Transmitters to summon bosses

smlarf

Suggestion

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66 replies to this server topic

when it was enabled they would go up to a persons dinos that where online but didn't noticed it and put it on a pacer and then teleport there dinos into the boss raid and make the person lose there dinos or they would raid with them on it and do the same thing mult times to kill the dinos by teleporting them into the arenas

Just now, Vaculity said:

It was removed for a reason, because people can literally abuse the transmitter feature and force teleport several dino just to kill them.

This used to be an option? Im confused how it was abused, if your transmitter is locked then only your tribe can initiate the fight so only your Dino's should be around the transmitter to go into the fight

And if it's the teleporter that you are talking about, again if the teleporter is locked then only your Dino's should be on your teleporter pad. I must be missing something obvious here

Just now, crazyhobo said:

when it was enabled they would go up to a persons dinos that where online but didn't noticed it and put it on a pacer and then teleport there dinos into the boss raid and make the person lose there dinos or they would raid with them on it and do the same thing mult times to kill the dinos by teleporting them into the arenas

now it may be disabled on pvp to put it on that dino but there was another way to do it if they didn't piller a area right or if they lured the dinos outside the base and put them into the teleporter area for the arena and did the same thing 

I have one drop near to my base that I've used for the boss arena on the centre map.. However the drop descends onto a land bridge and it's very difficult to keep my rexs from dropping off the edge, happens all the time when coming back from the fight.... So any other drops are mostly in the other tribes  bases surrounded by gates... So allowing the transmitter to access the boss fight would be great for me, less hassle and a lot less time spent retrieving stray rexs that fall from the land bridge...? The obelisks  are an option but being in the red woods is too far to travel to then  find the obelisks crowded out... Great idea, hope it gets approval.

7 hours ago, Lowly said:

Besides my personal opinion that a teleporter makes more sense as it has the same terminal as found at an obelisk and also that the teleporter pad lays out the ring that creatures will be teleported in similar to how on an obelisk you have the outer metal ring of the obelisk foot pad as a marker for the range of the ring, you also have the transmitter taking up a sizeable chunk in the middle of the teleport circle

Then how does the game calculate what goes into the boss fight, at an obelisk only things that are touching the floor go in, but at a transmitter does everything go in or things on the floor or on a ceiling or foundation? Everything males more sense there

How does a drop calculate what goes into a boss fight?  They would just be applying the drop logic to the transmitter.  It is up to the player to know how close they need to be/how far they need to keep dinos away from it.  Teleporter is also smaller than the space that the obi/drops pull things in.  Additionally the teleporter doesn't not have an inventory system so you are talking about adding programming to an asset when the majority of the programming already exists in the transmitter.  the only thing missing from the transmitter that is different from a drop or obi is the boss fight option.

2 minutes ago, Lowly said:

This used to be an option? Im confused how it was abused, if your transmitter is locked then only your tribe can initiate the fight so only your Dino's should be around the transmitter to go into the fight

And if it's the teleporter that you are talking about, again if the teleporter is locked then only your Dino's should be on your teleporter pad. I must be missing something obvious here

Yes, it was there in the past and lock or no lock, can still transport any dino that are permitted into the arena, but perhaps those older players than me can explain further.

Guest GlassCannon2020

Agree we need some way to teleport to boss arena, what about a new structure like a summoning platform or like what others suggest, just turn the option back on the transmitter like it used to be. 

Might be a bit of an inconvenience if we were to wipe those dinos ourselves by going gamma naked so their dinos go with u and then re logging, not sure if it would even work tbh.

I have asked players before to remove dinos so we can do the boss and they were even online, we just get ignorance from them.  WC for the love, please do something

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

Yes, it was there in the past and lock or no lock, can still transport any dino that are permitted into the arena, but perhaps those older players than me can explain further.

So if it was brought back, 

And wait are we talking teleporter or transmitter as there are different options for both, 

Right now you can send My Dino's around a supply drop or obelsik to a boss fight

But if they had it so only the tribe that owned the structure transmitter or teleporter could access the structure to initiate the fight I fail to see where the issue lies on PvE.

On PvP if you are picking up Dino's to teleport them to a boss fight then you can do that from a supply drop or obelisk. Or just drop them in an ocean or kill them so again I fail to see an issue. But if you care to try and explain more to me I'd love to hear what your concerns are with this system

6 minutes ago, crazyhobo said:

now it may be disabled on pvp to put it on that dino but there was another way to do it if they didn't piller a area right or if they lured the dinos outside the base and put them into the teleporter area for the arena and did the same thing 

Seems like it would take a long time to do that, as right now there is 8 or is it 10 minutes between each boss fight, cooldown timer between each fight,

So it seems like that would take a long time, and I see it as a problem, but you could just as easily pick up those Dino's and drop them anywhere on the map? Or just kill them

Archived