Transmitters to summon bosses

smlarf

Suggestion

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66 replies to this server topic

I think this is another point where pvp and pve gameplay are different from one another. There were issues when they allowed access from transmitters before with many pvp servers. 

However, I also think it is another point where it would be nice to have the ability to choose if the server has the functionality through the server settings. 

Just because it didnt work with one specific group, doesn't mean it wouldn't work with another.

I know the group on the server I admin on would love the convenience of this idea. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

On our PvE legacy server Obs are being blocked for months bij lvl 5 gigas by tribe with only 2 blocks as a name. No bossfights for us, how much we want to, no responses from Team Wildcard.

Please make this able by using the teleporter.

There is no support available for Legacy servers. That's why there has been no response.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:57 AM, Lowly said:

Teleporter option

Place the tributes into the teleporter inventory and it allows you to run the boss fight from there

Or have a transmitter within a certain proximity of a teleporter  and be able to run the fight from the teleporter but crafted in the transmitter

I agree that you should be able to run a boss fight from a transmitter! You should also be able to craft a replicator in one as well!

Besides my personal opinion that a teleporter makes more sense as it has the same terminal as found at an obelisk and also that the teleporter pad lays out the ring that creatures will be teleported in similar to how on an obelisk you have the outer metal ring of the obelisk foot pad as a marker for the range of the ring, you also have the transmitter taking up a sizeable chunk in the middle of the teleport circle

Then how does the game calculate what goes into the boss fight, at an obelisk only things that are touching the floor go in, but at a transmitter does everything go in or things on the floor or on a ceiling or foundation? Everything males more sense there

There is zero reason not to do this on pvp as well. You could just pick up an allo and drop it in the base and let the allo kill everything. You could pick it up and drop it in the ocean. There’s a thousand ways to kill a dino without it looking like you did it. Heck you can knock it unconscious and feed it a special cake(one guy I knew that did it made it lose 1k heath a cake. He’d just knock out someone’s tame and then Pump it until it’s dead. Going around and gathering all of the artifacts and items to start a boss fight takes way more time than any of these. 

2 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

I have read there were arguments against this at some point for PVP, however for the sake of PVE, I think it is an excellent idea. I too have seen the massive dino count being stored directly near or on the obelisks as your images show. In some cases it has made the area very laggy and hard to maneuver around.

If not enabled when PVE gameplay is selected, then it would be a nice option or code line to have that could be turned off or on by the host. 

When they first had transmitters you could boss fight from them, but the problem was that there was no "tribe lock" like with a gate or a vault or anything else that you have to open.. you know kinda like dedicated storage right now... -.-

Anyway... so in PvP people were coming to other people's bases who had a transmitter and dinos around it and starting a boss fight to suck away that tribe's dinos (thus killing them)

So instead of putting locking mechanisms on the transmitter (kinda like the doors in Jurassic Park) they disabled boss fighting from the transmitter.  

They later added a lock and pin code to the transmitter but never turn boss fights back on.

You would figure they could make it a toggle like Flyer pick up and the other things they have in the server settings, then they can EASILY turn it on for PvE and leave it off in PvP if it causes some type of angst there.

UpVoted

6 minutes ago, arkark said:

This will be a buff for end game players (those with transmitter unlocked) however for the rest this is not gonna solve anything.

It would be more incentive to get to tek and more convention to farm element.

6 minutes ago, arkark said:

Slightly change in CoC regarding placing tames in and near obelisk would do.

Not really. Rules take forever to be enforced with tickets. And what would the punishment be. Ban? Dev wipe? Death of those dinos?

Enable Boss Fights using Transmitter [PVE]

@Cedric

For too long now, PVE server obelisk platforms have been parking lots for multiple tribes and random players. 

There is a simple solution to fix this problem and that is to enable Transmitters to summon Boss arenas. This will drastically remove the need for tribes to leave all their boss dinos on the platform 24/7. Sure some random players will transfer off and leave their dino behind on the platform but it wont have nearly the same amount of impact to bossing as it does now if Transmitters can do the same job as the obi.

Some will argue to just use Drops to do bosses. Yes this is an alternate method to avoid obelisks but not reliable and time sensitive. Depending on the map and area you could be waiting forever for a drop to come down and once it does come down it will only stay around for 1 boss fight then it will decay by the time you port back out of the arena. Thus waiting again for another drop. Not to mention, some players have build their bases around certain drops blocking access because they need something dedicated for their own tribe to use.

To put my point across of why Transmitters for bossing are necessary and will help solve the problem; Below are some obelisks on multiple servers I have been to during my ARK trading career. You can see tons of bossing dinos and random tames littered around the platform and surrounding perimeter. Good luck doing bosses at these obelisks:

Enabling the transmitters to do bosses will make the monopoly of holding the obelisks hostage with tame spam obsolete. 

ykHEDSF.jpg

ySKMEYs.jpg

KdYSS6j.jpg

OVMQmjH.jpg

Archived