split key bind [PC] Split Use key and Mount/Unmount key into two different bindings

Zahlea

Suggestion

I've lost count of how many times I've lost count of how many times I've accidentally unmounted a flyer in mid air when trying to open a hatch.

My proposition is to split the key binding for the current combined use key and mount/unmount into two different key binds: Use key and Mount/Unmount key. I don't care that much what keys are default for them as long as they're rebindable.

This is not an issue solely for fliers, but fliers is the most fatal issue :P 

Edit: Clarified that this is for PC in the title.

6 replies to this server topic

On 5/11/2019 at 10:14 AM, GreenRoc said:

Yes please! I have wanted separate keybinds for YEARS!

I lost count how many times I would mount when I tried to pick up an egg or poo (sometimes doing this three or more times in a row for the SAME egg/poo)

Lost count of the times I'd dismount when trying to open a door or dino gate, and visa versa

And I probably have died or lost a tame a few times because of the unintended in-game action happening due to the use/mount being the same keybind.

I have asked for seperate keybinds before.... but that post is likley deleted in the void of posts that have been around for a while.

Yeah, it happens so often! Especially with Bronto/Diplo eggs being stuck on top of each other and you take the bottom one which makes the top one fall to the ground. That throws off the picking so that you need to look where the egg used to be, ish, which makes you mount most of the times until you get it right! Massively annoying!

I've seen it requested so many times, I'm surprised it's so few of us voting for it... is there another thread like this or have people changed their mind? ?

12 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I've seen it requested so many times, I'm surprised it's so few of us voting for it... is there another thread like this or have people changed their mind? ?

There are so many suggestions buried because the most voted is on page one.
Default arrangement here is not newest first. But with 7 upvotes, you look to be ahead of most of the suggestions that exist right now.

Yes please! I have wanted separate keybinds for YEARS!

I lost count how many times I would mount when I tried to pick up an egg or poo (sometimes doing this three or more times in a row for the SAME egg/poo)

Lost count of the times I'd dismount when trying to open a door or dino gate, and visa versa

And I probably have died or lost a tame a few times because of the unintended in-game action happening due to the use/mount being the same keybind.

I have asked for seperate keybinds before.... but that post is likley deleted in the void of posts that have been around for a while.

Archived