Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

I think Wyverns should not be breedable, as this would do away with the game play of going and collecting the eggs for your self. I do believe to help people females should produce unfer eggs for kibble and small amounts of milk. Even if that milk is one bottle like every hour. This may cause a need for people to have more than one female.

On Griffins now I believe they should be breedable. This would make people more out to tame them and not just clone them. 

On 4/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, Nattix said:

Please please please make griffins breedable!

Seeing as you guys have made griffins breedable on mobile, I think it's only fitting to make them breedable on the other platforms as well. I understand that the Griffin's dive swipe and dive bomb have very high base damage but landing those hits often take time and require proper positioning to get it right. I believe it's safe to say a person would tend to dive bomb or dive swipe once or twice per confrontation, and if they did more they would spend a good deal of time killing whatever it was they were killing. Even then, nerfing those numbers a little bit would be a fine trade for breeding in my opinion, as I'd love to have an imprinted griffin at my disposal, especially since it does not have a saddle to give it armor. Also, think of the griffin babies!

With the implementation of the Snow Owls, it seems the griffin has begun to be overshadowed. With a faster base speed, the same gliding capabilities and very slightly lower base damage, the owl already has somewhat of an advantage, as it also is able to heal itself and allies remarkably quickly. Not to mention, it can wear saddles and benefit from the armor that it provides, and also can be bred! The griffin has only one perk that the snow owl does not(well, two if you count an extra riding seat) and that is it's dive bomb, which is very strong but doomed to be limited as breeding and imprinting cannot improve it further. 

In conclusion, Griffins are amazing and I love them, but theres so much potential that they are not able to reach as they are overshadowed by the snow owl's versatility and the wyvern's damage and health. If they were able to be bred, they could be a strong, deadly mount that is highly coveted by most people. Think about it, and think of all the griffin chick-cubs!

true i would like tek saddles for griffins maybe not wyverns

I am PVPer
For PVE That sound like okey
For PVP that sound like a nightmare (there will be guys Breed them like poop (what they still do with manas atm which shouldn't be Breedable at all)
They are pretty good balanced they are both High Risk high Reward mounts

High Risk --> if you lose one you have to Retame / collect new eggs again
High Reward they can Flip a Battle pretty fast.

what is still completly Bullpoop is the Managarmr
No Risk and High Reward

The better a Dino is the more Difficult it should be too get it use it or what ever
Rock golem wird way to tame
Rock Drake Collect eggs (and many of them are bad eggs)
Basilisk (Eggs)
Reaper Impregnate
Griffin Retame
Wyvern getting Eggs
Giga long Baby time and uses much Meat

Mana
Easy Tame
easy Breed (just put them in a box)

DONT MAKE THEM BREEDABLE
It raptors up to much of the PVP aspect in one go

Personally I would love to see a server settings option, or check box, that would allow us to set some creatures to breed that we currently can't. Creatures like Wyverns, Griffins, Rockdrakes, etc. Even if their was a limitation to how many times they could be bred, or a long period between eggs/births... it would be nice to at least have the option to turn that off or on.

To which I will add, a mod will work for some unofficial servers- but not console. 

The saddle option would be nice too though. I think they could look cool and if some neat costumes were thrown into the mix, even better. 

Overall, I like this suggestion. ?

On 10/23/2020 at 8:24 PM, Aylana314159 said:

As predicted, breedable wyverns means a nerf first.

I mean... yeah, it's necessary because fully mutated & imprinted Wyverns as they are now would be pretty monstrous. They'd still get clapped by Manas, but Manas are still kinda busted so I don't think that's saying much. That said, I really don't think they need huge nerfs to accommodate breeding, mostly just a reduction to base Health and Health gain per level.

But also, with Wyverns now breedable, I really feel like Griffins should be as well. Griffins need a change to their Health anyway, because the 50 HP base health is kinda absurd... they ought to buff the base health but reduce per-level gains so that lower-level Griffins aren't a steaming hot joke while high level ones remain fairly reasonable.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:21 PM, SgtWookie92 said:

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

Ok, so this is were I stand with this. 

From a multiplayer-PvP perspective things are good the way they are. 

With that said, its no secret that I have been enjoying Ark a lot more with very few friends, sometimes solo even (as they do not play on a consistent basis, its still the same server).

On a personal experience, yes I would like to breed those to make my ultimate being, particularly the Wyverns as mix and matching them is appealing to me. Having a server option (like the one to permanently keep the Titanosaur would be ideal as I could flip the switch on or off).

As for the saddles, I think that not having them from a conceptual perspective is that these "ultimate" beings are not tamed, they are earned. I prefer Wyverns not to have saddles as it reinforces their majesty as force of its own. However, the saddle topic comes up often due to armor... Perhaps instead of a saddle we could use actual armor set (slotted as a saddle), something cool, maybe scaled iron plates or something, could work... The issue is it should not have reigns, these animals would not be led, they would chose to follow its master, its different from the other creatures we submit.

These are my thoughts on this, but after I am done with Extinction, I have only played vanilla Ark to this day (I run from Mods like a plague, always had poor experiences with them in other games). But the Wyvern breeding mod might be the only one I will make an exception, as I know I want to have 1 very unbelievably powerful Fire/Ice Wyvern in my roster, best of all I can remove the mod after it and still keep the game working, at least as it seems. 

Edit: When I say mix and match I mean in their own sub-species groups, no hybrids or such.

Archived