Make Aberration charge stations have "leave this ark" option

Lowly

Suggestion

We see that extinction has its city terminals that function like a teleporter, this seems to be a design choice based on the accident that it is so difficult to leave an aberration map that you map be on without building up to get climbing picks and finding a drop to escape from.

So can we see charge stations have the "travel to another ark" option, even if they don't add the creature tab and the ark data tab, just the travel to another ark option to get stranded players off of aberration easier

42 replies to this server topic

I had a character trapped on a server for a few months because I didn't know the drop locations and raptors, crabs, spinos, etc.. are vicious when trying to figure out where to go at first. Once you figure out the map though its not that hard to get out, other than having to wait for drops to spawn in. 

Having the ability to transfer out at charge stations would be nice though. I don't see how it would hurt anything apart from welcome more people to the map because they'll have easier access to get out.

Why should Dedicated Servers be allowed to use loot crates to upload and download, while everyone else have no other way to do so except going to the surface or deep into the radiation zone to upload and download? I think that is unfair treatment in itself. Every other map have it so you can easily go and upload or download within, say, 10 minutes without much danger, but on Aberration you need to think about first getting to the surface, and then the giant threat that is the reapers.

I kinda like the challenge aspect of the aberration map as one commenter mentioned. Then again a midway solution might be to chainge few charge nodes into "Terminal charger nodes" that would allso have building blocked around them. Perhaps 2-3 such nodes in green and blue zones. They would would allso be unbuildable on PVE servers. 

making charge stations function the same as terminals would be a huge improvement.

In a way terminals charge batteries like charge stations do. All it would take it make them into a transmitter also.

I and many others have gotten trapped on random Aberr servers too many times to the point it takes hours to find and reach a drop to leave.

Most people lock their transmitters so it is almost impossible to get out of the server.

8 hours ago, Brumbass said:

There is plenty of ground drops u just have to know there spawn locations. Its only people that dont know the map that has problems 

I know the map but with huge bases made of behemoth gates blocking the path, it can still take me an hour to get to a reachable ground drop. Compare that hour to 5 minutes on extinction, 10 minutes on island, scorched and center and 5 on ragnarok

As someone who regularly server hops, I agree that there needs to be another option. On Prim+ there are no transmitters, so you never get any option other than drops or the surface, which can be a real pain. I've had some real tense moments thinking my smokehouses are going to decay (they only have a 4 day timer).

abboration mostly lays empty becouse people wont go there as there is no way to leave drops are very unreliable and dont always spawn there needs to be some other way to transfer out im a seasoned player been playing for 2+years abb is just an awful map to use becouse there is nothing to allow transfer even with a tame it can take several hours / days to get out ...trading is nonexistant at ab due to this one issue servers for it lay empty the numbers speak!! something needs done with it 

Archived