Official Orp needs server settings changed

Owataday

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91 replies to this server topic

how exactly would you fix it? seriously as i have wracked my brain myself over it for modding purposes but there is no surefire way to automate offline raiding prevention that is not exploitable in some way and they do not have the man power to have gms flying all over the arks all the time collecting the necessary data to take action against people when this is fairly hard to prove.

I am willing to take any ideas you have, just head on to the suggestions forums and put together a well thought out post, if it's a good one i will totally upvote it.

19 hours ago, Owataday said:

I was told this problem will be mentioned to the devs. Fingers crossed people :)

I hope so it's a very simple fix that's been over looked for a long time. I've also been lobbying on these forums for a month or so to see a fix. Maybe our voices will finally be heared. Where did you hear that there going to be looking into it?

This is my last attempt to get some movement on this topic. I have done multiple tickets and talked to a few GM on the issue and well I did think that was enough but if there is a more positive way of highlighting this issue then please inform me. JoeBlow lets bury are beef and move forward with this. Any tips since you know the forums and devs better than I. Also Aylana You seems to know your way around these things. 

The origional method of meshing thats been used over a year now still works. I think thats all you need to know about development team! Im not descibing the method but if you were to put the placement of these objects only placeable a fraction back from the wall then it would be fixed. Or another method thats been all over youtube for over a month and it still works! I can play about on single player and mesh literally anywhere i want, how doesn't the development team know these?

I sent a ticket explaining that almost every base i have ever built these past couple years has got meshed and if i was to continue playing the game, i would need a human response and not the "thank you for contacting", "we're investigating" and "due to player privacy" jargon that means nothing. Failed once again! 

The origional post has been edited and now i look like an idiot

1 hour ago, HoboNation said:

Whether or not this situation is specifically described and outlined in the rules is irrelevant, 

It is relevant if WC only enforces explicitly written rules. Or when players riot, which is what this thread seems to be.

Rules don't really work when enforcement takes a couple months to catch up. So you know the GM's just respond that something like this isn't technically against the rules.

A rule isn't needed for this, just a change of settings. And once again this should be a suggestion. Get up votes on the suggestion version.

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

How is a legitimate game mechanic an exploit? This whole thread should be a suggestion for game mechanic change for ORP servers.

People are abusing the vanilla orp by building a base on a secondary account setting a pin code then kicking there secondary account from the tribe there for making there base accessible through pincodes with there base showing as offline making it industructble while there online raiding you there for classifying it as an exploit. There is nothing wrong with the game mechanics you have 0 clue what your talking about please move on to trolling another thread as this thread is to bring it to wild cards attention so we can see a fix. Please wild card just disable pincodes and personal ownership on orp so it can run as intended :)

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

Ok maybe cheating is a hard sell and I am not looking for bans on any of the tribes doing it. But it ruins the cluster and needs a lil bit of attention as I believe it could be fixed easy enough. 

8 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Are shadow tribes actually against the rules?

Yes.

Report these people with video evidence. They get banned FAST. The trouble is getting video evidence that actually shows the cheating happening. If you get something that just shows an ORP gate, the GMs still may investigate the situation - they can pass right through that gate and check it to see if there is an offending tribe behind.

Wildcard is aware of this stuff and has been working on solutions for ORP servers. They just added some new features to ORP servers last patch!

11 minutes ago, Owataday said:

This is my last attempt to get some movement on this topic. I have done multiple tickets and talked to a few GM on the issue and well I did think that was enough but if there is a more positive way of highlighting this issue then please inform me. JoeBlow lets bury are beef and move forward with this. Any tips since you know the forums and devs better than I. Also Aylana You seems to know your way around these things. 

You original post is still just a rant. Update it and make it simple and easy to read.

ORP issue: brief explanation

Solution: setting change 

23 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

You original post is still just a rant. Update it and make it simple and easy to read.

ORP issue: brief explanation

Solution: setting change 

My later comments turned to rants and I will update my post but my original post was  a nod to the problem not a rant. I suppose I should avoid naming and shaming? Also the word exploit kinda doesn't go down well. Will I repost in the game suggestion or general discussion. Does game suggestion be monitored because I do see a lot of silly suggestions with a lot of up votes that dominate. Orp servers are a small part of official.                                                                                                                                    

26 minutes ago, TheLastSpartan said:

Word my man. Im very surprised to not see as many complaint about meshing/duping/ddosing ruining the game. I've wrote a few posts myself but most people on these forums have no clue. Almost brainwashed that this game is perfect if you ask me! I've stopped playing this game after 8k hours on it. It's gone! No control over what happens in it!

You and I must be reading different forums. All I ever read on this forum and other platforms is about how bad this game is because of bugs, meshing, duping, ddosing, how rubbish the devs are etc etc. No one is brainwashed into thinking the game is perfect.

12 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

Lets say I place on someone's turret towers tho like max c4 limits few hundred is that a thing  lol?

On 19 April 2019 at 7:40 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

You come into this discussion and really are no help. All you have done is dilute the conversation and open the idea of its not stated on code of conduct. Thanks your a true champion of ARK 

You basically make a structure tribe and a dino tribe.  Play in the dino tribe and be allianced with the structure tribe, then you dont even need turrets.  Build inside the building with the dino tribe so you can build your own stuff, I know foundations will snap to allianced tribe foundations, not sure about ceilings.  But if you can build a 2-layer base with nothing on the ground floor/outside walls that isnt ORPed, you are even unmeshable.

So all your base structure is ORPed 24/7 with a small 15-minute raid window during resets.  You have a 100% indestructible, unraidable, and unmeshable base.  That is not intended, but as was pointed out, at the moment it is not expressly against the Code of Conduct though it does fall into a grey area that could make it an exploit.  It should be reportable and actionable, but depends on the proof you can get.  It's just more in the long list of bad sportsmanship that happens on PvP servers, gotta take any exploit to get an edge or to have zero threat!

Orp community needs an official response from wildcard

Please stop moving everyones post to the dumb dead game suggestion forum. This is not a suggestion it's a plea, please disable pincodes on orp official servers to end the use of exploits. I don't get this community mods move, delete these post never to be seen again. Devs ignore the tickets and all this over a 5 second fix of disabling pincodes.

Mean while we are being attacked everyday by cheating tribes in invulnerable bases for months what are we supposed to do?

This issue litterily needs an official response thoughsands of players play official orp and are being ignored.

If hod can get an official response in 2 days over litterily telling people how to mesh I think the orp community can get a simple response and action against these cheaters.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

You and I must be reading different forums. All I ever read on this forum and other platforms is about how bad this game is because of bugs, meshing, duping, ddosing, how rubbish the devs are etc etc. No one is brainwashed into thinking the game is perfect.

But these posts are taken down quickly and diverted to the ticket system, or i've seen posts vanish completely! In theory when i commented it should have been pushed to the top but wasnt even on the first ten pages. Was "Death barrier mod" and obviously some moderators make negative posts disappear

On 2 May 2019 at 6:57 AM, R3dHawk said:

I hope so it's a very simple fix that's been over looked for a long time. I've also been lobbying on these forums for a month or so to see a fix. Maybe our voices will finally be heared. Where did you hear that there going to be looking into it?

I got confirmation that a ticket of mine was passed onto the Dev team. GM Tobida acknowledged the issue and sent it on. Then the lines of communication went dead, I even offered to send pics and such. In truth I know they are full of hot air but I have to try and bring it to light as gaming companies really don't care what state the games are in. They do care when a community storm comes at them and then they react. Let's try at keep this conversation open as highlighting all flaws is for the better of Ark. 

Archived