breeding Change Mutation Breeding

dabo1

Suggestion

The way current mutation breeding is done is by having a male which is over mutation cap(over 20mutations) be mated with "clean females"(females under 20mutations). Over this method, you can get infinite mutations. This leads to insane stats and breaks certain balances in the game. Also, it leads to the unnessesarity to tame dinos, since those will never compete with the breed ones.
Due to that, I would suggest, that both male and female got to be under 20 mutations in order to mutate. This change would make it necessary to tame dinos again in order to get better stats, but also leads to quite a lot of more work to get a good line going but makes it easier for newer tribes to start on servers that already have highly breed lines, since that will make the lines more compatible. Also if you manage to loot the line of someone you probably have then the line everyone has without any big differences, which makes it even easier for the newer players.

8 replies to this server topic

2 minutes ago, dabo1 said:

The way current mutation breeding is done is by having a male which is over mutation cap(over 20mutations) be mated with "clean females"(females under 20mutations). Over this method, you can get infinite mutations. This leads to insane stats and breaks certain balances in the game. Also, it leads to the unnessesarity to tame dinos, since those will never compete with the breed ones.
Due to that, I would suggest, that both male and female got to be under 20 mutations in order to mutate. This change would make it necessary to tame dinos again in order to get better stats, but also leads to quite a lot of more work to get a good line going but makes it easier for newer tribes to start on servers that already have highly breed lines, since that will make the lines more compatible. Also if you manage to loot the line of someone you probably have then the line everyone has without any big differences, which makes it even easier for the newer players.

Agreed in essence, being able to get mutations past 20 mutation is broken when you have rexs hatching with 30k health and 900 melee

Maybe on PvP, but don't do this or you will burn a large player base. I live to breed, and a lot of others do too. If you nerf this, it takes away my incentive to even bother with breeding. What fuels me is the fact that I can made a super dino, and the more time I sink into it, the more powerful it can become with no limitation. If you cap or limit it, I just go 'what's the point, it can only get X powerful anyway'. It would also affect trading, due to the fact that everyone gets to the 20/20 point and all dinos are the same, so what does one breeder have over another? The competitive aspect for trading is then gone. I hate being restricted or capped on things, it seriously limits and dampens things. OP dinos is probably the least of your worries anyway, as any old alpha can still wipe you regardless. They did it before mutations, they will continue to do it. The issue you are suggesting a band aid fix for will not go away, you'll still get wiped by a 50 man alpha tribe that will just raise 20million 20/20 tankers and tank your turrets and wipe you.

10 minutes ago, JameyRM said:

Maybe on PvP, but don't do this or you will burn a large player base. I live to breed, and a lot of others do too. If you nerf this, it takes away my incentive to even bother with breeding. What fuels me is the fact that I can made a super dino, and the more time I sink into it, the more powerful it can become with no limitation. If you cap or limit it, I just go 'what's the point, it can only get X powerful anyway'. It would also affect trading, due to the fact that everyone gets to the 20/20 point and all dinos are the same, so what does one breeder have over another? The competitive aspect for trading is then gone. I hate being restricted or capped on things, it seriously limits and dampens things. OP dinos is probably the least of your worries anyway, as any old alpha can still wipe you regardless. They did it before mutations, they will continue to do it. The issue you are suggesting a band aid fix for will not go away, you'll still get wiped by a 50 man alpha tribe that will just raise 20million 20/20 tankers and tank your turrets and wipe you.

Its impossible to nerf this without a wipe. Or new servers.

Archived