Sign in to follow this  
Owataday

Official Orp needs server settings changed

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

92 replies to this server topic

Orp official need support

These servers have been abandoned from day 1. All it would take is a lil bit of action on the devs side to scare the cheating tribes to play the game the way it's suppose to. Don't move this post as its not a game suggestion. Orp is fun guys but not when it's played with no rules or policing.

38 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Orp official need support

These servers have been abandoned from day 1. All it would take is a lil bit of action on the devs side to scare the cheating tribes to play the game the way it's suppose to. Don't move this post as its not a game suggestion. Orp is fun guys but not when it's played with no rules or policing.

What is abused, the ORP gates? I use them and in fact just finished my greenhouse too. 

I could swear i’ve seen a GM on here say something along the lines of “it’s not against the CoC so technically it’s not wipe-able” or something like that. So good luck 👍🍀 

Also it’s not that big of a deal unless they’re blocking whole resource areas. If it’s a tribe hiding behind gates then just place turrets around the area they go out of. Plenty of ways to attack them still. They got more creative with their methods and so should you 😛

But seriously the drama and chaos can be just as bad, still a lot of daily raiding and big bully tribes. I think i’ll hide down here and let them eat each other’s 80k bullets lol

Edited by MackTheKnife

36 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

What is abused, the ORP gates? I use them and in fact just finished my greenhouse too. 

I could swear i’ve seen a GM on here say something along the lines of “it’s not against the CoC so technically it’s not wipe-able” or something like that. So good luck 👍🍀 

Also it’s not that big of a deal unless they’re blocking whole resource areas. If it’s a tribe hiding behind gates then just place turrets around the area they go out of. Plenty of ways to attack them still. They got more creative with their methods and so should you 😛

But seriously the drama and chaos can be just as bad, still a lot of daily raiding and big bully tribes. I think i’ll hide down here and let them eat each other’s 80k bullets lol

Take your head out of the sand buddy. A volunteer moderator said it seems to be OK by the coc which is just a troll comment to the problem. Being unraidable on PVP servers is not PVP it's in fact PVE. Your answer of put turret towers up is hilariously flawed. I also don't want anybody wiped as then PVP wars would be affected and I like war unlike yourself hiding behind offline gates playing PVE.

Oficial Server ORP structures of different tribes

I play on an ORP server, on the server a lot of the tribes merge structures that some are offline and others online, such as all structures with damage off, only turrets with damage online. Is this allowed or is it reason to dev wipe?

3+ years and counting. Massive ORP bug still not fixed.

Basically...

It was 3 years on the 28th...patch 245.0(supposed to of removed pin locking and remove ORP status for cave building) patch went live July 28th 2016 and there have been no further patches or changes since then....I went through every single archived patch note.

Pinlocking still is enabled for gates and doors....this needs to be adjusted to disabled.

And caves...specifically artifact caves still are orp protected.

Source for patch found in archived patch notes. 245.0

Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.

Edited by TeRyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Changes to COC

I was playing on my official ORP server and message popped up saying tribes that use proxy tribes to protect there base are breaking COC. Has it been added to the list and what are the ramifications to a tribe for doing this? I believe they reviewed the cross ark servers and found some stuff that was unfair to allow also the duping problem has been fixed?

On 5/11/2019 at 4:03 AM, R3dHawk said:

That last comment wasn't ment for here I was answering someone's question in a bug section who was asking why offline bases weren't fixed and it was merged here. No offence but this was the worst place for this topic to be merged as there's 4 different threads in here  and when they merge it it goes by dates so there is no productive flow of conversation. And to get to the front 2 or 3 pages u need like 15 votes which won't happen for an orp thread so this one will die like all the others. At least on the general forum we could make a little noise :)

I would say if we made a topic about how cute the dinosaur are and what we did in ark today it would be bounced to the top of the list. Ahhhh the cute fuzzy wuzzy dinosaurs.

On 18 May 2019 at 4:33 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

how exactly would you fix it? seriously as i have wracked my brain myself over it for modding purposes but there is no surefire way to automate offline raiding prevention that is not exploitable in some way and they do not have the man power to have gms flying all over the arks all the time collecting the necessary data to take action against people when this is fairly hard to prove.

I am willing to take any ideas you have, just head on to the suggestions forums and put together a well thought out post, if it's a good one i will totally upvote it.

Ok off the top my head how about stopping tribes having access to gates by just setting up a pin. A lack of man power is a poor excuse that would not fly in most tech industries but gaming is different with its fan boy culture. 2 mins on these servers is all that is needed to see the issue. Tribes can get to there base because they have a pin for a gate that is not owned by the tribe and is in fact offline. 

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

You and I must be reading different forums. All I ever read on this forum and other platforms is about how bad this game is because of bugs, meshing, duping, ddosing, how rubbish the devs are etc etc. No one is brainwashed into thinking the game is perfect.

But these posts are taken down quickly and diverted to the ticket system, or i've seen posts vanish completely! In theory when i commented it should have been pushed to the top but wasnt even on the first ten pages. Was "Death barrier mod" and obviously some moderators make negative posts disappear

On 18 May 2019 at 4:56 PM, Sphere said:

If the devs are okay with cheating, they sure are inconsistent. Many of their actions show they actually do not like cheaters, at all.

I think the OP is just pissed.

Edit2: Somebody moved this thread.

lol comments like this make me laugh. You say these things because your part of the forum police. They don't look to fix the game, you guys just redirect topics so they die. Cheating is accepted by the Dev team. Prove me wrong Sphere.

We need an update on tackling cheating pls

Wildcard made moves awhile ago to tackle cheating head on. But as usual once everything cools down we are left with silence again. My concern was with the ORP official server clusters were cheating has been accepted as a tool to win. Normal official has many issues that they seemed to want to fix when HOD gaming kicked up dust. That looks like from my personal opinion to be a quick reaction to the community to get everyone back on side, now we are back to the usual bad management of the game. Fix your game, stop pretending to want to help with the lazy ticket responses. Please don't tell me about not enough recourses etc etc etc, that's a lazy excuse that doesn't fly in most industries. Now let's try to keep this topic going. No other game has what Ark does so I'm kinda stuck playing it.