Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

lets look at the facts, you nerfed the griffin so hardly that honestly i ditched it to go for the argent, and with the flyer nerf and you nerfing the crap out of wyverns making them reasonably weak, griffins should be breedable and have a saddle, wyverns should get a saddle and spawn in higher lvls, griffins are usless now and wyverns are crap compared to manas, i done a test i took on 30 wyverns with a max lvl mana with bout fifty lvls into it, i kicked their a** in a matter of minutes. and yes why make griffs breedable on mobile when the bigger game base is on pc and consoles.

personally I DONT think this is a good idea. it would completely ruin the fun of going to the scar capturing an egg and seeing what you get. breeding will destroy the trading market and super op wyverns in PVP will just wipe maps. 

I think dinos should age, they should get old and loose stats ie deteriorate, enforcing people to breed dinos to continue lines of heritage and stats. you could also put a stat in for fertility rate. if an old dino fell off a lip and damaged itself it could take longer to heal? 

Make Griffins Breedable

Please make Griffins breedable. They are seriously unusable in PvP at the minute and I'm sure the PvE guys would love an extra dino they can breed. 

A mana can freeze a griffin instantly due to its lack of imprint bonus unlike a wyvern and with their generally low stats in comparison to a leveled wyvern they just get destroyed by capped weapons which people now have in abundance on PvP.

Simply making them breedable will make it so the stat pools can be increased and a imprint buff will slow down a mana from 2 second freezing it. 

I recommend that they are a 4 day raise, making them longer than a PT but less than a Quetzal. 

You know it's the right thing to do WC. Be a hero. 

I agree, Griffins need to be breedable but no saddles.

Wyverns should NOT be breeedable but give them the long wanted Tek saddles that just buffs their elemental damage + gives them a little armor.

As for Rock Drakes i feel like breeding them would be too much, maybe go over them and just give them a stat buff instead like more health per points added.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:47 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

No. The game is already inundated with flyers. The last thing it needs is every beach Bob running about with his own dragon.

This doesn't make them any easier to tame, just easier to not kill. The fact that a griffin takes full damage severely limits their fighting skills. With the PvP servers crawling with super-bred managarmrs, this will allow older players, who are prefer griffins and wyverns to use these creatures with better survivability. It's fair that a level 300 mana with an ascendant saddle and full imprint can jet boost around the map freezing and destroying rexes, gigas, and wyverns, but unfair that said wyvern might get some armor and maybe tek blasts (breeding wyverns might be OP, but griffins seems fair enough)? Think about it.

I think tamed females should still produce milk and drop unfertilized eggs. This would make it a bit easier to raise more wyvs and also make extraordinary kibble. 

I think they are still strong enough and useful enough as it is so I don't think they should be able to breed, but having the milk and eggs available gives them a little buff in the usefulness department.

Griffins however I do think should be breedable. They are in mobile, why not make it possible on console and PC. Snow owls are pretty much just better griffins imo, they have the same dive mechanic, they got the crazy temp vision, and they can heal. They kinda outshine griffins which sucks because griffins are so damn cool. I think making them breedable so that their stats can improve and people can get crazy colors would make them more valuable. 

EDIT: I think having griffin saddles would be cool. I think they should still be rideable without the saddle, but maybe they could have special saddles only found in loot boxes. 

Don't make exotic dinos breedable

One of the best aspects of Ark is the array of dinos in various colors and difficulty in obtaining them. This is arguably one of Ark's best features. If you make wyverns, griffons, drakes, golems, and all other exotic dinos breedable they lose there value significantly. Think about how often you see an event colored wyvern with high stats compared to an event giga with high stats. However an event wyvern is harder to obtain than an event giga because it can be bred. This lowers the value of gigas. There is no wow or shock effect in owning a great colored giga. However an event colored wyvern is regarded as a true trouphy because it is difficult to obtain. Everyone knows you must first get a good wyvern egg. Then you must get lucky in getting an event color at a particular time in the year. Finally you must successfully raise it. It is these factors that give it such marvel. If you can breed these over and over again then everyone would have them, thus reducing there value. Once a time ago wyverns were truely amazing to have because you could only get them on Ragnarok. Since Valgeuro they have diminished in value. This is the same thing. Please don't make these exotic dinos breedable. No griffons, wyverns, drakes, golems, reapers, etc. I truly  believe Wildcard would do a great disservice in making these dinos breedable. Collecting those dinos with awesome abilities and rarity is why I play, and I believe the same for others as well. Anyone agree?

Surely we don't need to make griffins and wyverns breedable. We need to make manas unbreedable and reduce owls base HP slightly. Thats it.

Always think about how good a creature is compared to a foot player but not how good it is compared to other creatures. Its a way more effective method of balancing the game to compare everything to the foot players capabilities (including gunpower, grapples, z-flash etc.)

Archived