qol Add show range for troughs (Tek and normal)

Lowly

Suggestion

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73 replies to this server topic

I 100th this suggestion - along with the failed idea that an advanced tek item, such as a tek trough should have a smaller radius than a entry level trough.  These are supposedly "high tech" items in the game.  They should perform as such.  While you're at it, fix the starvation bug with multiple dinos that are well within range of troughs and are carrying full inventories of food.  The TLDR version of this is FIX the game before you add more broken stuff.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Morgul8lade said:

This would be helpful for early breeders to know what trough the juvies are eating from and make sure they have food

As it stands, our tribe just assumes they're eating from the closest trough. Still would be nice to know the other dinosaurs can't reach it, and are instead eating from the troughs closest to them.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, ZombieDinos said:

Like the idea.. just an FYI.. if you place a dino leash on medium range it's only one foundation smaller than the tek troughs range. Place a DL directly center of your TTs and you have a big red circle showing you, and locking dinos well within, feeding range.

This I will do. As soon as I get tek stuff.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, Tarobeast said:

I definitely advocate for this change. I'm always worried that my dinos are starving because it's not obvious if their 'eating' from an empty trough. Had to hand feed on a number occasions to prevent certain death.

I would rather like to see trough interconnected. If on range, when there is food in one, there is food in all. Just lost a very nice Yuti because he was on a empty trough.

I LOVE this idea!
I also like the idea of an electrically powered trough that is mid-range of the standard (60 slots) and tek troughs (100 slots & much slower decay rate when powered).
So create a refrigerated metal one that holds 80 slots, powered by a regular generator or wind turbine, and it's decay rate is slightly slower than the standard troughs but slightly faster than tek troughs.

Archived