New Dinosaurs/TLC but refreshed every few months

LoadedCrysis

Suggestion

Hi LoadedCrysis here,

Who remembers the days of early access? When we would get New Dinosaurs on the PC and Console every single month?

Well I have thought of a really awesome idea that would defiantly be one step to growing Ark even more and bringing fresh content constantly to the game.

So I believe there is already a lot of Dinosaurs in Ark survival evolved, which is great, but i think there are a lot of dinos that are not used that much anymore or are just a bit boring, especially if your someone like me who has played the game for over 3 years. It would be fantastic to see some new Dinos, but If its not possible just to keep adding new dinos on top of the old ones (maybe due to memory issues or something) then why not vault some of the less popular ones and bring in fresh new dinosaurs to take there place, similar to how fortnite vaults old guns and bring in new ones. I just feel like the game needs something new every month or so and something that gets us survivors excited because change can always great. On top of this us survivors can always look forward to other bigger projects you guys work on, such as new maps, DLC's or new fun game modes but enjoy the smaller changes in the meantime.

If New Dinos couldn't work, then maybe a TLC until all the Dinosaurs are fully up to date?

Let me know what you guys think, Thanks for the chance to let us share our suggestions,

LoadedCrysis

Edited by LoadedCrysis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

94 replies to this server topic

I definitely agree with the TLC statement. Vaulting some of the older creatures, not so much. Perhaps the only reason some of the creatures feel old is because they need a little TLC and re-balancing to fit the current state of other newer Ark creatures. The creatures that are currently in Ark, no matter how old, are a part of it now so to see them go would be somewhat upsetting in my opinion. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:29 AM, AnimaSolis said:

Certain things like the Phoenix have needed reworking for ages. This would be good.

Why the Phoenix? I think it really just needs a proper landing mechanic... visually, it's fine, and it's got a very unique functionality for a tame (as well as being one of the most loaded tames in the game), so I really don't think it needs a rework

On 24.04.2019 at 17:46, LoadedCrysis said:

Cześć LoadedCrysis tutaj,

Kto pamięta dni wczesnego dostępu? Kiedy co miesiąc otrzymywalibyśmy nowe dinozaury na PC i konsolę?

Pomyślałem o naprawdę niesamowitym pomyśle, który stanowczo stanowiłby krok do jeszcze większego powiększenia Ark i ciągłego dostarczania świeżej zawartości do gry.

Więc wierzę, że już istnieje wiele dinozaurów w Ark survival ewoluuje, co jest świetne, ale myślę, że istnieje wiele dinozaurów, które nie są już tak często używane lub są trochę nudne, szczególnie jeśli ktoś taki jak ja, który ma grał w tę grę od ponad 3 lat. Byłoby fantastycznie zobaczyć kilka nowych dinozaurów, ale jeśli nie jest możliwe dodawanie nowych dinozaurów na starych (być może z powodu problemów z pamięcią lub czegoś innego), dlaczego nie przeskoczyć niektórych mniej popularnych i wprowadzić świeże nowe dinozaury, które mają się tam odbywać, podobnie jak fortnite przeskakują stare pistolety i wprowadzają nowe. Po prostu czuję, że gra potrzebuje czegoś nowego co miesiąc i czegoś, co nas ekscytuje, ponieważ zmiany zawsze mogą być świetne. Co więcej, my, którzy przeżyliśmy, zawsze możemy się spodziewać innych większych projektów, nad którymi pracują, takich jak nowe mapy,

Jeśli Nowe Dinos nie mogłyby działać, to może TLC, dopóki wszystkie Dinozaury nie będą w pełni aktualne?

Daj mi znać, co myślicie, dzięki za podzielenie się naszymi sugestiami,

LoadedCrysis

I remember the early access time. And those dinosaurs. I only play for dinosaurs, although I use a strange creature or machine (hover skiff) but ARK should stick more to dinosaurs than aliens

A TLC/dino per month would be great, but PLEASE NO VAULTING! Fortnite is a different game with a different purpose, and has always been vaulting things, so while losing your favorite gun is unfortunate, you'll just have to try something new. ARK's creatures, on the other hand, are investments of time, kibble, and resources. If ARK starting sending dinos into the void, I'd just quit. You've had that dodo since day one? Poof. Spent two hours taming that thyla? Poof again. Please no.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, Qwuz said:

Hi!I recently received the game. There are insects in the game,and I think such small sizes are discrimination for them :D This is of course a joke, but I really ask you to add large sizes for insects, especially for spiders. I'm sorry, my English is not very good

It doesn't sound like you've gotten into caving yet, but the spiders in there are big enough to ride. 

i think gigantocypris would fit into the deep seas of the game. It’s a large (not perfect) spherical ostracod that was actually pea-sized in size, but could also be basketball-sized in ARK. you can tame it with meat, then you can pick it up like a dodo. Although it is basically an aquatic organism, it also easily lives on land

image.thumb.png.53fc2a27977769a0f5dcb52b9dafcdff.png

I know I'm kind of late to this, but...

I've been wanting the Sabertooth to get a TLC treatment for some time.  Personally, I would have liked for the Sabertooth to have a "roar" command (similar to how the Thylacoleo roars).

Also, I feel that Fear Evolved could use more Skeletal Dinos: i.e. Sabertooth, Mammoth, Equus...
(Thirteen has created a mod titled "Blessing of Unicorns," and his unicorns have a visible skeleton inside of the 3d model; Wildcard could stand to use the assets for the Equus Skeletal from him)

Edited by roninwolf1981
last minute changes

On 12/12/2020 at 5:19 AM, roninwolf1981 said:

I know I'm kind of late to this, but...

I've been wanting the Sabertooth to get a TLC treatment for some time.  Personally, I would have liked for the Sabertooth to have a "roar" command (similar to how the Thylacoleo roars).

Also, I feel that Fear Evolved could use more Skeletal Dinos: i.e. Sabertooth, Mammoth, Equus...
(Thirteen has created a mod titled "Blessing of Unicorns," and his unicorns have a visible skeleton inside of the 3d model; Wildcard could stand to use the assets for the Equus Skeletal from him)

Sabertooth was the first to get a TLC