Add an "respawn I am stuck" option

Lowly

Suggestion

This is a tricky one to implement so I can see why it hasn't been implemented. Being trapped or caged or handcuffed and using the option to escape would be abuse

But spawning into a Random location and spawning stuck inside someone's foundation or totally sealed building and not being able to die or kill yourself happens frequently.

There are sections on some maps that it is possible to get trapped in natural terrain. There are also situations you may get stuck between terrain and a base from someone that just gets on to reset timers. Or stuck in between 2 Dino's that have ORP so can't be moved

Im suggesting a feature that takes your XYZ location, the server ID and the names of ever structure, item and piece of terrain around you, and reports that to the Dec team to look into, multiple reports of the same xyz location on different maps will flag places that need a terrain modification to prevent it from happening, or locations of multiple people on the same map spawning in the same foundation will notify of a spawn algorithm that needs changing

It would also kill the player and allow them to respawn somewhere else or teleport them a predetermined distance in a Set direction or just take the back to the respawn screen with there inventory on them (not a fan of this option due to possible abuse of the mechanic on (pvP and pve)

10 replies to this server topic

5 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

That would be nice on PvE... Instead of having to wait for a report/ticket on a location where people have told me they saw 30+ bodies, but I doubt that the game has code that can save that kind of info automatically.

A "kill me I'm stuck" would be something I would LOVE to have. Give it a cooldown, so it cant be spammed.

I'd be willing to take the lost inventory as penalty for using that feature. If was stuck in base, easily recover items from my corpse. If stuck elsewhere, it was probably my fault. I deserve the loss.

If you have played in creative mode and use the what's it called, blast rifle, in inspect mode it shows the xyz cords and the rotation of whatever you point it at, so it is more then capable of reporting those cords on the press of a report button, even if, it does not kill you but just boosts the character over a short amount in the xy or z axis, with a confirmation, yes I'm free, no still stuck, in which case it boosts you more or in a diff axis

On 4/24/2019 at 2:19 AM, Lowly said:

a feature that takes your XYZ location, the server ID and the names of ever structure, item and piece of terrain around you, and reports that to the Dec team to look into

That would be nice on PvE... Instead of having to wait for a report/ticket on a location where people have told me they saw 30+ bodies, but I doubt that the game has code that can save that kind of info automatically.

A "kill me I'm stuck" would be something I would LOVE to have. Give it a cooldown, so it cant be spammed.

I'd be willing to take the lost inventory as penalty for using that feature. If was stuck in base, easily recover items from my corpse. If stuck elsewhere, it was probably my fault. I deserve the loss.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:29 AM, Thyme said:

A simple way to fix this would be to buff the damage human feces does when consumed, making it an effective suicide pill like organic polymer is.

But if you somehow get more then 500 health you will not die from it since it only does 500 damage to players so if you have 1k health you have to consume 2 of them.

5 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

The problem is how its going to be implemented. Because the feature might eventually end up becoming abused since its hard for system to tell if you are genuinely stuck, or if you are just trapped.

I totally agree. But if you have decent fortitude and are stuck in a place that wild Dino's do not traverse, it takes 13 hours for 100 value of water to drain to the point you become dehydrated and start to lose health, and of it rains then reset that timer, food is longer possibly twice as long and if you are stuck floating you cannot regain stam to jump to drain food faster and must be logged on till you die. Again if you are stuck floating you cannot consume poop to die faster as the ability to eat is disabled while floating

Archived