PVE Trading system

CyberHunter

Suggestion

12 replies to this server topic

I like the suggestion. 

From an xbox players perspective, one who cannot use mods, having something like a "vending machine" or better suited possibly a "market stall"  that could hold items we place in it until the payment we dictate is fulfilled, would be a wonderful way to trade with those who do not play on the same schedules. It would also be nice, from a PVE perspective as it would be a way to host a market/exchange without the risk of someone not making the full payment for an item.  

They have a market stall of sorts in Primitive Plus, and the look isn't bad. So taking something with that design, and incorporating a way to set the price and lock the item, would effectively give us something we could use that may fulfill this suggestion. 

10 minutes ago, CyberHunter said:

Vending machines, markets, auctions, traders, stores

Vending machines have been successfully implemented in many games for a long time.

Could just simply be a trading screen

RuneScape has a basic trading screen as do most RPG games, that allow you to see what each person is proposing as a trade, you can inspect the items and once both parties have clicked accept the game exchanges the items at the same time to prevent the ,who drops first, scenarios

I support a trading screen for 2 players trading with each other. Not sure how I feel about everything else

This is what I have suggested for over two years.  I was told there is a supported mod "Auction house" but its not at all what I was trying to explain.  Apparently there is a community of people who think it would be a bad thing?!  How, I dunno, never validated their reasoning.  (The Auction house mod is (trying to be polite) outdated and UI is from the early 90's and would never fly on official)

The PVE market is doing fine using Discord and other communication. I do not support energy/ark dev resources going toward such vending machines.

HOWEVER an in game trading screen I 1000 percent support. the current trading of drop and pick up is rife with risk. Simple trade screen with examine the item would be great, specifically being able to see the info of a cryo'd dino!

I love the idea as many people are shy about advertising their needs on public chat.  What if an engram was added about level 50 where a survivor could then build a trading kiosk to have in their base.  Once built you can interact with the kiosk to put things up for sale, trade, etc.  Creatures could be uploaded (similar to obelisk)  and their stats and maybe colors are displayed.  When someone uploads payment into their own kiosk... the creature gets downloaded to your location.  Payment is transferred to the sellers kiosk.

Archived