Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, MYTVY said:

I agree on griffins. Not rly wyverns/drakes though, but perhaps it could be a server setting for sp/unofficials! I do think wyverns and drakes should drop unfert eggs though and female wyverns should produce milk in their inventories, even if it's a small amount.

Wyverns could be breedable they would just have to make it that breeding would not effect the stats of a wyvern. They would just be breedable as is.  

I have always wanted breedable griffins. Compared with the new creatures in game right now griffins are pretty useless. They are too squishy for battles right now and too kibble expensive to waste them in pvp unless there is nothing else that can do the job.

They like manas, fliers, drakes have been nerfed so much there is no such thing in game as an op griffin, breeding and combining stats or at least breeding so we dont have to keep taming them would be great and super cute.

I dislike the thought of breeding on Wyverns. Kinda defeats the purpose of their taming method.

Wyverns could do with a Tek saddle, but probably not a normal saddle.

Griffins could stand to have a saddle and breeding, seeing as how Snow Owls do almost everything they do+ the healing. Only thing that would need a nerf is the damage they do with the Skystrike Swipe. Normal base damage would probably be buffed to kinda counteract this. 

Griffins for sure could use breeding. Their health nerf was pretty overkill. I would've much preferred that they receive the same projectile vulnerability that every other flyer has, or just that their per-level Health bonus post-tame was reduced.

Wyverns... as a server option, sure. I think on Officials, that would be excessive and could get seriously out-of-hand. Now, I do think that Wyverns (along with other egg-tameables like Rock Drakes and Deinonychus) should spawn up to the perfect-tame cap (i.e. 225 on officials) rather than up to 190 (or 150 for Deinos), but that's more of a OCPD pet peeve rather than a balance view.

Also, I would be supportive of both receiving a TEK Saddle with a low armor rating (no higher than 25.0) to help beef them up a little or with no serious armor rating but some additional functionality (i.e. Wyvern TEK saddle could change how their breath behaves). But, if going the armor route, that armor rating defintely would need to stay fairly low to be balanced.

Nerf Manas, These made up creatures are by far the most power and break the meta. They swim under water like fish for Christ sake. How is it you make this tame the fastest, breedable, saddle enabled, freeze ray organic in the game yet wyverns don’t stand a chance in a fight. It’s bull in my opinion and destroying the diversity of the pvp gameplay. Please do something about this wildcard 

If these were ever to become breedable they would have introduce particular mechanics to prevent players from easily mass breeding them. For instance, have it to where wyverns have to have particular conditions met in order for them to get into a breeding mood and in which the actual process of breeding is composed of a courtship ritual rather than simply cramming them into a tight space and enabling mating.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, BlueberryJackal said:

And Manas wont get easily to 20k, or what? 

If u were to make lightning wyverns breed-able they would destroy anything a 400%+ melee damage lighting wyvern can already kill people with the best of flack in a couple of seconds, just imagine 1k or even higher, mamas have already been nerfed quite a bit so there not as broken, if u seen the wyverns from legacy days u would know about the cancer they brought with them, just think of it this way fighting fire with fire is useless, making another overpowered creature to fight the other overpowered creature won’t fix poop 

Wyvern saddles and breedable yes

griffings saddle and breedable yes

everthing in that catigory is easy prey for a mana (i am talking the pvp lines) and i dont say they need to be able to kill them but i say a wyvern with simular amount of breeding should be able to stick up to a mana and also the griffin pretty much same resoning behind. 

For pvp the current meta is mana or get out. wyvern get only damage reduction from rider bonus so they take all damage raw to their hp so without any kind of armor they stand no chance against even a bad mana line and will also never as they are so squishy same goes for the griffin but he is even in worse state as he is not breedable.

also beeing frank here if a op mana kills me or a op wyvern in the end its the same thing in green but opens up more options of dinos even worth putting the time in breeding

On 7/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

No. The game is already inundated with flyers. The last thing it needs is every beach Bob running about with his own dragon.

i if that beach bob manages to breed a dragon to that amount that he would need more power to him. but as it is now not having a wyvern is not a quetstion of beach bob or not its just a bit of knowing how to i raised dragons naked so.

I agree the game is in a very bad state what flyers are and well the "jumper" but giving wyverns and griffins the chance to have armor would not change things that much tbh.  their range compared with the mana is still bad their damage scaling is kinda terrible they not even get a crossair to help you aim

Wyverns have a different maximum level limit then most other dinosaurs to prevent them from bred and mutated to be overpowered because come on, it's easier stealing a high level wyvern egg than taming a giganotosaur or titanosaur, and lightning wyverns do massive amounts of damage even if low level! I don't think they should be bred but what else was said in this discussion that I agree to is that females should drop unfert eggs and have a timer that spawns milk in their inventories similar to breeding timers.

Griffins on the other hand, should be breedable because they (even if high level) are extremely weak animals and breeding/mutating them is necessary if you want them to become as strong as an argentavis. Besides, they should also have genders like males and females because how else would there be so many in crystal isles? Asexual reproduction? They be mammals not bacteria

On 5/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Al3x4ndr0sz said:

The only thing,there is a big % to find only low lv eggs in drake nest. And other thing,the max egg lv is 190? (Wyvern/drake). I read a comment where was an idea about max findable egg is 300. I support that. They are not breedable so just a little help and don't need to boost them because with that lv is good enough anyway.

The max level is 180, if the max level is 150.

But you are right. It would be better, if the max level for eggs is rising, but not 300. That would be too much. 225 would be enough. 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, DodoRaptor said:

This doesn't make them any easier to tame, just easier to not kill. The fact that a griffin takes full damage severely limits their fighting skills. With the PvP servers crawling with super-bred managarmrs, this will allow older players, who are prefer griffins and wyverns to use these creatures with better survivability. It's fair that a level 300 mana with an ascendant saddle and full imprint can jet boost around the map freezing and destroying rexes, gigas, and wyverns, but unfair that said wyvern might get some armor and maybe tek blasts (breeding wyverns might be OP, but griffins seems fair enough)? Think about it.

That says more about how unbalanced flyers are compared to everything else.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ebro72 said:

I say wyvens shouldn’t be able to breed but have a saddle option and griffins should have both

Wyverns already have a decent health pool, let alone their abilities and dmg. I don't think they should be able to have saddles or allowed to be bred as that would make them already harder to kill. Though griffins should have both, with the option of being able to be ridden with or without a saddle as they don't have too great stats and the snow owl is basically a better griffin because they have a saddle and breed option so they aren't the commonly used flyer they once were. 

Archived