Reduce Tamecap for PVE servers

Jessica9

Suggestion

8 replies to this server topic

The problem with this suggestion is that it would cause tribes to split up. So actual tame numbers wouldn't change.

Tribe tame limit shouldn't be a flat rate, it needs to scale with tribe size. Also, tribes should have a leveling system, as the tribe ranks up they get different benefits. Including possibly breeding tame slots.

For official servers, forming tribes needs to be incentivized. But for this to happen the tribe/alliance system would need an overhaul. Make it safer to protect the tribe when inviting people. Most big MMOs have guild systems, learn from their examples.

Add radial options to set dinos to public riding, tribe riding, alliance riding etc. Make it easier to share dinos.

Make a way (a hard/challenging way) to transfer imprinting.

They may not do anything for you in particular, but servers have not been at cap nearly as much as they were before pods. Since you want to bring up breeders and such, you don’t think that you needing 300+ of the same dino is contributing to the same problem you’re talking about? I breed and mutate Dino’s just fine with 50 of the same kind. 300 is a little ridiculous 

1. You must play alone and apparently on a sever where people can not - or do not want to - use cryo pods
2. Tribe cap has been reduced from unlimited to 1k to 500 per tribe over the years.
3. As someone else stated: All tribe limiting further would do is cause the tribes to break up into smaller tribes and the dino cap would be the same issue.

Before cryo-pods, that is how some of the biggest PvE tribes - (that duped or bred then sold for IRL $ as well as ingame trade) dinos did it.
They made other servers their parking lots. Including SE when it was still at 90% decay rates.
The caretakers would come by once a week, feed & render and leave.
And thus the beginning of all the server cap issues.
I know of at least 1 Rag server that regularly has tame cap 'wars' because the larger tribes aren't friends w/each other. So they uncryo stuff to keep the server cap up.
All that does is screw the little guy - but people. Ya know?

3 minutes ago, Jessica9 said:

I would recommend to reduce the tribe tamecap from 500 to 100. Alot of players are capping servers not just with easy tames like Dodos. Especially on Ragnarok there r a lot of bases with 100+ wyverns with no usage.

And maybe give breeders a chance to breed for mutations without the need of houndreds of females.

Most of the breeders use 300+ females to get there mutations on PvE all the Rex top line top stat breeders I know have atleast 300 females to get those mutations, some already utilise alt tribe so reducing it to 100 or the original 120 or the old 200 cap would just mean that they had more alt tribe to store there mutatables in

14 hours ago, Upyoursbud0812 said:

They may not do anything for you in particular, but servers have not been at cap nearly as much as they were before pods. Since you want to bring up breeders and such, you don’t think that you needing 300+ of the same dino is contributing to the same problem you’re talking about? I breed and mutate Dino’s just fine with 50 of the same kind. 300 is a little ridiculous 

Im sure you do just fine mutating with 50 but to be at the for front and to hatch a new melee mutation on a gga every 2 weeks or a Rex health or melee every week, those guys have 300 or more females to keep pushing the highest stats higher and higher. I've personally only ever been on one server at cap and it was a center server during a breeding event before cryopods, we left that server a long time ago and only ever had 50 Dino's max on it

13 minutes ago, PreshusRoze said:

1. You must play alone and apparently on a sever where people can not - or do not want to - use cryo pods
2. Tribe cap has been reduced from unlimited to 1k to 500 per tribe over the years.
3. As someone else stated: All tribe limiting further would do is cause the tribes to break up into smaller tribes and the dino cap would be the same issue.

Before cryo-pods, that is how some of the biggest PvE tribes - (that duped or bred then sold for IRL $ as well as ingame trade) dinos did it.
They made other servers their parking lots. Including SE when it was still at 90% decay rates.
The caretakers would come by once a week, feed & render and leave.
And thus the beginning of all the server cap issues.
I know of at least 1 Rag server that regularly has tame cap 'wars' because the larger tribes aren't friends w/each other. So they uncryo stuff to keep the server cap up.
All that does is screw the little guy - but people. Ya know?

Console Xbox tame caps where 120 then 200 then 500 with the release of official servers

Archived