Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

Personally I would love to see a server settings option, or check box, that would allow us to set some creatures to breed that we currently can't. Creatures like Wyverns, Griffins, Rockdrakes, etc. Even if their was a limitation to how many times they could be bred, or a long period between eggs/births... it would be nice to at least have the option to turn that off or on.

To which I will add, a mod will work for some unofficial servers- but not console. 

The saddle option would be nice too though. I think they could look cool and if some neat costumes were thrown into the mix, even better. 

Overall, I like this suggestion. ?

Please please please make griffins breedable!

Seeing as you guys have made griffins breedable on mobile, I think it's only fitting to make them breedable on the other platforms as well. I understand that the Griffin's dive swipe and dive bomb have very high base damage but landing those hits often take time and require proper positioning to get it right. I believe it's safe to say a person would tend to dive bomb or dive swipe once or twice per confrontation, and if they did more they would spend a good deal of time killing whatever it was they were killing. Even then, nerfing those numbers a little bit would be a fine trade for breeding in my opinion, as I'd love to have an imprinted griffin at my disposal, especially since it does not have a saddle to give it armor. Also, think of the griffin babies!

With the implementation of the Snow Owls, it seems the griffin has begun to be overshadowed. With a faster base speed, the same gliding capabilities and very slightly lower base damage, the owl already has somewhat of an advantage, as it also is able to heal itself and allies remarkably quickly. Not to mention, it can wear saddles and benefit from the armor that it provides, and also can be bred! The griffin has only one perk that the snow owl does not(well, two if you count an extra riding seat) and that is it's dive bomb, which is very strong but doomed to be limited as breeding and imprinting cannot improve it further. 

In conclusion, Griffins are amazing and I love them, but theres so much potential that they are not able to reach as they are overshadowed by the snow owl's versatility and the wyvern's damage and health. If they were able to be bred, they could be a strong, deadly mount that is highly coveted by most people. Think about it, and think of all the griffin chick-cubs!

i like the idea of giving a bit more variety with a wyvern and griffin buff, but on the other hand, there is a reason why they are not breedable. With the wyvern it is quite understandable, why they are not breedable, because once you have a male and a female, you dont need to get them the more difficult way. But a saddle would be a good idea. 

But instead of buffing the Griffin and the Wyvern, nerfing the others would be a better solutions, before people are complaining, that wyverns are too strong and that griffins are too strong, and so on. You know how it is. 

lets look at the facts, you nerfed the griffin so hardly that honestly i ditched it to go for the argent, and with the flyer nerf and you nerfing the crap out of wyverns making them reasonably weak, griffins should be breedable and have a saddle, wyverns should get a saddle and spawn in higher lvls, griffins are usless now and wyverns are crap compared to manas, i done a test i took on 30 wyverns with a max lvl mana with bout fifty lvls into it, i kicked their a** in a matter of minutes. and yes why make griffs breedable on mobile when the bigger game base is on pc and consoles.

What!!!, do y’all even know about breeding and how it can get, a Lightning’s wyverns beam at just 400% damage destroys people in even the best sets or armor, just imagine something like 1000% damage they would literally kill everything and not to mention the stamina, like do y’all not remember wyverns before the start nerf?? And as for the griffons they would easily be able to get 20k hp by some of the big tribes

12 hours ago, Youngbouyoub said:

What!!!, do y’all even know about breeding and how it can get, a Lightning’s wyverns beam at just 400% damage destroys people in even the best sets or armor, just imagine something like 1000% damage they would literally kill everything and not to mention the stamina, like do y’all not remember wyverns before the start nerf?? And as for the griffons they would easily be able to get 20k hp by some of the big tribes

And Manas wont get easily to 20k, or what? 

Archived