Tek binoculars

Lowly

Suggestion

Be able to see wild Dino torpor and health like a magnify glass but from a distance

Be able to pulse that Dino after a 3 second lock on time to see more stats, it's stamina, melee, etc to see if it's worth knocking the Dino out to tame. Each pulse consumes element shard or dust, or one big pulse to reveal all the creatures stats in one go but after a 3-5 second observation time.

Then perhaps give it a lock ability to highlight the creature like the scout drone does (again obviously at the cost of shards or dust over time to prevent overusing the ability) so it can be tracked during those aweful fog rain and pitch black nights we seem to get

31 replies to this server topic

Seeing torpor and health and the tracking ability would be a nice addition to have in the game as Tek binoculars. I disagree to have the binoculars make the stats visible though as it takes away a huge portion of the game. It would feels like cheating to me. If you want to see the stats you should have to knock the dino out, you can still decide to not tame it and to not spend resources on it.

Tek Binoculars: Can see the creatures health and torpor, as well as outlines the creature for five seconds after viewing it, allowing for better tracking on small creatures. Outline color is based on creature's aggression level(Like the Tek Helmet). That's literally all this thing needs to be to be 100000% better than the normal Spyglass and Magnifying Glass. None of this fancy see all the stats or color region stuff. 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, Human123Tribe123 said:

Seeing torpor and health and the tracking ability would be a nice addition to have in the game as Tek binoculars. I disagree to have the binoculars make the stats visible though as it takes away a huge portion of the game. It would feels like cheating to me. If you want to see the stats you should have to knock the dino out, you can still decide to not tame it and to not spend resources on it.

yea but you'd still have waisted the resources knocking it out with tranqs and stuff, or simply just waisted time if you chose to use something like an equus or basilisk, also I noticed you said "It would feels like cheating to me." the simple solution is for you to not use tek binoculars lol but this is something that I and many others would find very useful but you wouldn't be forced to use it if you didn't want to

51 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Add to it the ability to see birth color on reaper queens please, and maybe even color /stats on wyvern eggs. I don't care if that feature eats a whole element per pulse--my tiny tribe birthed 50+ reapers looking for for. So much of that was wasted time and strain on our ab server.

Oooh, and can we add the ability to see color and regions of a Dino in a cryo pod too?

On 4/24/2019 at 5:36 PM, Kurrail said:

Seeing how tek is supposed to be the end game top stuff. Wouldn't it make sense to have a pair of Tek Binoculars to replace the spyglass and magnifying glass? Tell level, gender, health, and torpor with zoom features sounds like a winner to me!

Seeing the gender of large animals shouldnt be difficult from a distance. Male elephants and horses have an extra limb.

Archived