Official Orp needs server settings changed

Owataday

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91 replies to this server topic

A tribe uses the attitude of private property and tribe possession in mix Basen. The outer hull is always offline and will be renewed in the short term. The rest in base and turrets are online. Thus, the Tribe is not to be attacked.

I Play on a ORP Cluster because I cannot be online 24/7, but by using this gray area it is impossible to stand against the Tribe. I need help from an admin.

Thank you

19 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Ok off the top my head how about stopping tribes having access to gates by just setting up a pin. A lack of man power is a poor excuse that would not fly in most tech industries but gaming is different with its fan boy culture. 2 mins on these servers is all that is needed to see the issue. Tribes can get to there base because they have a pin for a gate that is not owned by the tribe and is in fact offline. 

A lack of man power is always an excuse when people expect you to maintain online services at cost.  changing the ability to access pin locked doors when on orp could be a work around good thing this was moved to suggestions so the devs can evaluate it :)

On 18 May 2019 at 4:56 PM, Sphere said:

If the devs are okay with cheating, they sure are inconsistent. Many of their actions show they actually do not like cheaters, at all.

I think the OP is just pissed.

Edit2: Somebody moved this thread.

lol comments like this make me laugh. You say these things because your part of the forum police. They don't look to fix the game, you guys just redirect topics so they die. Cheating is accepted by the Dev team. Prove me wrong Sphere.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's nothing to do with being insided... It's about coming online when someone ran into the base to get rekitted to go back and get their gear once they died, and TAKING YOUR GEAR that YOU have stashed ready for YOU to go out.

Now as for your 'concerns', obviously you should avoid ORP then, but I guess you sleep easier knowing that no-one can break into your base while you aren't online. You can't have it both ways.

This is actually why most unofficial PvP servers don't use vanilla ORP because it makes everything invulnerable... Not because it's able to have people log off and access it... But because they log off and it's impenetrable, and that people can case out the bases while they are offline.

1 hour ago, SMP said:

lol Well handled, sir.  Your tact and diplomacy are to be commended.  I'm sure they'll be addressing your plight post-haste.

Not sure if your taking the piss bud but thanks I suppose. The issue is hilarious, tribes can build in the wasteland because of the exploit. Also they can do it in a way that the turret tower structure is offline but the turrets are online on it lol. 2 mins on any of these OFFICIAL Orp servers would show this is in all its glory.

20 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Now can place c4 on offline bases rofl gg wc..

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

3 hours ago, Owataday said:

You come into this discussion and really are no help. All you have done is dilute the conversation and open the idea of its not stated on code of conduct. Thanks your a true champion of ARK 

You cannot call something cheating if it isn't technically against the rules.

Plus rules don't help you in real-time, support takes weeks to months to get back to you.

The only real way is to change the game mechanics. Not introduce more rules to bog down the support staff.

On 6 May 2019 at 11:22 AM, HoboNation said:

Exploit: to make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhanded

Whether or not this situation is specifically described and outlined in the rules is irrelevant, The fact is it is an exploit by definition, People who think that if something isnt specifically outlined or described in the rules then it must be fine, This is wrong, the reason WC have a broad ended clause pertaining to "exploits" is to cover these grey areas as to go out and describe and outline every possible exploit and work around that someone could achieve in the game is not realistic. Pretty much if something creates a situation where the intended mechanics and function of the game are being manipulated or not utilized as intended then it is an exploit.

I feel that anyone trying to argue against this point likely has a vested interest in the exploit itself and is thus trying to justify it. Bottom line is can situation x be classified as an exploit by the very definition of the word exploit? answer is yes, then cool situation x is an exploit. It really isnt Rocket science. If you seriously are expecting WC to try and brainstorm every potential exploit to the game so they can give you a detailed outline of what is classified as an exploit and what isnt, then you are living in a dreamland. Usually people with the mentality of "oh if it isnt specifically outlined in the rules to the letter of a t, then it cant be an exploit" are usually the same kinds of people who actively find and use exploits on regular basis.

You get it. Look at how long of a response that had to be given on the code of conduct bull. People have successfully derailed the topic. Thanks for the input I wouldn't of been able to put that together to counter the side trackers.

So basically whats happening is the devs know of the problem but can not find the time to fix it. Its such an easy fix its ridiculous, also people who come in and say o its not stated in the code of conduct are not here to help so don't listen to them. Tribes who hide behind offline gates are cheating plain and simple. A GM called Tobida confirmed to me that the devs have been informed and months have past by and would you believe it nothing changed and all lines of communication have been shut after Tobida response. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:03 AM, R3dHawk said:

That last comment wasn't ment for here I was answering someone's question in a bug section who was asking why offline bases weren't fixed and it was merged here. No offence but this was the worst place for this topic to be merged as there's 4 different threads in here  and when they merge it it goes by dates so there is no productive flow of conversation. And to get to the front 2 or 3 pages u need like 15 votes which won't happen for an orp thread so this one will die like all the others. At least on the general forum we could make a little noise :)

I would say if we made a topic about how cute the dinosaur are and what we did in ark today it would be bounced to the top of the list. Ahhhh the cute fuzzy wuzzy dinosaurs.

30 minutes ago, Owataday said:

You get it. Look at how long of a response that had to be given on the code of conduct bull. People have successfully derailed the topic. Thanks for the input I wouldn't of been able to put that together to counter the side trackers.

Now that this is in suggestions, you might want to edit the original post. And add at the top a clear what you want changed and a brief why statement. Leave the original 'discussion' for transparency.

Archived