qol Add show range for troughs (Tek and normal)

Lowly

Suggestion

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73 replies to this server topic

On 8/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, Sl8erj said:

what about being able to include or exclude dinos from troughs like with the tek turret ,

this way you can set up say a feeder full of fish meat and have is set to just feed otters., and sweet vegie cakes for snails.

we currently have to move the otters well away from another dinos , more buildings more lag .

I think this would be an amazing add for a tek trough

they just need to rework the trough icon above dino's head. first, realign the other symbols from stacking in the same location. the mateboost heart-sign for example makes it hard to read the other, and vise versa. once you clear that, you can start tweaking the actual icons. for troughs though, i'd like a gray version for no-food cases and obviously a colored version for when there's appetizers. not hard to implement and doesn't require you to add electronics to a low-tier item.

I definitely advocate for this change. I'm always worried that my dinos are starving because it's not obvious if their 'eating' from an empty trough. Had to hand feed on a number occasions to prevent certain death.
One way to check is to fill the trough they seem to be feeding from and derender the place then come back. All dinos will be done feeding from the trough then and can see whether that dino food got rised or remain the same.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:58 AM, PreshusRoze said:

I LOVE this idea!
I also like the idea of an electrically powered trough that is mid-range of the standard (60 slots) and tek troughs (100 slots & much slower decay rate when powered).
So create a refrigerated metal one that holds 80 slots, powered by a regular generator or wind turbine, and it's decay rate is slightly slower than the standard troughs but slightly faster than tek troughs.

I love this idea.  Refrigerated Metal Trough that shows a range. Yes Pleas.

Better troughs would be nice. Specially for those of us that do not have tek.

I would like mine to be interconnected. I cannot choose wich trough dinos will eat of first. So dinos in center of the base wiped the more radial ones. Dinos not in center of base starved to death even thou I still had plenty of food.

The trough icon on dinos head should go away once there is no food he can it. Even if a still have berries ou spoiled meat, if the dino will starv, the icon becomes useless.

Range would be a great addition to the trophs as it's a bit tedious to know currently and it can be risky to trust the current system where any troph in range of a tame puts a trough symbol above it. 

At the very least would be nice if the symbol only appeared to tames that can actually eat food from the troughs so you can know which ones are getting food or not.

Archived