qol Add show range for troughs (Tek and normal)

Lowly

Suggestion

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73 replies to this server topic

they just need to rework the trough icon above dino's head. first, realign the other symbols from stacking in the same location. the mateboost heart-sign for example makes it hard to read the other, and vise versa. once you clear that, you can start tweaking the actual icons. for troughs though, i'd like a gray version for no-food cases and obviously a colored version for when there's appetizers. not hard to implement and doesn't require you to add electronics to a low-tier item.

I LOVE this idea!
I also like the idea of an electrically powered trough that is mid-range of the standard (60 slots) and tek troughs (100 slots & much slower decay rate when powered).
So create a refrigerated metal one that holds 80 slots, powered by a regular generator or wind turbine, and it's decay rate is slightly slower than the standard troughs but slightly faster than tek troughs.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, PreshusRoze said:

I LOVE this idea!
I also like the idea of an electrically powered trough that is mid-range of the standard (60 slots) and tek troughs (100 slots & much slower decay rate when powered).
So create a refrigerated metal one that holds 80 slots, powered by a regular generator or wind turbine, and it's decay rate is slightly slower than the standard troughs but slightly faster than tek troughs.

This is a good idea although a Tek trough has the same spoil timer as a regular fridge (100x)  at the moment so a refrigerated trough would need to have less then a fridge but more then a hyaeana and meatpack with salt (16x) to make it a viable option. I feel anything less then 60x would rarely be utilised other then by tribes progressing towards endgame, but then that type of player would probably take 32x spoil time over regular troughs

Range would be a great addition to the trophs as it's a bit tedious to know currently and it can be risky to trust the current system where any troph in range of a tame puts a trough symbol above it. 

At the very least would be nice if the symbol only appeared to tames that can actually eat food from the troughs so you can know which ones are getting food or not.

Archived