Small Creatures

Somes

Suggestion

I am a fan of the smaller creatures in the game. I just wish that they were a more challenging feat to overcome. In survival some smaller creatures can be the most deadly. So I would like to see some small creatures bring this type of challenge to the game. I also would appreciate a few new pet types just for fun also.

Some ideas:

Mosquitos - like leeches could have 2 versions,one of them that carries a disease. Also,they could be in swarms that give them + to chance of infecting.

Ticks - again like leeches but also like jug bugs that can give you blood. If tamed could also be shoulder mounted. 

Nemicolopterus - A small pterosaur that is pretty delicate. This would bring a nice little pet to the game but because it being small and delicate would make it a challenge to get without killing it. 

Smaller Snakes/Scorpions/Spiders - these could involve a venom more deadly than poison just putting people to sleep. In detail the venom would have a death counter that forces you to get an antidote before death. This would make people not want to play if they were super aggressive so I would make them passive aggressive much like Bigfoot. Also allow these to be tamed or at least use the egg/nest method so players can have them. Spiders and Scorpions would be able to climb walls/trees and the spiders could maybe drop down by webbing. Yeah most of these could just be a mod but it would be nice to have official new models,animations and mechanics.

Chameleon Lizards - while not the most useful in combat they could grant cloaking to the person they shoulder mount. Maybe that could be useful to cloak from things like Pegomastax and Ichthyornis for anti-theft. Perhaps even use tongue lashing for chitin and an anti bug ability. For balancing you could have each gender do a specific ability.

Spitting Cobra - These could probably fit into the other spot with the spiders and scorpions but I wanted to list it apart from that because its a bit different and would have all new animations because of the cobras retractable umbrella head deal and idle coil stance. Also,these would have options for turret mode while shoulder mounted.

Current creatures that should have shoulder mount options with abilities:

Lystro (XP gain buff)

Troodon (tranq assist and torp resistance while mounted)

Jug Bug (water)

Glowbug (same as other lantern pets)

Trilobyte (armor buff when mounted)

Bee (gathers and forages honey,sap and flowers from the wild with no shoulder mount ability)

8 replies to this server topic

11 minutes ago, Somes said:

Its challenges like that that make it more interesting though. I mean I get it if you are the type that likes to just play creatively or RP. I know in RP those things can be annoying at times but it makes for a good twist if you are doing it for content. I did however make an edit before you responded with the Chameleon anti theft and bug ability. These annoyances would be easier to manage if we had something like that with them abilities.

I missed the part with the chameleon I'm sorry it's a good idea to have something to counter the little thieves. And don't you think there should be more plants like variety,richer fauna. I know ,plants ,boring but they can make the game more vibrant and feel more real .And you can still make some of them like a threat to the players like carnivorous plants or poisonous ones or some that trap you and you need to use your sword to escape. However these are some very ambitious ideas that are likely to never be implemented into the game.

Just now, DonaldJTrump said:

I missed the part with chameleon I'm sorry it's a good idea to have something to counter the little thieves. And don't you think there should be more plants like variety,richer fauna. I know ,plants ,boring but they can make the game more vibrant and feel more real .And you can still make some of them like a threat to the players like carnivorous plants or poisonous ones or some that trap you and you need to use your sword to escape. However these are some very ambitious ideas that are likely to never be implemented into the game.

I think they have tried to the extent of what they can do with plants. It would be rather difficult to make plant creatures look and work well. I think they could do them but they would basically be static creatures that stay in one place and also not really fit in this topic of small creatures.

1 minute ago, Somes said:

I think they have tried to the extent of what they can do with plants. It would be rather difficult to make plant creatures look and work well. I think they could do them but they would basically be static creatures that stay in one place and also not really fit in this topic of small creatures.

Yeah I'm sorry that was maybe for a thread of it's own. Still you have some very good ideas. Have a nice day/night and good luck venturing the maps!

There are the meganeuras ,titanomyrma drones, leeches and there are some creatures that can be very annoying like the micoraptor or the pegomastax and the seagle one. My point is there are many insects and creatures that can be challenging sometimes.Adding more can turn some people off. And I don't have problem with snakes and spiders. Actually I'm with you for adding more types of snakes or venomous spiders .I just don't see the devs adding them 

8 minutes ago, DonaldJTrump said:

There are the meganeuras ,titanomyrma drones, leeches and there are some creatures that can be very annoying like the micoraptor or the pegomastax and the seagle one. My point is there are many insects and creatures that can be challenging sometimes.Adding more can turn some people off. And I don't have problem with snakes and spiders. Actually I'm with you for adding more types of snakes or venomous spiders .I just don't see the devs adding them 

Its challenges like that that make it more interesting though. I mean I get it if you are the type that likes to just play creatively or RP. I know in RP those things can be annoying at times but it makes for a good twist if you are doing it for content. I did however make an edit before you responded with the Chameleon anti theft and bug ability. These annoyances would be easier to manage if we had something like that with them abilities.

54 minutes ago, Somes said:

Why do you hate challenge? Especially with the fact that diseases can literally be turned off. If its the spiders and snakes oh my deal than I am sorry but they are already in the game they are just bigger. Can't please everyone.

I was turned off by the idea of the mosquitoes and the ticks .How do you deal with that. You are saying ticks can be a shoulder mount but still we should consider the small hitboxes they would have and how buggy they could be .Like hitting meganeuras sometimes it's impossible. And aside from that I'm up for the challenge ,having played this game for many many hours I'm fine with the challenge it offers.

Archived