Tek binoculars

Lowly

Suggestion

Be able to see wild Dino torpor and health like a magnify glass but from a distance

Be able to pulse that Dino after a 3 second lock on time to see more stats, it's stamina, melee, etc to see if it's worth knocking the Dino out to tame. Each pulse consumes element shard or dust, or one big pulse to reveal all the creatures stats in one go but after a 3-5 second observation time.

Then perhaps give it a lock ability to highlight the creature like the scout drone does (again obviously at the cost of shards or dust over time to prevent overusing the ability) so it can be tracked during those aweful fog rain and pitch black nights we seem to get

31 replies to this server topic

1 minute ago, Kurrail said:

Seeing how tek is supposed to be the end game top stuff. Wouldn't it make sense to have a pair of Tek Binoculars to replace the spyglass and magnifying glass? Tell level, gender, health, and torpor with zoom features sounds like a winner to me!

Already a thread for this buddy and it already has votes, click sort by. Then select votes it'll be like 8th down

I think having Tek Binoculars as an upgraded item from the spyglass would be an excellent idea.

To add a bit of progression to the item though, I would suggest the following;

• Level 7 - Spyglass
  • Level 25 - Magnifying Glass
  • Level 50 - Binoculars *New Item. Combines Spyglass and Magnifying Glass and their abilities.  - Craftable at Fabricator.
  • Tek Level Unlock: Tek Binoculars *New Item. Standard use (no element cost) same as Binoculars. For the cost of a percentage of a tek shard - if the target is locked on for 3 seconds a stat read-out of the creatures stats will be provided. - Craftable at the Replicator.

Again, I am good either way - with or without the additional progressional step. It would be a nice item to have, especially for console use since they do not have the ability to use mods to gain access to something similar. 

Archived