. And the babies would be a pile of rocks that transition into a boulder as an adult.
- Always thought the adults should "poop" a sand pile. lol
Wyverns: Even if they can't breed the tamed/raised females SHOULD be able to lay, on occasion, a non-fertile egg for passive kibble making.
Rock Drakes: Same as wyverns
Mantis: Should be breedable - though I don't want to lose great breeder males if they followed IRL breeding steps (male loses it's head and dies after mating w/female). Not sure of the life-cycle animations - but it at least it currently lays non-fertile eggs
Reapers:  would have to have females to breed with and those are currently only the wild ones that get players pregnant to have the reaper kings

Yeah but also remember they changed how scorpions work compared to real life as real scorpions don't lay eggs so no reason pulmi couldnt drop a fert egg like dino in this game.... Also spider super easy lay a fertile silky egg sac like water eggs cant be picked up once down small spider comes out.... Mantis meh this ones harder as female normally kills male and eats corpse so could have it were this happens and lays a egg with high chance of twins or triplets... But then again ark mantis are super smart so who knows if it even has to follow real life could just be another un pick able egg like spider and male gets to live.... Arks a game not everything has to be complicated and follow arthos real lifecycle now be cool as heck to see molting between baby juvi ado stages but if this is whats preventing it getting in game f it just put it in without the extra stuff using current system.... Also onyc not really a insect but mammal birth no reason why at very least cant let bats breed in game with long gestation peroid before birth... ? s lay eggs in real I ife no reason it cant do the same in game.. The centipedes also do eggs but in soil or rotting wood maybe use large crop plot filled with fungal wood or normal wood to have females drop egg on.... Dung bettle they mate by depositing egg in poo so could have 2 set to mate with large poo nearby that doesnt rot once it has egg inside of it should transform item into a fertile dung bettle egg poo ball that can be moved ect.. Not that hard to enable mating on some of these others will take more work sure but ones like scorp mantis and onyc should be super easy to toggle the two insects to make a fertile egg as they drop normal ones in game and allow bats to get pregnant.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, mgnt232 said:

Breeding Dung Beatles would be awesome too! Also the cocoon idea would be pretty cool, could easily make the Lymantria and Araneo "Eggs" look like cocoons.

I thought this was where they were heading when the gave us the phase 2 breeding which was water tames but they have not mentioned any further on the breeding phases.  I was hoping for phase 3 to be invertebrates which would include, Dung beetles, Acthinas,  Araneo, Athropluera, pulmonoscorpius,  Lymantria,  Mantis, Karkinos and lamprey.  Phase  4 would be mystical breeding,  griffins, phoniex, Wyverns, rock drakes, and rock golems.

i if they were to add breedablity to achachinas when you breed them one of them would lay a egg (it would be a 50/50 chance which one lays the eggs because snails are hermaphrodites but after mating only one of them will lay the eggs) and once they hatch it would just be a baby version of the adult (because snails don't have larvae)

Honestly at this point I think all dino's should have the ability to be bred. Especially given we now have things like Crystal Isle with breedable Wyverns. While I understand there will people who just go NO. There is no reason this can't be something thats changable server side. given we can change what spawns and if its tamable it would also be nice if we could choose if its breedable. Would mean things they don't want breedable on official can remain unbreedable while allowing those on custom servers to have breedable versions without the need for mods.

Would also be nice to see what WC can come up with for things like Reapers and Rock Golems. In the case of Reapers being able to create a "Hive" for a clan Reaper Queen for example would be really cool, equally the steps to create a Rock Golem from a little Sand Golem would be really cool. In the case of thinsg like insects I suppose you coudl have Health Degeneration thats low enough to not kill the male if you heal them while they mate and for SE Wyverns and Rock Drakes have them require something like Heat or Radiation.

Honestly CI and Genesis' Magmasaur have been lovely as I'm finally able to breed some creatures I am extremely keen on.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, Lowly said:

The life cycle of arthropods is very different to that which is already in the game, this is explained a long time a go as the reasons arthropods are not breedable

Sounds like lazy dev excuse to me as all insects in real life breed and multiply just needs to be added as a big portion of game is breeding and mutating creatures and dinos would give us even more to breed and mutate and make a large portion of player base happy.. 

Personally, I would love to breed the insects. And because I cannot, it is the one reason why I don't bother taming them. 

Even if they do not add the access to official gameplay - they should, at the very least, set it as an option - a checkbox of sorts - that unofficial, dedicated, and single player games. 

I know that there are probably mods out there that will do it for PC - so having a checkbox to turn insect breeding on or off for every other unofficial playing style would be fair. 

Archived