New Dinosaurs/TLC but refreshed every few months

LoadedCrysis

Suggestion

Hi LoadedCrysis here,

Who remembers the days of early access? When we would get New Dinosaurs on the PC and Console every single month?

Well I have thought of a really awesome idea that would defiantly be one step to growing Ark even more and bringing fresh content constantly to the game.

So I believe there is already a lot of Dinosaurs in Ark survival evolved, which is great, but i think there are a lot of dinos that are not used that much anymore or are just a bit boring, especially if your someone like me who has played the game for over 3 years. It would be fantastic to see some new Dinos, but If its not possible just to keep adding new dinos on top of the old ones (maybe due to memory issues or something) then why not vault some of the less popular ones and bring in fresh new dinosaurs to take there place, similar to how fortnite vaults old guns and bring in new ones. I just feel like the game needs something new every month or so and something that gets us survivors excited because change can always great. On top of this us survivors can always look forward to other bigger projects you guys work on, such as new maps, DLC's or new fun game modes but enjoy the smaller changes in the meantime.

If New Dinos couldn't work, then maybe a TLC until all the Dinosaurs are fully up to date?

Let me know what you guys think, Thanks for the chance to let us share our suggestions,

LoadedCrysis

Edited by LoadedCrysis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

94 replies to this server topic

Vaulting old creatures is a horrible idea. They just need updating, that's very important, but even if they don't have a use in PVP or even much in PVE, that doesn't mean that they don't deserve their place in the game, they will always have fans and cutting them is just ridiculous. TLC phases are good and maybe something like a new dino per "season" or something, 4-6 or so NEW CREATURES a year would be more than exciting enough.

• Like 2

See now I kinda envision this like how Fortnite does its content releases. We get like four TLCed dinos and one or two entirely new creatures every "season" as opposed to every month. That way old stuff keeps being updated, but those who already have those dinos have other things to look forward to, but it isn't too fast for the development and balance side of things. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, Andrewrayven said:

I have been thinking about the point raised a couple responses above mine. I believe ark should implement microtransactions. Skins, decorative items and the like would be a great way to ensure funding for new DLC's and hardware upgrades on the server side. 

And for your info if you want micro transactions play mobile they have an entire store

On 4/25/2019 at 1:46 AM, LoadedCrysis said:

Hi LoadedCrysis here,

Who remembers the days of early access? When we would get New Dinosaurs on the PC and Console every single month?

Well I have thought of a really awesome idea that would defiantly be one step to growing Ark even more and bringing fresh content constantly to the game.

So I believe there is already a lot of Dinosaurs in Ark survival evolved, which is great, but i think there are a lot of dinos that are not used that much anymore or are just a bit boring, especially if your someone like me who has played the game for over 3 years. It would be fantastic to see some new Dinos, but If its not possible just to keep adding new dinos on top of the old ones (maybe due to memory issues or something) then why not vault some of the less popular ones and bring in fresh new dinosaurs to take there place, similar to how fortnite vaults old guns and bring in new ones. I just feel like the game needs something new every month or so and something that gets us survivors excited because change can always great. On top of this us survivors can always look forward to other bigger projects you guys work on, such as new maps, DLC's or new fun game modes but enjoy the smaller changes in the meantime.

If New Dinos couldn't work, then maybe a TLC until all the Dinosaurs are fully up to date?

Let me know what you guys think, Thanks for the chance to let us share our suggestions,

LoadedCrysis

this may sound stupid but are you the real loaded crysis from youtube

3 hours ago, GeoSeb said:

Hey,

New creatures wouldn'T be a good idea. In the moment we have a lot of creatures with no real use while they outclassed by others. I think TLC's are a way better. Just think of the Bronto, Carno, female Megaloceros, Ichtyosaurus, Megalodon, Spider, Bat etc ... on one hand cool creatures, on the other hand not even useful to play with (the Bronto animation needs really an upgrade).

Completely agree. So many dinos need to be useful again. More special abilities or utility usefulness.

One idea would be for some dinos make special saddles or saddle augmentations items (no engrams only BP). But strengths and weaknesses need to be employed. Faster but less health or (more easily hit/and negates armor).

Tank. More health/damage mitigation but less damage.

Etc.

They could even introduce more quest like elements to get items like these.

11 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

I'd be willing to buy a new season pass if it guaranteed me a new creature every month or so, for instance. Well obviously the right balance would have to be found between the number of creatures, the pace of the releases (...and we know WildCard's track record on that), and the work required to make those new creatures, but I think it's an option that should be out there since we're talking about money. It seems more reliable that microtransactions, too.
(now I'm curious : how does it work on mobile when people loot your stuff but some of it comes from microtransactions ?)

Yes, but also not entirely. So many things are still possible, and looking at the creature mods, you can see that some of them are really creative not only in terms of appearances, but abilities too. Adding creatures to the game again would probably mean that some mod devs could get their equivalent of the Homestead update (only... stop trying to nerf mods we love and use as is, please, WildCard). Let those mod sponsorships bear fruits for the whole community, and not just PC players. It'd be these mod devs' time to shine, and some of them are overdue for the opportunity.

Also I'm all for more regular TLC passes, even if that means having fewer creatures in each phase. And it probably should be the case if we're honest.

But I agree with many above that getting rid of some creatures, just because they're supposedly useless or unoriginal now, is a very bad idea. We all have favorites, first of all, and one survivor's boring dino is another's most cherished one (especially on PvE where imho there is more flexibility, especially for herbivores ; we don't need to soak turrets so we're more flexible than the common trike/stego deal). But second of all, Ark is a game that prides itself on how many creatures it makes available ; deleting content instead of improving and/or adding up to would be a suicidal move.

I totaly agree with u more content is better old content can be touched up but not removed otherwise wildcard would remove a part of there heart/body in the games sense and no one would want that... but i do agree there is creature mods that could help with adding more creatures to the game but i myself dont want it to be the only way we can get new creatures in the game expanisons do that to but...... i am with loadedcrysis that i to feel sadish that wildcard doesn't add dinos like they did bk on facebook the early days i use to get soo exicted when they revealed something new to the game and now its just tied in with expanisons.... for the most part or mod stuff... and quiet frankly i dont like primal fear or ark eternal but thats just me i support them to being added for those that like them and use them but i wouldn't want them to be intergrated into the main game but more like primitive plus or something idk how they would be able to add them as there "own thing" but i'd want them to be like that maybe tie them down to a map or something idk so that way people that dont use them wont have to be forced to use them such as myself.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Instead of a new dino. A TLC dino per month would be great.

Skins or Variant for already existing creatures coud bé good. Like that Hammerhead shark from Atlas instead of Megalodon. (Could be the Ragnarok variant for Megalodon, the same way we have Aberrant variants for Aberration) 

i'm enjoying to having REX or GIGA or WYVERN or Griffin . because with them game had balance. then Managarmr came and destroyed game play . two 12 years old child with 2 managarmr easily killed giga's or rexes or high lvl 5 gen Argents or anythings so easy  and  ability to running jumping and being disappeared in seconds is the ridiculous things ever>:( . because they though game is boring and people need new dinos .

no matter how long you spend time to rise 3rd gene Giga's or rex's and how many days you spend to play its just matter of who bought new DLC to having access to new dino's with crazy ability to ruining other players game .

it's happened cus wild card keep adding new things to game :(

ark is ark because of all old nice and lovely dino's . adding more mechanical robots and like alien stranger things gonna changing ark to STAR WARS SURVIVAL EVOLVED.

yes we want to have new biologic dino's like real dino's in history  but please ... NOT MORE ROBOTS ! 

I agree with new dinos if it comes with new DLC's and I think they need to update old dinos but I don't think we should deadline them to do 1 updated dino a month if we want quality TLC's we need to give them as much time as possible instead of hounding them to get stuff done fast. I rather wait for a good quality update than a quick cheap update

I agree with you on some of the dinos becoming obsolete or boring. The kibble rework made a good majority of the creatures completely obsolete a great example is mantis they used to be useful for rock elementals but no longer serve a purpose. 

What i feel the game is missing more than massive additions or changes to the existed creatures is how they work. We saw some changes to Stegos a while back which had a sizable impact on their usability for pvp. I personally feel that is really all this game needs (for now). If the devs could look into some of the more needing assets of the world that already exist and improve them on a passive level that might be enough.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, UnifyNomad said:

I agree with you on some of the dinos becoming obsolete or boring. The kibble rework made a good majority of the creatures completely obsolete a great example is mantis they used to be useful for rock elementals but no longer serve a purpose. 

What i feel the game is missing more than massive additions or changes to the existed creatures is how they work. We saw some changes to Stegos a while back which had a sizable impact on their usability for pvp. I personally feel that is really all this game needs (for now). If the devs could look into some of the more needing assets of the world that already exist and improve them on a passive level that might be enough.

A mantis is probably one of the most useful creatures. You can use them to harvest almost everything. Depending on the equipment, it serves several utility roles.