Official Orp needs server settings changed

Owataday

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91 replies to this server topic

We need an update on tackling cheating pls

Wildcard made moves awhile ago to tackle cheating head on. But as usual once everything cools down we are left with silence again. My concern was with the ORP official server clusters were cheating has been accepted as a tool to win. Normal official has many issues that they seemed to want to fix when HOD gaming kicked up dust. That looks like from my personal opinion to be a quick reaction to the community to get everyone back on side, now we are back to the usual bad management of the game. Fix your game, stop pretending to want to help with the lazy ticket responses. Please don't tell me about not enough recourses etc etc etc, that's a lazy excuse that doesn't fly in most industries. Now let's try to keep this topic going. No other game has what Ark does so I'm kinda stuck playing it. 

If you want a decent multiplayer experience, the only way to get it is to play with your own friends on a LAN or a private server. There's nothing that can be done about public online gaming. People have been ruining it for years without consequences and worse, they bring up later generations to behave the same way. Sadly Wildcard raptors over private Ark servers so you're pretty screwed playing this game no matter what. All you can do is choose how. 

16 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

dang, I feel behind XD I'll have to check em out

It's a pretty fun game aside from the exploits. I used to be that guy on this game 10 hours a day grinding my heart away but now I'm married have a kid second on the way so only have time to play 3 or 4 hours a day and orp is that bridge that allows players like me to still play the game on official at a competitive level. Once this very easy to fix exploit is behind us I guarantee orp pays off for wildcard.

18 hours ago, acat said:

Alliances are disabled on orp. It works via personal ownership combined woth pincodes, but then you have the indestructable yet functional base you describe. Gms have made clear this is against the rules and common sense should tell everyone the same. I dont know why anybody is arguing about that here. 

Finally someone gets it :)

Orp official need support

These servers have been abandoned from day 1. All it would take is a lil bit of action on the devs side to scare the cheating tribes to play the game the way it's suppose to. Don't move this post as its not a game suggestion. Orp is fun guys but not when it's played with no rules or policing.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
57 minutes ago, R3dHawk said:

Usually orp tribes are smaller then normal tribes so the need for inner tribe governance is not needed because everyone in ur tribe u know and trust.

However I'm sure everyone who actually plays orp and sees the epidemic of orp exploits being used in official servers would much rather losing the pincode option then being attacked daily by a cheating tribe in an offline base.

Sorry, but my points still remain. Just because you think that small tribes abuse this, it doesn't forgo the points made regarding governance and how it's used, when it's designed for this.

Changes to COC

I was playing on my official ORP server and message popped up saying tribes that use proxy tribes to protect there base are breaking COC. Has it been added to the list and what are the ramifications to a tribe for doing this? I believe they reviewed the cross ark servers and found some stuff that was unfair to allow also the duping problem has been fixed?

3+ years and counting. Massive ORP bug still not fixed.

Basically...

It was 3 years on the 28th...patch 245.0(supposed to of removed pin locking and remove ORP status for cave building) patch went live July 28th 2016 and there have been no further patches or changes since then....I went through every single archived patch note.

Pinlocking still is enabled for gates and doors....this needs to be adjusted to disabled.

And caves...specifically artifact caves still are orp protected.

Source for patch found in archived patch notes. 245.0

Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.

Exploit: to make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhanded

Whether or not this situation is specifically described and outlined in the rules is irrelevant, The fact is it is an exploit by definition, People who think that if something isnt specifically outlined or described in the rules then it must be fine, This is wrong, the reason WC have a broad ended clause pertaining to "exploits" is to cover these grey areas as to go out and describe and outline every possible exploit and work around that someone could achieve in the game is not realistic. Pretty much if something creates a situation where the intended mechanics and function of the game are being manipulated or not utilized as intended then it is an exploit.

I feel that anyone trying to argue against this point likely has a vested interest in the exploit itself and is thus trying to justify it. Bottom line is can situation x be classified as an exploit by the very definition of the word exploit? answer is yes, then cool situation x is an exploit. It really isnt Rocket science. If you seriously are expecting WC to try and brainstorm every potential exploit to the game so they can give you a detailed outline of what is classified as an exploit and what isnt, then you are living in a dreamland. Usually people with the mentality of "oh if it isnt specifically outlined in the rules to the letter of a t, then it cant be an exploit" are usually the same kinds of people who actively find and use exploits on regular basis.

ORP is broken. 2 years of nothing from Dev team

Multiple tickets, videos and pictures sent through the proper channels of communication and nothing. The level of cheating on these servers is out of control all on wildcards watch. The devs know all about the GM know all about it the volunteer moderators know all about it anyone who plays these servers know all about it. I have tried multiple times to get a fix or a eye on this problem. We have so much stuff at are base and up until now we decided not to cheat as I'm a grown man playing a video game. But we will cheat soon because are base is getting attacked constantly by tribes hiding behind offline gates. 2 years now so no excuses from the community please as it's counterproductive to the problem. Many people have raised the problem only to be met with silence.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:25 AM, Aylana314159 said:

You cannot call something cheating if it isn't technically against the rules.

Plus rules don't help you in real-time, support takes weeks to months to get back to you.

The only real way is to change the game mechanics. Not introduce more rules to bog down the support staff.

Litterily the 1st line of the code of conduct states that using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage over others is prohibited.

Stop using the coc as a crutch to get people going when u don't even know what your talking about.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:26 AM, Owataday said:

I got confirmation that a ticket of mine was passed onto the Dev team. GM Tobida acknowledged the issue and sent it on. Then the lines of communication went dead, I even offered to send pics and such. In truth I know they are full of hot air but I have to try and bring it to light as gaming companies really don't care what state the games are in. They do care when a community storm comes at them and then they react. Let's try at keep this conversation open as highlighting all flaws is for the better of Ark. 

Hopefully they actually disable pincodes then so we can have a functional orp. What platform do you play on?

On 4/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

No matter how you look at it it's cheating. A tribe that operates out of an offline base that has online turrets and can activity raid others that can not attack back due to them abusing the exploit is cheating.

I had a war with a cheating tribe for a solid 2 weeks and it was probably the most annoying experience of my life which is why I activily ask for wild card to do the right thing and disable pincodes and personal ownership on orp.

These kids litterily just go grief/raid the server. Then go sit in there offline cave or offline base and talk smack about how there the best so on so forth. Then a few hours later the process just starts over again. You mide as well call building under the mesh a legit tactic if you think building a permanent offline base is legit.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:00 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

I see where your coming from and no I don't use tribe governance as everyone in my tribe is treated as an equal. I've never been insided in the 3 years I've played but it's impossible to prevent being insided with governance sense it is as simple as them making c4 and blowing up ur pincoded door lol.

It's not that I have an issue with pincodes and personal ownership. I more then anyone wished it worked properly in orp however it is being heavily abused by cheaters so therefore needs to be removed until fixed or permanently on orp.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I'm simply saying that by removing such a thing, you remove a vital feature to secure tribes from having someone grab things that aren't theirs to grab.

Do you not use tribe governence? Do you also not use the personal owned, and PIN coded feature? Just because you have an issue with something, isn't quite a reason to remove it.

38 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Orp official need support

These servers have been abandoned from day 1. All it would take is a lil bit of action on the devs side to scare the cheating tribes to play the game the way it's suppose to. Don't move this post as its not a game suggestion. Orp is fun guys but not when it's played with no rules or policing.

What is abused, the ORP gates? I use them and in fact just finished my greenhouse too. 

I could swear i’ve seen a GM on here say something along the lines of “it’s not against the CoC so technically it’s not wipe-able” or something like that. So good luck ?? 

Also it’s not that big of a deal unless they’re blocking whole resource areas. If it’s a tribe hiding behind gates then just place turrets around the area they go out of. Plenty of ways to attack them still. They got more creative with their methods and so should you ?

But seriously the drama and chaos can be just as bad, still a lot of daily raiding and big bully tribes. I think i’ll hide down here and let them eat each other’s 80k bullets lol

5 hours ago, Owataday said:

The level of cheating on these servers is out of control

Word my man. Im very surprised to not see as many complaint about meshing/duping/ddosing ruining the game. I've wrote a few posts myself but most people on these forums have no clue. Almost brainwashed that this game is perfect if you ask me! I've stopped playing this game after 8k hours on it. It's gone! No control over what happens in it!

The origional post has been edited and now i look like an idiot

Archived