Official Orp needs server settings changed

Owataday

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91 replies to this server topic

8 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Are shadow tribes actually against the rules?

Yes.

Report these people with video evidence. They get banned FAST. The trouble is getting video evidence that actually shows the cheating happening. If you get something that just shows an ORP gate, the GMs still may investigate the situation - they can pass right through that gate and check it to see if there is an offending tribe behind.

Wildcard is aware of this stuff and has been working on solutions for ORP servers. They just added some new features to ORP servers last patch!

Guys I am not going to do the work for Wildcard. 2 mins on any official orp server would show the problem also I was told that the devs have been informed of such problems and well months later no response or community feed back. I just want to get people talking about it so that maybe just maybe we can breed a bit of life back to these clusters as they are fun PVP servers with a casual flow to them. 

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

Ok maybe cheating is a hard sell and I am not looking for bans on any of the tribes doing it. But it ruins the cluster and needs a lil bit of attention as I believe it could be fixed easy enough. 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

No matter how you look at it it's cheating. A tribe that operates out of an offline base that has online turrets and can activity raid others that can not attack back due to them abusing the exploit is cheating.

I had a war with a cheating tribe for a solid 2 weeks and it was probably the most annoying experience of my life which is why I activily ask for wild card to do the right thing and disable pincodes and personal ownership on orp.

These kids litterily just go grief/raid the server. Then go sit in there offline cave or offline base and talk smack about how there the best so on so forth. Then a few hours later the process just starts over again. You mide as well call building under the mesh a legit tactic if you think building a permanent offline base is legit.

20 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Now can place c4 on offline bases rofl gg wc..

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

Official Orp is a great game mode for those of us with school, kids, family's, work etc to still enjoy the game at a more casual pace. With the slow lost of interest for normal official and players looking to try other game modes it's important that orp receive some love.

1. Disable pincodes on orp: Pincodes is one of the main problems for orp exploits. Sense allies are disabled there is no use for pincodes 

2. Disable personal owner ship:          personal ownership is what enables  cheating tribes to build there permanent offline bases which they can operate out of with no consequences.

3. Link orp clusters together:.              We already have cross ark for clusters there is no need for orp to be clustered. The community would benefit greatly by having more servers together for more player and pvp interactions.

4. Extend offline timer:.                          Currently in orp offline protection kicks in 15 minutes after a player logs off. Instead of pvping what players do is log off immediatily after being attacked and using orp as there defence instead of defending themselves. This makes the game stale and boring. Extending the timer to 30 minutes would give real consequences to players who refuse to defend themselves.

Hopefully people take these suggestions I've posted this topic many times and kind of sound like a broken record by now but I just want to see a better orp experience for everyone.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.

11 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
57 minutes ago, R3dHawk said:

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

13 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

I don't think I know sense i see it happen everyday your point is irrelevant sense you are saying no to things with out giving a solution. Thanks for coming out though

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

12 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

Lets say I place on someone's turret towers tho like max c4 limits few hundred is that a thing  lol?

On 4/24/2019 at 5:00 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

I see where your coming from and no I don't use tribe governance as everyone in my tribe is treated as an equal. I've never been insided in the 3 years I've played but it's impossible to prevent being insided with governance sense it is as simple as them making c4 and blowing up ur pincoded door lol.

It's not that I have an issue with pincodes and personal ownership. I more then anyone wished it worked properly in orp however it is being heavily abused by cheaters so therefore needs to be removed until fixed or permanently on orp.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's nothing to do with being insided... It's about coming online when someone ran into the base to get rekitted to go back and get their gear once they died, and TAKING YOUR GEAR that YOU have stashed ready for YOU to go out.

Now as for your 'concerns', obviously you should avoid ORP then, but I guess you sleep easier knowing that no-one can break into your base while you aren't online. You can't have it both ways.

This is actually why most unofficial PvP servers don't use vanilla ORP because it makes everything invulnerable... Not because it's able to have people log off and access it... But because they log off and it's impenetrable, and that people can case out the bases while they are offline.

Orp offers a great casual experience where players can enjoy the game for 4 or 5 hours a day and balance there real life as well.

Unfortunately official orp servers are plagued by people abusing exploits that no one is talking about. I understand this thread may only apply to a certain audience but please help get this to wildcards attention so we can have better official orp servers for everyone!

Archived