Official Orp needs server settings changed

Owataday

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91 replies to this server topic

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It is relevant if WC only enforces explicitly written rules. Or when players riot, which is what this thread seems to be.

Rules don't really work when enforcement takes a couple months to catch up. So you know the GM's just respond that something like this isn't technically against the rules.

A rule isn't needed for this, just a change of settings. And once again this should be a suggestion. Get up votes on the suggestion version.

It's been tried two problems happen. People with no knowledge and don't play orp official ruin the thread or 2 a forum moderator locks or moves it never to be seen again.

13 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

I don't think I know sense i see it happen everyday your point is irrelevant sense you are saying no to things with out giving a solution. Thanks for coming out though

7 hours ago, TheDonn said:

You basically make a structure tribe and a dino tribe.  Play in the dino tribe and be allianced with the structure tribe, then you dont even need turrets.  Build inside the building with the dino tribe so you can build your own stuff, I know foundations will snap to allianced tribe foundations, not sure about ceilings.  But if you can build a 2-layer base with nothing on the ground floor/outside walls that isnt ORPed, you are even unmeshable.

So all your base structure is ORPed 24/7 with a small 15-minute raid window during resets.  You have a 100% indestructible, unraidable, and unmeshable base.  That is not intended, but as was pointed out, at the moment it is not expressly against the Code of Conduct though it does fall into a grey area that could make it an exploit.  It should be reportable and actionable, but depends on the proof you can get.  It's just more in the long list of bad sportsmanship that happens on PvP servers, gotta take any exploit to get an edge or to have zero threat!

Alliances are disabled on orp. It works via personal ownership combined woth pincodes, but then you have the indestructable yet functional base you describe. Gms have made clear this is against the rules and common sense should tell everyone the same. I dont know why anybody is arguing about that here. 

36 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

What is abused, the ORP gates? I use them and in fact just finished my greenhouse too. 

I could swear i’ve seen a GM on here say something along the lines of “it’s not against the CoC so technically it’s not wipe-able” or something like that. So good luck ?? 

Also it’s not that big of a deal unless they’re blocking whole resource areas. If it’s a tribe hiding behind gates then just place turrets around the area they go out of. Plenty of ways to attack them still. They got more creative with their methods and so should you ?

But seriously the drama and chaos can be just as bad, still a lot of daily raiding and big bully tribes. I think i’ll hide down here and let them eat each other’s 80k bullets lol

Take your head out of the sand buddy. A volunteer moderator said it seems to be OK by the coc which is just a troll comment to the problem. Being unraidable on PVP servers is not PVP it's in fact PVE. Your answer of put turret towers up is hilariously flawed. I also don't want anybody wiped as then PVP wars would be affected and I like war unlike yourself hiding behind offline gates playing PVE.

Devs are ok with cheating on ORP servers official. WHY?

I will not drop this topic as ORP are part of the official set up. You had a chance to add a section in it like the small tribes and PVE section. I was led to believe by a GM called Tobida that this would be looked into. Police your game and stop pretending to help with tickets when in truth nothing happens. The problem is laughable because of how easy it is to fix. 

Guys I am not going to do the work for Wildcard. 2 mins on any official orp server would show the problem also I was told that the devs have been informed of such problems and well months later no response or community feed back. I just want to get people talking about it so that maybe just maybe we can breed a bit of life back to these clusters as they are fun PVP servers with a casual flow to them. 

4 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

This topic has gained traction on general forums so bumping this topic to see if we can get it brought up to the devs attention.

This got moved to suggestions. I upvoted because i think a setting change is warranted to fit with the premise of ORP servers. Hopefully it gets some dev attention.

Official Orp is a great game mode for those of us with school, kids, family's, work etc to still enjoy the game at a more casual pace. With the slow lost of interest for normal official and players looking to try other game modes it's important that orp receive some love.

1. Disable pincodes on orp: Pincodes is one of the main problems for orp exploits. Sense allies are disabled there is no use for pincodes 

2. Disable personal owner ship:          personal ownership is what enables  cheating tribes to build there permanent offline bases which they can operate out of with no consequences.

3. Link orp clusters together:.              We already have cross ark for clusters there is no need for orp to be clustered. The community would benefit greatly by having more servers together for more player and pvp interactions.

4. Extend offline timer:.                          Currently in orp offline protection kicks in 15 minutes after a player logs off. Instead of pvping what players do is log off immediatily after being attacked and using orp as there defence instead of defending themselves. This makes the game stale and boring. Extending the timer to 30 minutes would give real consequences to players who refuse to defend themselves.

Hopefully people take these suggestions I've posted this topic many times and kind of sound like a broken record by now but I just want to see a better orp experience for everyone.

18 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Get more people to upvote, now that this is properly in the suggestion section.

That last comment wasn't ment for here I was answering someone's question in a bug section who was asking why offline bases weren't fixed and it was merged here. No offence but this was the worst place for this topic to be merged as there's 4 different threads in here  and when they merge it it goes by dates so there is no productive flow of conversation. And to get to the front 2 or 3 pages u need like 15 votes which won't happen for an orp thread so this one will die like all the others. At least on the general forum we could make a little noise :)

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.

On 18 May 2019 at 4:33 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

how exactly would you fix it? seriously as i have wracked my brain myself over it for modding purposes but there is no surefire way to automate offline raiding prevention that is not exploitable in some way and they do not have the man power to have gms flying all over the arks all the time collecting the necessary data to take action against people when this is fairly hard to prove.

I am willing to take any ideas you have, just head on to the suggestions forums and put together a well thought out post, if it's a good one i will totally upvote it.

Ok off the top my head how about stopping tribes having access to gates by just setting up a pin. A lack of man power is a poor excuse that would not fly in most tech industries but gaming is different with its fan boy culture. 2 mins on these servers is all that is needed to see the issue. Tribes can get to there base because they have a pin for a gate that is not owned by the tribe and is in fact offline. 

11 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Orp offers a great casual experience where players can enjoy the game for 4 or 5 hours a day and balance there real life as well.

Unfortunately official orp servers are plagued by people abusing exploits that no one is talking about. I understand this thread may only apply to a certain audience but please help get this to wildcards attention so we can have better official orp servers for everyone!

Archived