Dino Breeding - Worth It?

Crazcat

Hi!

So I will start this off with the obvious, I am very new to the game. I had Ark for a long time but only recently got to start playing because I finally have a PC that can handle it.

I play on an unofficial server with friends PVP but for the most part its just casual skirmishes no complete destruction.

I am currently the first one on the server to obtain high level Rexs (86 and 195 post tame with no levels) the next highest on the server is a level 14.

Both Rexs are COMPLETELY AVERAGE in every possible way aside from color - in this regard they are FABULOUS!

I just need to know if it is worth it to attempt to breed these two Rexs or if I should just wait until I find something with more points in better stats.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know - I apologize for anything I might be missing here - again - super new, don't know a lot about breeding. Anything helps!

Thank you! 

Agree with both.

Breed one rex from your pair, get the best possible stats out of them and imprint the rex. Use it to farm for new, better rexes. Keep the parents for eggs and you can always breed their colors back into your line later. The best tames are often ugly for some reason, so it's good to have them as a standby and as a nice bonus you can use them for mutation stacking too.

Archived