Make Aberration charge stations have "leave this ark" option

Lowly

Suggestion

We see that extinction has its city terminals that function like a teleporter, this seems to be a design choice based on the accident that it is so difficult to leave an aberration map that you map be on without building up to get climbing picks and finding a drop to escape from.

So can we see charge stations have the "travel to another ark" option, even if they don't add the creature tab and the ark data tab, just the travel to another ark option to get stranded players off of aberration easier

42 replies to this server topic

Agree having to use drops stupid charge station makes more sense as people can troll pulling all drop items to despawn while moving dinos and items from ab... Need a damn permanent fixture to be able to xfer out and sufrace obliesk are giant pain in the butt to get to... Only make sense charge stations should fill the pre transmitter void of xfering off the damn map.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, Brumbass said:

There is plenty of ground drops u just have to know there spawn locations. Its only people that dont know the map that has problems 

I somewhat agree thats true. But even so when you know them its still a pain to get to them if they arent up... If the wrong one is up you might not reach it. Or it can be blocked. Beeing unprepared is a more viable reason to get stuck on there. Im pretty sure even you are gonne waste at least 30 minutes if you eg transfer to the wrong Ab server naked with all bases in the wrong places for you.

For those who yet have to try out Aberration and have Transmitter/TelePorter unlocked. Ive got an open TP to traps (Prometheus Terminal) + open base + Transmitter on AB 221 right at Portal :)

I could agree with this being in single player mode but still it takes away the thrill and danger. 

I remember having good times on Abberation with my friend. The stunts we had to pull to get off the Abberation were quite the  experience. Don’t take that away. 

Maybe add an extra warning for joining Abberation so people are 100% informed about the dangers ahead.

I personally believe most of the challenge in transferring out is finding the drops. The beacons for the drops aren't as high as other maps, they don't even reach higher than a spino sail. So most people can't find the drops or aren't alerted to them. Also there seems to be a mechanic in game that the more drops you loot the more rapidly they spawn and vise versa. So because of being hard to find they are rarely looted and thus spawn less frequently. I've tested this theory on rag, Val and ab. I've sat in air and watched drop spawn rate slow if I don't gather, or if I do gather they continuously spawn, ab it's a bit harder since you have to run between drop areas to see a large number.

So realistically the beacon length should be increased and spawn rate increased, not that it matters for actual drops since 9/10 times you get glowaticka no matter the drop color.

Archived