Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

What!!!, do y’all even know about breeding and how it can get, a Lightning’s wyverns beam at just 400% damage destroys people in even the best sets or armor, just imagine something like 1000% damage they would literally kill everything and not to mention the stamina, like do y’all not remember wyverns before the start nerf?? And as for the griffons they would easily be able to get 20k hp by some of the big tribes

On 4/29/2019 at 2:38 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

i like the idea of giving a bit more variety with a wyvern and griffin buff, but on the other hand, there is a reason why they are not breedable. With the wyvern it is quite understandable, why they are not breedable, because once you have a male and a female, you dont need to get them the more difficult way. But a saddle would be a good idea. 

But instead of buffing the Griffin and the Wyvern, nerfing the others would be a better solutions, before people are complaining, that wyverns are too strong and that griffins are too strong, and so on. You know how it is. 

Griffins are a standard tame. There is no reason that they should not be breedable other than mythical, yet owls overshadow them (and they technically are mythical creatures- they, in ARK's reiteration, do NOT EXIST!). Snakes should be added to this list too- why can't we breed them? You can breed hesperornis, and they have the golden eggs.

I would make them breed-able but only in PVE, and if possible have so that the wyverns can only be breed in the trenches, maybe having to craft a nest for them that breaks after the egg has been collected. 

with griffins i would again do it but only on rag. again with a nest, this would make it worth while in doing it, but make it so that you need alot to make the nest,   

My option is, griff would be great to able breeding and use/not use saddle. Compare with snow owl what has a skill freezing and healing and still breedable. Griff should be the same. 

For wyvern and drakes i say no. They are exotic dinos so thats ok if they are not breedable. This is a little mission when we run to get eggs. But saddle for wyvern sure like rock drake.

The only thing,there is a big % to find only low lv eggs in drake nest. And other thing,the max egg lv is 190? (Wyvern/drake). I read a comment where was an idea about max findable egg is 300. I support that. They are not breedable so just a little help and don't need to boost them because with that lv is good enough anyway.

Sorry if i wrote too much.

I hope we get some change soon...

12 hours ago, Youngbouyoub said:

What!!!, do y’all even know about breeding and how it can get, a Lightning’s wyverns beam at just 400% damage destroys people in even the best sets or armor, just imagine something like 1000% damage they would literally kill everything and not to mention the stamina, like do y’all not remember wyverns before the start nerf?? And as for the griffons they would easily be able to get 20k hp by some of the big tribes

And Manas wont get easily to 20k, or what? 

I love this suggestion and correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least could we not do something along the lines of what the reaper king has? They get a 100 armor bonus rather than a saddle, so add the 30% dmg reduction to that from being fully imprinted and IMO it's much better than what a wyvern or griffin can get. 

griffins never should have existed, they came out because wildcard wanted to a lazy grab for hype and released the easiest map the impliment at the time.  The griffins unique mechanics are arbitrary and have nothing to do with it's species and trample all over tapejara restrictions like the driver not being able to shoot.

Archived