Sign in to follow this  
Supersonic

Ankylo auto-harvest

Suggestion

15 replies to this server topic

This would probably come in their TLC if it does come at all. iirc doed came after anky which is why this is not on the anky's kit. That said there are mods that do implement this, but of course that's not helpful for most of the crowd.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:06 AM, Supersonic said:

I think it is just not implemented. Can't think of a PvP case where this would be a problem. :)

I was thinking maybe they don't want to add it to make it more difficult for players on PVP to advance to all metal structures. Either way, I would love it the Anklyo could be used like the Doed.

Ankylo used to auto harvest a long time back. I used to put two at the front of my ships to break the stone along the rivers and waters edge on the island so I didn't have to go as deep in Leed Whale areas or keep dodging rocks for clipping. Not entirely sure why it was disabled, but I think it was in due to making metal, obsidian and crystal farming way too easy when they were meant to be a harder to obtain resource. With Gacha's in play now and them making hundreds per hour each, I think it would be entirely fair on any server to have auto-harvest enabled on them. Gacha's pretty much obsolete Ankylo anyways as long as you keep them filled, mate bonused and 12+ tiles away from same gender Gacha's to max out production.

It does auto harvest, but anky's usually don't have much weight and it must be under 40% roughly to auto harvest.

Doedic's cut weight a lot so it takes longer to reach that threshold. Unless this feature broke recently the anky usually swings on first node I'm near and beyond that i have to do it myself.

I think a better option to aid in solo grinding would be the ability to utilize the Held tames melee attack over the flown creature. This would allow you to fly an Argy for example, but swing with the anky. 

Actually, I'd like to see this taken a bit further, cos filling an ankey (or doed for that matter) to it's weight-related shutoff happens very quickly. What I'd like to see instead is the ability to whistle attack this target on harvestable resources (bushes/trees/rocks/metal nodes/clams/etc.) so that you can black-weight your ankey/doed/beaver or whatever harvester you're carrying at that time. 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Supersonic said:

Just a small Quality of Life improvement, please make Ankylo auto-harvest metal like Doedicurus does with stone! Would be nice to get the metal on side of the mountains without a Quetzal. Thank you.

IIRC this was the original method, it was patched out to incentivize joining tribes. There's currently a mod for it too, but it does have to change the dino BP, so that gives you problems with transferring. RIP about 4 ankys, including a max-level pure red event one.  

also +1 to the suggestion, I use the mod right now.

Edited by Milsurp