Sign in to follow this  
Owataday

Official Orp needs server settings changed

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

92 replies to this server topic

11 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
57 minutes ago, R3dHawk said:

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

13 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

I don't think I know sense i see it happen everyday your point is irrelevant sense you are saying no to things with out giving a solution. Thanks for coming out though

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

12 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

Lets say I place on someone's turret towers tho like max c4 limits few hundred is that a thing  lol?

On 4/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, Lycan187u said:

Lets say I place on someone's turret towers tho like max c4 limits few hundred is that a thing  lol?

It shouldn't work they made it so c4 can only be placed a certain distance from foundations. As long as ur tower has a foundation as it's base you should be good.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:00 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

I see where your coming from and no I don't use tribe governance as everyone in my tribe is treated as an equal. I've never been insided in the 3 years I've played but it's impossible to prevent being insided with governance sense it is as simple as them making c4 and blowing up ur pincoded door lol.

It's not that I have an issue with pincodes and personal ownership. I more then anyone wished it worked properly in orp however it is being heavily abused by cheaters so therefore needs to be removed until fixed or permanently on orp.

Edited by R3dHawk
Spelling

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's nothing to do with being insided... It's about coming online when someone ran into the base to get rekitted to go back and get their gear once they died, and TAKING YOUR GEAR that YOU have stashed ready for YOU to go out.

Now as for your 'concerns', obviously you should avoid ORP then, but I guess you sleep easier knowing that no-one can break into your base while you aren't online. You can't have it both ways.

This is actually why most unofficial PvP servers don't use vanilla ORP because it makes everything invulnerable... Not because it's able to have people log off and access it... But because they log off and it's impenetrable, and that people can case out the bases while they are offline.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Orp offers a great casual experience where players can enjoy the game for 4 or 5 hours a day and balance there real life as well.

Unfortunately official orp servers are plagued by people abusing exploits that no one is talking about. I understand this thread may only apply to a certain audience but please help get this to wildcards attention so we can have better official orp servers for everyone!

If you want a decent multiplayer experience, the only way to get it is to play with your own friends on a LAN or a private server. There's nothing that can be done about public online gaming. People have been ruining it for years without consequences and worse, they bring up later generations to behave the same way. Sadly Wildcard raptors over private Ark servers so you're pretty screwed playing this game no matter what. All you can do is choose how. 

Edited by Banshee5000
Spelling

19 hours ago, Owataday said:

I was told this problem will be mentioned to the devs. Fingers crossed people :)

I hope so it's a very simple fix that's been over looked for a long time. I've also been lobbying on these forums for a month or so to see a fix. Maybe our voices will finally be heared. Where did you hear that there going to be looking into it?

On 19 April 2019 at 7:40 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

You come into this discussion and really are no help. All you have done is dilute the conversation and open the idea of its not stated on code of conduct. Thanks your a true champion of ARK 

On 2 May 2019 at 6:57 AM, R3dHawk said:

I hope so it's a very simple fix that's been over looked for a long time. I've also been lobbying on these forums for a month or so to see a fix. Maybe our voices will finally be heared. Where did you hear that there going to be looking into it?

I got confirmation that a ticket of mine was passed onto the Dev team. GM Tobida acknowledged the issue and sent it on. Then the lines of communication went dead, I even offered to send pics and such. In truth I know they are full of hot air but I have to try and bring it to light as gaming companies really don't care what state the games are in. They do care when a community storm comes at them and then they react. Let's try at keep this conversation open as highlighting all flaws is for the better of Ark. 

2 hours ago, Owataday said:

You come into this discussion and really are no help. All you have done is dilute the conversation and open the idea of its not stated on code of conduct. Thanks your a true champion of ARK 

Always glad to help. You’re welcome. 

3 hours ago, Owataday said:

You cannot call something cheating if it isn't technically against the rules.

Plus rules don't help you in real-time, support takes weeks to months to get back to you.

The only real way is to change the game mechanics. Not introduce more rules to bog down the support staff.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:25 AM, Aylana314159 said:

You cannot call something cheating if it isn't technically against the rules.

Plus rules don't help you in real-time, support takes weeks to months to get back to you.

The only real way is to change the game mechanics. Not introduce more rules to bog down the support staff.

Litterily the 1st line of the code of conduct states that using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage over others is prohibited.

Stop using the coc as a crutch to get people going when u don't even know what your talking about.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:26 AM, Owataday said:

I got confirmation that a ticket of mine was passed onto the Dev team. GM Tobida acknowledged the issue and sent it on. Then the lines of communication went dead, I even offered to send pics and such. In truth I know they are full of hot air but I have to try and bring it to light as gaming companies really don't care what state the games are in. They do care when a community storm comes at them and then they react. Let's try at keep this conversation open as highlighting all flaws is for the better of Ark. 

Hopefully they actually disable pincodes then so we can have a functional orp. What platform do you play on?

7 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

Litterily the 1st line of the code of conduct states that using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage over others is prohibited.

How is a legitimate game mechanic an exploit? This whole thread should be a suggestion for game mechanic change for ORP servers.

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

How is a legitimate game mechanic an exploit? This whole thread should be a suggestion for game mechanic change for ORP servers.

People are abusing the vanilla orp by building a base on a secondary account setting a pin code then kicking there secondary account from the tribe there for making there base accessible through pincodes with there base showing as offline making it industructble while there online raiding you there for classifying it as an exploit. There is nothing wrong with the game mechanics you have 0 clue what your talking about please move on to trolling another thread as this thread is to bring it to wild cards attention so we can see a fix. Please wild card just disable pincodes and personal ownership on orp so it can run as intended :)

You basically make a structure tribe and a dino tribe.  Play in the dino tribe and be allianced with the structure tribe, then you dont even need turrets.  Build inside the building with the dino tribe so you can build your own stuff, I know foundations will snap to allianced tribe foundations, not sure about ceilings.  But if you can build a 2-layer base with nothing on the ground floor/outside walls that isnt ORPed, you are even unmeshable.

So all your base structure is ORPed 24/7 with a small 15-minute raid window during resets.  You have a 100% indestructible, unraidable, and unmeshable base.  That is not intended, but as was pointed out, at the moment it is not expressly against the Code of Conduct though it does fall into a grey area that could make it an exploit.  It should be reportable and actionable, but depends on the proof you can get.  It's just more in the long list of bad sportsmanship that happens on PvP servers, gotta take any exploit to get an edge or to have zero threat!

7 hours ago, TheDonn said:

You basically make a structure tribe and a dino tribe.  Play in the dino tribe and be allianced with the structure tribe, then you dont even need turrets.  Build inside the building with the dino tribe so you can build your own stuff, I know foundations will snap to allianced tribe foundations, not sure about ceilings.  But if you can build a 2-layer base with nothing on the ground floor/outside walls that isnt ORPed, you are even unmeshable.

So all your base structure is ORPed 24/7 with a small 15-minute raid window during resets.  You have a 100% indestructible, unraidable, and unmeshable base.  That is not intended, but as was pointed out, at the moment it is not expressly against the Code of Conduct though it does fall into a grey area that could make it an exploit.  It should be reportable and actionable, but depends on the proof you can get.  It's just more in the long list of bad sportsmanship that happens on PvP servers, gotta take any exploit to get an edge or to have zero threat!

Alliances are disabled on orp. It works via personal ownership combined woth pincodes, but then you have the indestructable yet functional base you describe. Gms have made clear this is against the rules and common sense should tell everyone the same. I dont know why anybody is arguing about that here.