Dino size mutations

gmunday

Suggestion

7 replies to this server topic

As an alternative to size mutations, maybe some basic gender dimorphism including size differences. Not every species needs it, but it would certainly add a little more variety even if it was just smaller, unrideable animals.

The other thing I could see being a possibility is having a small, random spawn chance for an "extra large" or "extra small" animal that is 25-50% larger or smaller than the base model. Cap the smaller animals at a lower level and they'd be great as egg layers, taking up less space so they aren't in the way as much. Larger animals can have an increased cap like tek dinos currently do. Maybe even combine it with one of my suggestions and make them spawn with any event colors so they're even more visible and more interesting to hunt for.

It might not be implementable in breeding but if size could be inheritable it would be fantastic for boss fights. Imagine having an army of small boss rexes that are easier to move and position so they aren't continually stuck on each other.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, gmunday said:

I remember a year or so ago that it was mentioned that different sized Dino mutations might be added,

i still think this would be awesome, maybe the mutation could be just a few percent bigger or smaller ( huge dodos would be a nightmare).

it would add some nice variation to our dinos

I remember them confirming it was not possible because of saddle placement, etc. This was in a digest few years ago.

Would be interested in seeing some Pygmy Rex in boss fights maybe 1/2 to 1/3 sizes of normal Rex and on other Dino’s also a giant teddy bear sized shoulder mount  but scalable saddles on Dino’s would fix issue also could scale player when on saddle then revert to normal when off saddle. Would be a nifty mutation to breed.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:02 AM, invincibleqc said:

I remember them confirming it was not possible because of saddle placement, etc. This was in a digest few years ago.

If saddle placement is their excuse, it's a poor one.  The player model can be altered in size and shape, yet clothes/armor still fit properly.  The same process can be used on the saddles.  Especially if it is just a simple scaling of the model.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:02 AM, invincibleqc said:

So have the saddles automatically scaleable.... graphically, it just matches the size of the dino.

the size mutation wouldn't have to be drastic... you would just have scenarios of the runt vs the beefcake... 

Archived