Suggestion

Hello All

I was thinking, you know how in some areas of the maps, in order to get some herbivores or other dinos to spawn in you have to kill everything because none of the carnivores are attacking eachother, just you know chilling out and wandering around.

What if wild carnivores to see other wild carnivores as competition over food (e.g. lions and hyena, wolves and bears) and fight each other, so we dont have to keep killing everything to get dinos to spawn in. Such as a group of rexes vs a giga or a thyla vs a carno, etc. (I know yutis and wolves fight anyways)

And maybe add breeding competition, if two males are in the vicinity of one female, they'll fight for well breeding rights.

Just a thought to make ark nature a bit more like real nature.

8 replies to this server topic

6 hours ago, rgaukema said:

Hello All

I was thinking, you know how in some areas of the maps, in order to get some herbivores or other dinos to spawn in you have to kill everything because none of the carnivores are attacking eachother, just you know chilling out and wandering around.

What if wild carnivores to see other wild carnivores as competition over food (e.g. lions and hyena, wolves and bears) and fight each other, so we dont have to keep killing everything to get dinos to spawn in. Such as a group of rexes vs a giga or a thyla vs a carno, etc. (I know yutis and wolves fight anyways)

And maybe add breeding competition, if two males are in the vicinity of one female, they'll fight for well breeding rights.

Just a thought to make ark nature a bit more like real nature.

I agree with this idea. There has been countless times I've flown around the map and have seen carnivores working together instead of attacking each other like they would have millions of years ago when they were still roaming our world.

But let's not just do it for carnivores, some herbivores have mating rituals as well where the males have a battle of dominance for the favor of the female.

On the note don't forget Therizinosuars are naturally territorial, so how come if one walks closer to me while I'm harvesting some Flint it gets aggro, but that Ankylosaurus can peacefully walk into it and it just stands they're like "Oh, hey Bob. Lovely weather today?" Seriously? He gets to walk all over you but I walk in a 10 foot radius of you and you act like I've got a hit out on me? Messed up since of territorial if you ask me.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, rgaukema said:

Good luck taming anything then. 

The agro system is broken in a lot of ways. Creatures tend to target the player and tames more than other wild creatures, some creatures have weird agro pools(Mammoth, Quetz, Mosa, Tuso, etc.), and wild creature fights happen way too often. 

For instance, lore-wise Baryonyx don't attack land creatures. But they act the same way a Carno does. Wild Raptors will attack tamed Carnos, Mammoths, Bears, Thylas, and Quetzals despite all of them being "higher class" creatures so to speak. Rexes, Allos, Yutys, and Spinos will attempt to attack a Titanosaur. Everything in the ocean agros the Mosa and Tuso.

The list goes on and on.

It's my belief that each creature needs a unique agro pool. Rexes agro everything except Gigas, Titanosaurs, and Titans. Gigas agro everything except Titans. Baryonyx only agro fiish and ocean creatures. I could go on all day. 

Also basing fights on a creatures level of food rather than just having a Rex rip everything apart because it can. Having herbivores be aggressive or take defensive stances when certain carnivores are around them(Trikes agroing Rexes and Stegos stancing up when Allos are nearby).

I don't think a creature should fight others of its kind, or not normally. Some loner creatures like Gigas and Therizinos could, but not Trikes or Stegos. As realistic as it would be, it would diminish the population of these creatures to much.

Yes but maybe they don't instantly Just start Attacking Maybe A food Chain For Carnivores but they have to get close to each other. Or they have a hunger system where They could get so hungry they hunt CARNIVORES

Low Bottom: Compy , Dillo  , Kapro , Perlova , MicroRaptor , Manta , troodon , dragon fly , ant's , Cod , duck , otter Featherlight , bulbdog , pelelogones 

Low Mid: Sarcos , piranha , Sabertooth , Scorpion , Spider , Bat , Eel ,  Thorny Dragon , Snake , Ravager , Seeker , Raptor's , Dimetro , Samon , Vulture , Dimothpodon , Bat , snowy owl 

Mid: Carno: , dein's , megalodon , Argy , Bear , terrorbird , Arthro's , Megalanda , angler , Barryvox , Eurypterid , Hyena , Wolfs , Pigs ,  Megatherium(mixed) , mainis , 

Mid high: Dunkle , Velo , Mangarmer , Meglo , Giffien , Theylo , Plesso , Basilo (only one who eats jellyfish)

Low Top: Mosa , Rex , Spino , Megatherium(mixed) Yuty , Crab , Basilisk. 

Apex: Giga , Reaper , Rockdrake , Wyvern , Deathworm , Rock Golem , Nameless.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Udam said:

Yes but maybe they don't instantly Just start Attacking Maybe A food Chain For Carnivores but they have to get close to each other. Or they have a hunger system where They could get so hungry they hunt CARNIVORES

Low Bottom: Compy , Dillo  , Kapro , Perlova , MicroRaptor , Manta , troodon , dragon fly , ant's , Cod , duck , otter Featherlight , bulbdog , pelelogones 

Low Mid: Sarcos , piranha , Sabertooth , Scorpion , Spider , Bat , Eel ,  Thorny Dragon , Snake , Ravager , Seeker , Raptor's , Dimetro , Samon , Vulture , Dimothpodon , Bat , snowy owl 

Mid: Carno: , dein's , megalodon , Argy , Bear , terrorbird , Arthro's , Megalanda , angler , Barryvox , Eurypterid , Hyena , Wolfs , Pigs ,  Megatherium(mixed) , mainis , 

Mid high: Dunkle , Velo , Mangarmer , Meglo , Giffien , Theylo , Plesso , Basilo (only one who eats jellyfish)

Low Top: Mosa , Rex , Spino , Megatherium(mixed) Yuty , Crab , Basilisk. 

Apex: Giga , Reaper , Rockdrake , Wyvern , Deathworm , Rock Golem , Nameless.

I would actually love to see bulbdogs hunting down large prey, cooperatively. goddess knows that is how they would legitimately act because actual dogs can and will hunt in packs if they are starving. It's why in the wilder urban cities in various countries on earth you see wild dogs running around figuring out their meals and enjoying that more primal experience of canine life, that more developed cities don't have, the sort of cities with dog parks and leash laws..xD. Honestly...Bulbdogs should be out hunting ravager packs...because charged light wave attacks should give the bulbdogs advantages. Glow pets should hadoken in the wild with their charge...to defend themselves. after all, Running away is for the Lystrosauros :) Am I right Udam? :)

1 minute ago, Eladrin said:

I would actually love to see bulbdogs hunting down large prey, cooperatively. goddess knows that is how they would legitimately act because actual dogs can and will hunt in packs if they are starving. It's why in the wilder urban cities in various countries on earth you see wild dogs running around figuring out their meals and enjoying that more primal experience of canine life, that more developed cities don't have, the sort of cities with dog parks and leash laws..xD. Honestly...Bulbdogs should be out hunting ravager packs...because charged light wave attacks should give the bulbdogs advantages. Glow pets should hadoken in the wild with their charge...to defend themselves. after all, Running away is for the Lystrosauros :) Am I right Udam? :)

To be fair the bulbdog dose look like he would have meat in his diet! like DODOs or Liystros same for featherlights

glowtails would most likely eat bugs

but the shinhorn would eat berries/grass  

ALSO i want a Glow worm!

4 minutes ago, Udam said:

To be fair the bulbdog dose look like he would have meat in his diet! like DODOs or Liystros same for featherlights

glowtails would most likely eat bugs

but the shinhorn would eat berries/grass  

ALSO i want a Glow worm!

More importantly, why are certain dinos that are deepsea creatures not also immune to jellyfish and eels? anything at a certain depth would need blubber to survive...and the blubber of a basilosaurus is the main reason given they're immune to the jellyfish and eels and baryonyx stun...Shouldn't Mosas and Plesios and Sharks also experience this trait of standard deep sea life? Not to hijack the thread...but I was thinking about it...after reading some of the dinosaur names you mentioned. in conjunction with another suggestion. I saw on here. I'm personally wanting to see the idea I recently suggested come to life though. I do agree with one of the earlier posters here, that only certain dinosaurs that currently don't defend themselves properly should hunt other dinos. Dinosaurs like Bulbdogs and the other glow pets, and Vultures too. like I have never seen a vulture attack any wild creature without being accidentally hit by the creature as it's going for a player. But Go check out my suggestion I made. I think you can find posts I made yes? Most forums have that feature. Not entirely sure this one does.

25 minutes ago, Eladrin said:

More importantly, why are certain dinos that are deepsea creatures not also immune to jellyfish and eels? anything at a certain depth would need blubber to survive...and the blubber of a basilosaurus is the main reason given they're immune to the jellyfish and eels and baryonyx stun...Shouldn't Mosas and Plesios and Sharks also experience this trait of standard deep sea life? Not to hijack the thread...but I was thinking about it...after reading some of the dinosaur names you mentioned. in conjunction with another suggestion. I saw on here. I'm personally wanting to see the idea I recently suggested come to life though. I do agree with one of the earlier posters here, that only certain dinosaurs that currently don't defend themselves properly should hunt other dinos. Dinosaurs like Bulbdogs and the other glow pets, and Vultures too. like I have never seen a vulture attack any wild creature without being accidentally hit by the creature as it's going for a player. But Go check out my suggestion I made. I think you can find posts I made yes? Most forums have that feature. Not entirely sure this one does.

i think it would be nice if Anglers can "scare off" jellys and eels with there light!

and the reason for that!

IDK

i mean if there a Ark Sea turtle COUGH ARCHELON FROM ARK ADDITIONS COUGH COUGH. then that would make more sense for them to actively Hunt jellyfish!

and yes a Nice Food chain would be good for the game

example a Hunger base system 

Also animals would take time to eat instead of it being a "eat whole corpse system" 

if lets say a wolf was not hungry they would not attack a deer!

but animals like Deaodons would attack nearly anything from deer to wolfs due to there hunger!

vultures and argys would look for corpse  

Gigas just don't care 

and the more hungry a animal is the more desperate they would be! so if there weren't many herbivores around they would eat carnivores

and pack animals would do this more! 

i mean in the explorer notes its says that "there are too many carnivores on the island , a normal ecosystem would be unbalanced" or something like that!   

also it would separate the Weak animals from the strong! i mean its survival of the fittest.

also it would balance out areas like the mountains On SE were all you see are Carnos!

and as a side note!

i think some animals from Caves should spawn on the surface!

Megalans: would spawn in the dense Jungles , swamps , deserts and caves of AB

Athros: would Spawn in Jungles and swamps! 

Bats: would spawn at Redwoods , jungles , swamps Caves of AB and the city of extinction (ALSO ALLOW Them to walk on the ground!)

Spiders: would Spawn in the Jungles , Swamps , and Caves of AB

Megalos: would spawn in the Redwoods ,  tundras , mountains and Badlands!

i just realized this turned into a rant lol 

4 hours ago, Udam said:

i think it would be nice if Anglers can "scare off" jellys and eels with there light!

and the reason for that!

IDK

i mean if there a Ark Sea turtle COUGH ARCHELON FROM ARK ADDITIONS COUGH COUGH. then that would make more sense for them to actively Hunt jellyfish!

and yes a Nice Food chain would be good for the game

example a Hunger base system 

Also animals would take time to eat instead of it being a "eat whole corpse system" 

if lets say a wolf was not hungry they would not attack a deer!

but animals like Deaodons would attack nearly anything from deer to wolfs due to there hunger!

vultures and argys would look for corpse  

Gigas just don't care 

and the more hungry a animal is the more desperate they would be! so if there weren't many herbivores around they would eat carnivores

and pack animals would do this more! 

i mean in the explorer notes its says that "there are too many carnivores on the island , a normal ecosystem would be unbalanced" or something like that!   

also it would separate the Weak animals from the strong! i mean its survival of the fittest.

also it would balance out areas like the mountains On SE were all you see are Carnos!

and as a side note!

i think some animals from Caves should spawn on the surface!

Megalans: would spawn in the dense Jungles , swamps , deserts and caves of AB

Athros: would Spawn in Jungles and swamps! 

Bats: would spawn at Redwoods , jungles , swamps Caves of AB and the city of extinction (ALSO ALLOW Them to walk on the ground!)

Spiders: would Spawn in the Jungles , Swamps , and Caves of AB

Megalos: would spawn in the Redwoods ,  tundras , mountains and Badlands!

i just realized this turned into a rant lol 

Perhaps. But Rants are bad. What do you think of this? :)https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/484632-habitat-chambers/  Udam?

Archived