Transmitters to summon bosses

smlarf

Suggestion

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66 replies to this server topic

Just now, Vaculity said:

It was removed for a reason, because people can literally abuse the transmitter feature and force teleport several dino just to kill them.

This used to be an option? Im confused how it was abused, if your transmitter is locked then only your tribe can initiate the fight so only your Dino's should be around the transmitter to go into the fight

And if it's the teleporter that you are talking about, again if the teleporter is locked then only your Dino's should be on your teleporter pad. I must be missing something obvious here

2 minutes ago, Lowly said:

This used to be an option? Im confused how it was abused, if your transmitter is locked then only your tribe can initiate the fight so only your Dino's should be around the transmitter to go into the fight

And if it's the teleporter that you are talking about, again if the teleporter is locked then only your Dino's should be on your teleporter pad. I must be missing something obvious here

Yes, it was there in the past and lock or no lock, can still transport any dino that are permitted into the arena, but perhaps those older players than me can explain further.

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

Yes, it was there in the past and lock or no lock, can still transport any dino that are permitted into the arena, but perhaps those older players than me can explain further.

So if it was brought back, 

And wait are we talking teleporter or transmitter as there are different options for both, 

Right now you can send My Dino's around a supply drop or obelsik to a boss fight

But if they had it so only the tribe that owned the structure transmitter or teleporter could access the structure to initiate the fight I fail to see where the issue lies on PvE.

On PvP if you are picking up Dino's to teleport them to a boss fight then you can do that from a supply drop or obelisk. Or just drop them in an ocean or kill them so again I fail to see an issue. But if you care to try and explain more to me I'd love to hear what your concerns are with this system

when it was enabled they would go up to a persons dinos that where online but didn't noticed it and put it on a pacer and then teleport there dinos into the boss raid and make the person lose there dinos or they would raid with them on it and do the same thing mult times to kill the dinos by teleporting them into the arenas

Just now, crazyhobo said:

when it was enabled they would go up to a persons dinos that where online but didn't noticed it and put it on a pacer and then teleport there dinos into the boss raid and make the person lose there dinos or they would raid with them on it and do the same thing mult times to kill the dinos by teleporting them into the arenas

now it may be disabled on pvp to put it on that dino but there was another way to do it if they didn't piller a area right or if they lured the dinos outside the base and put them into the teleporter area for the arena and did the same thing 

6 minutes ago, crazyhobo said:

now it may be disabled on pvp to put it on that dino but there was another way to do it if they didn't piller a area right or if they lured the dinos outside the base and put them into the teleporter area for the arena and did the same thing 

Seems like it would take a long time to do that, as right now there is 8 or is it 10 minutes between each boss fight, cooldown timer between each fight,

So it seems like that would take a long time, and I see it as a problem, but you could just as easily pick up those Dino's and drop them anywhere on the map? Or just kill them

On 4/24/2019 at 3:57 AM, Lowly said:

Teleporter option

Place the tributes into the teleporter inventory and it allows you to run the boss fight from there

Or have a transmitter within a certain proximity of a teleporter  and be able to run the fight from the teleporter but crafted in the transmitter

I agree that you should be able to run a boss fight from a transmitter! You should also be able to craft a replicator in one as well!

I think this is another point where pvp and pve gameplay are different from one another. There were issues when they allowed access from transmitters before with many pvp servers. 

However, I also think it is another point where it would be nice to have the ability to choose if the server has the functionality through the server settings. 

Just because it didnt work with one specific group, doesn't mean it wouldn't work with another.

I know the group on the server I admin on would love the convenience of this idea. 

Enable Boss Fights using Transmitter [PVE]

@Cedric

For too long now, PVE server obelisk platforms have been parking lots for multiple tribes and random players. 

There is a simple solution to fix this problem and that is to enable Transmitters to summon Boss arenas. This will drastically remove the need for tribes to leave all their boss dinos on the platform 24/7. Sure some random players will transfer off and leave their dino behind on the platform but it wont have nearly the same amount of impact to bossing as it does now if Transmitters can do the same job as the obi.

Some will argue to just use Drops to do bosses. Yes this is an alternate method to avoid obelisks but not reliable and time sensitive. Depending on the map and area you could be waiting forever for a drop to come down and once it does come down it will only stay around for 1 boss fight then it will decay by the time you port back out of the arena. Thus waiting again for another drop. Not to mention, some players have build their bases around certain drops blocking access because they need something dedicated for their own tribe to use.

To put my point across of why Transmitters for bossing are necessary and will help solve the problem; Below are some obelisks on multiple servers I have been to during my ARK trading career. You can see tons of bossing dinos and random tames littered around the platform and surrounding perimeter. Good luck doing bosses at these obelisks:

Enabling the transmitters to do bosses will make the monopoly of holding the obelisks hostage with tame spam obsolete. 

ykHEDSF.jpg

ySKMEYs.jpg

KdYSS6j.jpg

OVMQmjH.jpg

I have read there were arguments against this at some point for PVP, however for the sake of PVE, I think it is an excellent idea. I too have seen the massive dino count being stored directly near or on the obelisks as your images show. In some cases it has made the area very laggy and hard to maneuver around.

If not enabled when PVE gameplay is selected, then it would be a nice option or code line to have that could be turned off or on by the host. 

Archived